Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-04-2012, 05:17 PM
episkopos

Love never fails

If love never fails, what makes people divorce or break-up?

Once you love someone and give yourself to them, you should strive to maintain and nourish the love that you share. It is this love that will keep you to the end. So I ask again, is it that love finishes or turns sour that is why people who once loved madly suddenly hate each other to death?
Old 29-04-2012, 05:42 PM
dark1979

Good question and needs to
think, perhaps
because we can not
understand the fact of
love, Or because we are
very selfish.
Old 29-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Guide
When you first love and then hate, you were not loving at all. It was a mirage.

Unconditional love has no expectation, therefore there is no hate due to disappointment. Unconditional love is forever.

Blessings,
TISS
Old 29-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Guide

I've never heard the phrase "love never fails."

Love, being a relationship between two utterly human and fallable people, would seem to have every possibility of failing.

But why view it as failure? If two people meet, fall in love, and continue to grow... what guarantee is there that they will continue to grow in the same direction?

I have loved several times during my life. In each case, love ended, but didn't fail. I learned beautiful lessons from each relationship, and would have joyously thrown myself into mindless devotion to that person... but that would not have helped me grow, would it?

In each case, it was my partner who ultimately made the choice to end the relationship, but I still am friends with them all. I still learn from them all, but without the blindness that love can cause. I have no need to idolize them, or make demands of them, and they are free to grow and explore just as I am.

But I don't believe love "failed" in any of those relationships. I learned great lessons, and came away the wiser. How is that failure?

Just my thoughts.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
When you first love and then hate, you were not loving at all. It was a mirage.

Unconditional love has no expectation, therefore there is no hate due to disappointment. Unconditional love is forever.

Blessings,
TISS

Question: Can a love that was once unconditional turn conditional?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailspiritseeker
Question: Can a love that was once unconditional turn non conditional?

Dear nailspiritseeker,

I understand that you mean a love turning from unconditional to conditional?

In my opinion unconditional love is absolute, and forever. It does not depend of external influences including those coming from the loved one.

If unconditional love turns conditional, it means that something external, a condition, made it change. If anything made it change, it was not unconditional.

Big hug,
TISS
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by episkopos
If love never fails, what makes people divorce or break-up?

Once you love someone and give yourself to them, you should strive to maintain and nourish the love that you share. It is this love that will keep you to the end. So I ask again, is it that love finishes or turns sour that is why people who once loved madly suddenly hate each other to death?
I think a lot of so called love is infactuation, lust...things like that. The chemicals that go off like fireworks when the excitement and passion is awakened. Too often people get caught up in all the bells and whistles and when the relationship becomes something different, and people tire of putting their best foot forward, (excitement wears off)...some realize that they really don't even like each other. One thought anyway. Also, now days it's so much easier to be unfaithful and people can easily find another to awaken the excitement with...and so there are no true foundations built. I think one has to be mature enough to want a good, healthy relationship and be committed. It's a throw away society, a selfish society.

I often thought of unconditional love...i used to believe that I had unconditional love to give... my ex husband had strings upon everything he ever gave me, including love. And it was always what was in it for him... I gave freely, he never did.

I was talking with someone who seemed to put conditions on our relationship and I felt very saddened by this... I thought can't anyone love me for me and just love me freely without demands and conditons? He asked me if he decided to become a bum, if he decided to become a drunk, to quit his job, would I still love him, would I still stay? I had to think about it, and I said I could still love, but my love might fade as I lost respect in the man... would I stay with someone who decided to toss his life away and be a bum, a drunk? Probably not. And so I thought about unconditional love and realized there is no such thing....and actually, worse, to have unconditional love for someone might just be a foolish thing.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Experiencer
A relationship built on mutual unconditional love is quite an amazing thing, however this doesn't mean that the relationship will continue on in the same fashion throughout a lifetime. If one or the other feels the need to move on into another phase of their life then these 2 people could separate with love while still loving one another even though they move apart.

Unconditional love means, "I love you so completely that even if you choose to move on to a part of your life without me in it, I will still love you regardless".

Love and Light
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Spiritual Healer

I think love is the only media by which two peoples get tied up with each other,but its only mutual understanding and trust which makes a relation perfect.
Old 15-05-2012, 07:28 PM
OceanSoul

Breaking up isn't love failing. Love failing is us never commiting to love...thats failure.

If you commit to somebody and it doesnt work out, you still loved and probably still will love...just in a different context.

You also have to consider the most important thing in ones life is self-love and if you stay in an unsatisfying relationship that has run it's course, then you're failing in your duty to love yourself.