Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Chrysocolla

Question Does your choice in words for affirmations matter?

intent is supposed to be the thing used right? Words only help direct intent and organize it. Do your choice in words really matter or will it be effective as long as you understand what you mean? Also is speaking it out loud more effective or does it matter? Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Master
Yes word selection does matter quite a bit. There is great power in words. However what most of us fail to appreciate is where many of these words come from.

Words can reflect the subconscious/unconscious perspective. Many times they represent what we have been programmed to think. Who did the programming and the energies of those intentions will creep into the affirmation.

I hope that this view will be helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Arfie

I was 10 or twelve before I spoke well enough to trust words. I still have trust issues with words. I trust sensory communications far more than I trust words.

What matters to me is finding sounds and words that resonate with the message. What I am attempting to explain lives beyond words.

Recited verbage does not work well for me.
Old 14-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Enya

Words are of major importance in all aspects of communication. The intent which comes from a clear heart has to filter through the mind and then the mouth. If either of these are muddled with vague concepts, ideas or limiting conditioning, then the focus and intent behind the words chosen can be lost.

When creating affirmations or other statements, try writing one, then refining and clarify it in further statements until it says exactly what you mean it to say. Then speak it aloud with power in your voice. You'll notice the difference.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:19 AM
Ascender

Yes it matters, because you need to pick wording which chimes with you. Anything which doesn’t (or an affirmation which is overly long) just won’t create the feeling and excitement within you. Affirmations which are too long are just wordy head trips in your mind and won’t sink in.

Something else to remember is that a word in an affirmation, means what you choose it to mean, and will manifest according to what you think it means. So abundance for instance, can mean different things to different people. One thinks it’s about money, and manifests that. Another thinks it’s about health, and manifests that. A third thinks it’s about being able to enjoy life, and so on.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, the choice of the word matters. Your subconscious mind does not understand negative words like (not, never, did not, can not), and if you affirm "I can not be bankrupt", then it will not consider "not".
Positive and present tense sentences are best for manifesting.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:41 AM
Master
Words are just point of focus, they can help focus. They can help clarify and reflect back for clarifying. But its all just you and your conscious relationship with these things and how you feel in all of that emotionally is what matters and really indicates what you believe and thus will experience.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:56 AM
Master
I am..........
I stilled my mind and what ever came to me was what I used. It worked for me.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysocolla
intent is supposed to be the thing used right? Words only help direct intent and organize it. Do your choice in words really matter or will it be effective as long as you understand what you mean? Also is speaking it out loud more effective or does it matter? Thanks!

Actually I think it doesn't matter what you say at all. the most important dynamic is if you believe what you say, because that's where the power comes from for the law of attraction to convert it into manifestation
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 17-02-2022, 04:03 AM
Master
Yeah you can recognize a believe by how feel emotionally.

feel fear.
believe: bad thing is gonna happen to me.

If I want something good to happen to me I can focus on that and then as the energy grows through focus, then I feel better, as a believe is just a thought you keep thinking which becomes a habbitually practiced energetic thought pattern.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 17-02-2022 at 05:11 AM.