Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Master
If love never fails, what makes people divorce or break-up?

Because there's a lot more going on in relationships than just the love.

It's love itself, the love within our own inner hearts, that never fails.

Here's how to get in touch with this:
Heart Meditations - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4106

Xan

Old 15-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

It is an absolute universal truth that, in the end, good must be victorious and that love must be as well.
Old 16-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
Dear nailspiritseeker,

I understand that you mean a love turning from unconditional to conditional?

In my opinion unconditional love is absolute, and forever. It does not depend of external influences including those coming from the loved one.

If unconditional love turns conditional, it means that something external, a condition, made it change. If anything made it change, it was not unconditional.

Big hug,
TISS

Therefore, unconditional Love can not turn conditional!
Old 16-05-2012, 02:39 PM
godslove99

I think people also get scared and confused. They misinterpret security and comfort for the lack of love. Instead of fighting for the relationship they give up and let it fail. I think if love becomes conditional then it is no longer real love. You should never put conditions on love. Basically, that is putting "works" into the relationship making the person "earn" it. You should never have to "earn" it. It should always be "given".

I struggle with this whole thing as I love my spouse unconditionally. However, she puts conditions on her love and always had. This is why the relationship is no longer working. Though I strongly believe with the proper renewal of the the relationship this can be overcame.

In the end people give up to easily and that is why we have breakups and divorce. They don't understand that love HAS to be unconditional and the feeling of comfort is a good thing not a bad thing.
Old 17-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Master
As I see it, unconditional love is not so much about relationships since it is rarely found there.

But love itself, pure love that is our own essence, is here in all conditions. We only need to turn our attention to it and viola! ... love!

Xan

Old 22-05-2012, 04:48 AM
episkopos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
When you first love and then hate, you were not loving at all. It was a mirage.

Unconditional love has no expectation, therefore there is no hate due to disappointment. Unconditional love is forever.

Blessings,
TISS

Does that mean that people who have been married for example, over 20 years and suddenly divorce, never loved but lived in a mirage?
Old 22-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Master
Tiss: When you first love and then hate, you were not loving at all. It was a mirage.

I find this too much a black-or-white view. Who in this world always feels loving, even in the most harmonious relationships? We humans are prone to all kinds of positive and negative emotions, attitudes, changes, denials, woundings, defenses, resistances, healings, forgivings and re-openings to feeling love for another.

Only love Itself, love within our inner being is unchanging and eternal.

Xan

Old 25-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Goofie

I think love is much more than a feeling.In my opinion love is a way of living too. I believe love never fails , but some times we call love many other emotions like desire, enthusiasm, lust etc.. Love is far beyond egoistic perspectives and also love can exist and continue existing while changing forms. Two people grow and change sometimes seperately . I think love is to respect this and accept it and let someone free knowing it is for the best. I think some people come into our lives forever, some others for a short time and for many reasons each of them. But it can still be love.
(I ve read for the first time about "love never fails" in a religious text and I think it talks about something more than relationships, although I don t know if it originates from somewhere anyway.!It is a very common expression though and encouraging :) )
Old 25-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by episkopos
If love never fails, what makes people divorce or break-up?

Once you love someone and give yourself to them, you should strive to maintain and nourish the love that you share. It is this love that will keep you to the end. So I ask again, is it that love finishes or turns sour that is why people who once loved madly suddenly hate each other to death?

Well..
LOVE between imperfect physical human beings mirrors us.. imperfect.

Unconditional love, itself, never fails. This is true ONLY when LOVE is unconditional.

However, the CONDITIONAL LOVE comes and goes.
So, when the expected condition that is tied to LOVE goes, it fails.

Divorce, break-ups, and even marriage are not always about LOVE itself, whether conditional or unconditional.
People marry or stay married without love due to tradition, loyalty, emotional attachment, social obligation, children, and etc.
Most people in this world do not marry for love and they certainly do not stay in marriage because of love.
In fact, marriage just for love is a new trend in our human history and only in certain cultures.

Divorce and break-ups are not always about love. Often, unconditional love is still there but the relationship does not workout due to many different reasons.

The important thing is to LOVE AGAIN even it fails.