Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 AM
AaronSwift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I just am wondering does the act of suicide have an affect on the afterlife for someone. Life is a gift what does happen...

Physical elements play a part so if the suicide is especially perilous - i.e a dodgy cliff jump, you could be capitulated to a lower plane or Qliphoth style place due to God or mother nature's pleasure/pain mechanic being firmly rooted towards the later - i.e tasty food, drugs etc are bad for us and the fact that suicide is even necessary in such harsh ways tells you this. Most of the sure fire ways are painful. Many people die physically but their spirit pulls them back for some reason in certain slightly more mundane day to day activities, i.e harsh fasting.
Old 14-09-2015, 04:52 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

I mean,what better proof..?..An Angel,took a mortal form,and REPEATED word for word,a conversation that had happened years before in a "spiritual enconter"..Steve saw this as the final proof that all this spiritual paradigm was indeed ver very authentic - and so,later that night he hung himself,absolutely convinced that he would free his Soul,to progress further along this journey..Do you see..?..AN ANGEL told him to "come home" ..A Divine presence,came and gave hima PRE ARRANGED SIGN !!

Really? What makes you think it was an true light angel? I do not believe an real angel of the Lord would ever do that ...
Old 14-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRRUS
Hi Sonfromnamek,
There are different types of reasons and purposes for suicide.
Illness, Reationship issues and business failures etc are common examples.
Some people just think the world is not a good place and cannot face the struggle and fight against their existance.
It is my understanding that for some the suffering does not end with the end of the body. The suffering can continue even after death.
I suppose that could be related to the actual reason for the suicide.
I also believe that those who do take their own lives and cut short their life experience will be sent back to live another life to learn all over again.
Light and Peace
Cirrus

The impression I have, after watching a documentary about a young girl who hung herself after finding herself pregnant in the Victorian era (she would have been outcast socially ......the lad not blamed....so a bitter pill for a night's passion) is that it makes problems on the other side.

He spirit was not able to rest thus the building (where she hung herself) was said to be haunted.
Old 14-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I can't say with absolute certainty but every fiber of my being believes if God is unconditional then suicide would be included in that. I don't think we are judged for the act except by ourselves and maybe the humans who were left behind. We may have to atone to those we left behind if we had an agreement and our leaving left them high and dry but I believe their spirit selves tend to be understanding of our difficulties. There is karma to be met but not in the sense of it being punishment. I read a book recently called Your Soul's Plan, and it spoke more about the things that happen in our life, big and small, are actually preplanned by us. We decide what will happen based on how we handled the previous existence and we actually plot out different scenarios based on the myriad of possible different responses we may have to life. So all sorts of outcomes are taken into consideration and if we plot out a life where suicide is a potential then I am sure that is taken into account as well though I am sure all measures are taken to try and give us the best opportunity for it not to happen it is likely expected in some instances.

This said, from my own personal experience, even though we aren't punished if we do leave we don't rid ourselves of our troubles. I have spent most of my life running away from a very profound depression that I can only describe as total blackness and a sorrow in my core so heavy and painful it was excruciating to not be able to implode on the spot. The problem is there is nothing, absolutely nothing in my life to warrant such feelings. By all accounts I have a beautiful life, with beautiful people in it and I have been a pretty nice person so had I taken my life I would have been one of those people that was judged pretty harshly. But I can't deny that I had the feelings. And quite frankly the only reason I didn't do it was because there was a part of me that knew death wasn't the answer. The feelings of wanting out were so bad as to go beyond wanting death. I sincerely did not want to exist. Pretty powerful feelings that I found myself unable to run away from and so I had no choice but to try and find the root cause of the feelings.

Thankfully during it all I gained a pretty good channel with my higherself and I first came to understand that I had intended to face what was happening. I then came to understand that at some point in one of my previous lives I did something I was so ashamed of I DECIDED I should not exist. So the depression and desire to cease to exist wasn't any sort of punishment it was simply based in the decision I had made that I wasn't worthy of life. I fully suspect that at the time I made the decision I also took my life so the issue was never resolved and I am now paying the price by reliving the feelings to finally put my past to rest. In the beginning it was really tough because the problem was I had no frame of reference anymore, no memory of what led me to my decision and so before I realized this was tied into a past life I really spent a lot of time sincerely longing to be gone. There were some very very low points where I almost gave up and during those moments I was informed that I would not be judged. They did not want me to give up but if I did it would not be held against me, I would still be loved but I would again have to come back and relive the feelings all over.

So giving up is not judged. We are loved unconditionally but giving up does not fix the problem. So if you know someone who has left of their own accord send them love and healing and forgiveness. If you or someone you know are contemplating suicide just do your best to try and encourage them to search for the root cause of the dark thoughts so that they can be healed and left where they belong. In the past. And whether or not there is a strong connection with the higherself I do encourage talking to them regardless because they will hear and they do dearly want to help a person overcome the thoughts feelings and beliefs that hold us back from love. The truth of the matter is we are loved simple because we exist. This life is an exercise in us finding our way back to that understanding. But it is a very harsh place sometimes and the truth gets lost. But we are not judged for being lost. We are just continually encouraged to find our way back.

