Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Ascender
Never say never, I guess, but I personally don't think it's possible for the other one not to feel it, seeing as the energy is so powerful, and that the two of them are practically one and the same. On a higher plane they are actually not separated at all. Lucky them! Uh, I mean us!

the future's so bright

Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Borealis
And yes, both recognize the TF connection (although usually not in so many words), but one or both will be so overwhelmed and freaked out by the powerful energy that is created between them (that leaves you feeling you have no control over your feelings and reactions in regards to the other one) - that they run for their lives.

In a meditation I realised how terrified I am. It struck me a little because I've always felt calm, serene and peaceful in meditations and up until meeting him there it was peaceful. Yet as soon as he came near ... I wanted to hide. Scared, no, terrified!
When I came out of the meditation is when I realised it's either me or him or both that feel this and what came to me to describe it is a bird in a cage and an entire limitless landscape. The bird is scared stiff to fly out because out there it's vulnerable and could get hurt or lost so it wants to stay where it feels safe. Yet it does not realise how liberating it is for him to be free of the cage. The cage symbols to me the mind, the bird the soul and the landscape the unconditional love.
This bird doesn't realise how limited it is in this cage and has in fact come to think of it as protecting yet it yearns to fly.

Your post reminded me of that. And yes, I felt I had no control over feelings and reactions to him. When I can centre inward It feels better yet I see how terrified I actually am.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Natalia

Hello Amy

I don't stop loving because person B says no to a tf title. I don't place conditions like "OH not me? Okay no more love for you now. Bye" That would sound pretty ego conditoned based.
Person B says "Yes we are connected at a soul level" and that's okay, I agree with him. When he said "I love you" it confirmed I wasn't nuts thinking he didn't.
I have had my own struggle yet at the end of the day love just will and we both have free will to do and see and go as we please.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
Hello Amy

I don't stop loving because person B says no to a tf title. I don't place conditions like "OH not me? Okay no more love for you now. Bye" That would sound pretty ego conditoned based.
Person B says "Yes we are connected at a soul level" and that's okay, I agree with him. When he said "I love you" it confirmed I wasn't nuts thinking he didn't.
I have had my own struggle yet at the end of the day love just will and we both have free will to do and see and go as we please.
Hi Nat - I appreciate it's a problematic condition....just trying to understand what TF means - seems there are no hard and fast rules really. Better not ask what the definition of a soul mate is then!

Hope things are getting a little easier, clearer for you.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:22 PM
amissaanima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Borealis
And yes, both recognize the TF connection (although usually not in so many words), but one or both will be so overwhelmed and freaked out by the powerful energy that is created between them (that leaves you feeling you have no control over your feelings and reactions in regards to the other one) - that they run for their lives.
yeah lol. And it's a very beautiful thing to see them/us coming out of the ego problem. I believe that is one of the things we learn from this.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Recently I've been wondering if the 'Twin Flame Story' is perpetuating personal melodrama.

Maybe the aggrandising of 'twin flames' sets expectations which don't acurately represent the reality of peoples lives, and this creates anguish in the hearts of those who aspire to reach for unattainable ideals.

Quote:
I wonder if it's fair to expect anyone to live up to these unrealistic standards, and I doubt anyone can, so that causes a lot of disappointment and anxiety.

Maybe the gravity of what is "acceptable" and "conventional" in today's society doesn't represent the reality of Spirit, dragging down expectations from the lofty limitless ones that we (the TF denizens here and elsewhere) have and know deep down truly exist, creating anguish in the hearts of those who want to reach for these lofty (but ultimately attainable) ideals, but find that they can't, just yet, esp. when there are those (present company excepted ) who refuse to acknowledge these deeper, higher truths and tell us that they don't actually exist.