Well written.

I've been there a few times in the last few weeks (family disagreement amongst other things).

Sending you healing thoughts/wishes.
Old 26-09-2015, 02:04 AM
Wanderer42

Demons

What if a person, such as me, is highly opressed by demons of some sort. Voices, seeing them at times etc. While knowing it is my fault due to meth, alcohol and some not very good decsions and lifestyle i lead.
Can they drag you down? While you die they might be the first ones with your soul.
Im just wandering, somebody experienced pls answer. :)
Old 26-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer42
What if a person, such as me, is highly opressed by demons of some sort. Voices, seeing them at times etc. While knowing it is my fault due to meth, alcohol and some not very good and lifestyle i lead.
Can they drag you down? While you die they might be the first ones with your soul.
Im just wandering, somebody experienced pls answer. :)

Nothing's ever all your fault.
Old 30-09-2015, 06:30 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I just am wondering does the act of suicide have an affect on the afterlife for someone. Life is a gift what does happen...

The return to the spirit world is the same for suicides as it is for everyone else. We are met by our guide who is a senior, advisor soul, of our soul group and the post life summation begins. Following this we return to our home on the soul plane where we interact with our close friends.

The only real difference for a suicide is that he/she knows that a return to the same circumstances is inevitable. When we are ready we voluntarily return for another try. Another life with a different body and personality but with the same lesson opportunity. Life on Earth is a series of lessons. The goal is not knowledge but the resultant wisdom. The suicide will keep trying until he/she gets it right.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Suspended
Experiencer
Suicide is Not Death

With so many threads on Suicide this view may have been already posted. Here is William Q Judge, extracted from his article "Suicide is Not Death":

http://www.theosophytrust.org/187-suicide-is-not-death

Quote:
Suicide is a huge folly, because it places the committer of it in an
infinitely worse position than he was in, under the conditions from
which he foolishly hoped to escape. It is not death. It is only a leaving
of one well-known house in familiar surroundings to go into a new
place where terror and despair alone have place. It is but a preliminary
death done to the clay, which is put in the “cold embrace of the grave,”
leaving the man himself naked and alive, but out of mortal life and not
in either heaven or hell...

The fate of the suicide is horrible in general. He has cut himself
off from his body by using mechanical means that affect the body, but
cannot touch the real man. He then is projected into the astral world,
for he has to live somewhere. There the remorseless law, which acts
really for his good, compels him to wait until he can properly die.
Naturally he must wait, half dead, the months or years which, in the
order of nature, would have rolled over him before body and soul and
spirit could rightly separate. He becomes a shade; he lives in purgatory,
so to say, called by the Theosophist the “place of desire and passion,”
or “Kāma-Loka.” He exists in the astral realm entirely, eaten up
by his own thoughts. Continually repeating in vivid thoughts the act
by which he tried to stop his life’s pilgrimage, he at the same time sees
the people and the place he left, but is not able to communicate with
any one except, now and then, with some poor sensitive, who often is
frightened by the visit. And often he fills the minds of living persons
who may be sensitive to his thoughts with the picture of his own taking
off, occasionally leading them to commit upon themselves the act of
which he was guilty.

Last edited by Skull : 10-02-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Burntfruit

I don't think suicide will make much difference. I would say a lot of people choose a slow suicide with addictions to drink, cigarettes etc.

Life is only a game we choose to play as spirits. It is only our human brains who pervert it into some type of achievement gathering exercise.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I don't think suicide will make much difference. I would say a lot of people choose a slow suicide with addictions to drink, cigarettes etc.

That is definitely worth a thought. Good point. And you inspired me to consider this:
So where do we draw the line...? (Maybe there IS no 'line'?) ....thinking about those who damage their heart by diet or too much sitting in their job, which they need to do to provide for their dependants....those who choose to be mountaineers, or test pilots, those who love surfing, know the risks, but a wave takes them one day, or those women who refuse chemotherapy to protect their unborn child.....
So many millions of ways to cause our own physical passing!
Are we all meant to sit on a fluffy cushion and say "Om" all day, and drink water and eat only raw food sparingly?

So where actually IS that 'line' which says it is suicide or not?? And are all these people (many many millions of people) reaping "a suicide's dire fate" on the other side? I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Life is only a game we choose to play as spirits. It is only our human brains who pervert it into some type of achievement gathering exercise.

Yes, we are here to experience life in all its many forms, with all its many challenges. I think when we all cross, it will be a case of "Phew! You did well with that lot! That was tough. Good job done!"
And for those who couldn't stay the full course (actually how do WE know it wasn't their 'full course'?)....there will be the same loving acceptance of a life in Matter with its challenges and hardships, which some find difficult. NO harshness! NO judgement!
Some of the finest most elevated Souls have experienced all kinds of things in the Aeons of their many lives.
And possibly..."There is another voluntary descent into Matter -if you want one? To have another go? Do you want to? If not, there is no hurry. Earth concepts of Time mean nothing to us here. You can do exactly what you desire to do, in your own way and when you're ready."

Both good points, Burntfruit.