Think about that and get back to me about what is "fair". All I know is that I am 100% determined to live up to these TF standards, and nothing and no-one is going to stop me.
[<---most annoying smiley ever]
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
In a meditation I realised how terrified I am. It struck me a little because I've always felt calm, serene and peaceful in meditations and up until meeting him there it was peaceful. Yet as soon as he came near ... I wanted to hide. Scared, no, terrified!
When I came out of the meditation is when I realised it's either me or him or both that feel this and what came to me to describe it is a bird in a cage and an entire limitless landscape. The bird is scared stiff to fly out because out there it's vulnerable and could get hurt or lost so it wants to stay where it feels safe. Yet it does not realise how liberating it is for him to be free of the cage. The cage symbols to me the mind, the bird the soul and the landscape the unconditional love.
This bird doesn't realise how limited it is in this cage and has in fact come to think of it as protecting yet it yearns to fly.

Your post reminded me of that. And yes, I felt I had no control over feelings and reactions to him. When I can centre inward It feels better yet I see how terrified I actually am.

[Link to the song thread based off of the above post]

And matching pic, bluebird in point of fact:

Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 08-04-2013, 03:11 PM
amy green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elessar
[<---most annoying smiley ever]
It does look more uncomfortable than annoying to me - bouncing back up on your belly!

OK - break over.... back to the melodrama.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Hey Gem.
Do NOT knock the melodrama of these kinds of strong soul connections (whatever people label it as).

It has its purpose.

These kinds of intense longings/loving without the drudgery of a physical relationship often manifest into creativity.

Throughout the human history in every culture, men and women who experienced these kinds of soul connections have composed soulful music, have written heartbreaking poetries, have painted breathtaking paintings, and have written timeless love stories.

We are richer because of this kind of melodramatic love.

I like it. It has its purpose, a very important one.
Often people learn what love is or should be from those creations of “melodramas”

Without the “melodramatic creativities” of those who have suffered, I wonder if we would ever know love.

Just do not label it... because it is beautiful just as it is...

Nada...this is a beautiful response and it really resonated with me.
I know we all have to use some words & labels to discuss...but
I see from your response that it's not only about whether or not you personally can relate to it.
That whatever others experience, you can see the potential good not only for them but for everyone as a whole...
And there is no negative judgment...I am truly moved by your reponse.

On a personal note, no matter what term is used, when we experience a deep soul connection and feel that we are truly and deeply seen AND accepted, that is a very moving experience. I feel that regardless of how the odds may appear to us, they are expressing as Nada said, the ideals of their soul.
Are these wrong? Is conviction and purity naive and worthless in the face of often harsh reality? Or can we also defend the right of the soul to come to expression within our human reality?

I think these beg some interesting discussions.
Immanuel Kant always maintained that the ideal and the real are both true but in different ways.
Our life's work is to reconcile these as best we can, and it is ever an imperfect work.
Philosophers have long seen the arts, music and poetry as embracing and reflecting these ideals,
for standing for them when our societies have yet to fully or deeply embrace these ideals.

For me, this life is also a part of learning to live in unison with your soul, which says that your ego and your outer life should (ideally) reflect your inner life and be aligned with it. Reality and the needs of the temple which houses the soul (and by this temple I include body and mind) are crucial...
but I feel they cannot be the sole or the soul determinants of what in this existence is good and true.
We see much suffering and injustice, and it is our ideals of what is good and true that guide us to strive for better.
So too, in love, as in all things, eh?

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Nada...this is a beautiful response and it really resonated with me.
I know we all have to use some words & labels to discuss...but
I see from your response that it's not only about whether or not you personally can relate to it.
That whatever others experience, you can see the potential good not only for them but for everyone as a whole...
And there is no negative judgment...I am truly moved by your reponse.
7L

Thank 7L,

The Melodrama thread prompted me to be creative.
And it made me to write the below poem and to post it under the poetry section yesterday.

Melodrama = Creativity = Lesson of love for all

Here it is:

Melodrama
I love you

Help me to reach
Deepest depth
Of my soul

Help me to feel
Vastness
Of my heart’s heart

Fill my soul entirely
With your essence

Let me drown
In your love

Let me shower you
With these gifts

Soulful love song
Just for your ears

Heartfelt love story
Just for your mind

Let me woo your soul
With my verses

Let me show you
My love

On a blank canvas
With every color of our universe

Blinding brightness
Just for your eyes

Help me to embrace
Love of all loves

Melodrama
I love you

See? Even just a discussion of melodrama makes us to be creative.