Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
IMO if there is "A" path and you get off it by concerning yourself with the divine, then by exclaiming there is no God you take yourself off the path.
Let's face it, there are as many paths in Buddhism as there are followers so it can't be about the path or "a" path.

Where does God fit into Buddha's teachings ?
Old 17-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where does God fit into Buddha's teachings ?
Where doesn't God fit in.
Buddha as far as I know had nothing to say against or for God and as far as mythology and folklore, they play an important part in the evolution of understanding and equally to many today.
As far I am concerned, our paths lead to walking hand and hand with God and it's the journey in that relationship is what God has always wanted and where we find joy and happiness.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 17-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Buddha as far as I know had nothing to say against or for God and as far as mythology and folklore, they play an important part in the evolution of understanding and equally to many today.
As far I am concerned, our paths lead to walking hand and hand with God and it's the journey in that relationship is what God has always wanted and where we find joy and happiness.

So.... where does god fit into the teachings of the Buddha ? Could you expand a bit more please..
Old 17-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Buddhism is beautiful in its simplicity, leave out the divine beings, empowerments, transmission and yidams, they are not part of Buddhims but ancient customs and fokelore, mythology etc: added on.

That is part of your version of Buddhism.

It has and is a part of buddhism and is much more than fokelore or mythology :)

Buddhism calls itself a science because it says look if you do a, b will happen.

All you have to do is try it and find out.
Old 17-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:

He had much to say about a God.

Why do you think he split from Bhramaism?

In Buddhism there is no supreme God like in Christianity.
Old 17-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
So.... where does god fit into the teachings of the Buddha ? Could you expand a bit more please..
Given all the versions of the teachings of the Buddha, I'd say no one knows.
God is about a relationship between the creator and creation. That relationship is available on any path.
Buddhism to me is quite the opposite, it seems to become about severing relationship with yourself, with God, with others and even with creation.
So for those reasons it's a great path to meet God. It's the extreme opposite and it just doesn't work as a whole. This section of the forum is witness to that IMO.

Old 17-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
He had much to say about a God.

Why do you think he split from Bhramaism?

In Buddhism there is no supreme God like in Christianity.
That's because in Buddhism or what Buddhism has become, there is no you and therefore there can be no other.
You may see otherwise but that's my point, it's a religion with different beliefs.

Old 17-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
That is part of your version of Buddhism.

It has and is a part of buddhism and is much more than fokelore or mythology :)

Buddhism calls itself a science because it says look if you do a, b will happen.

All you have to do is try it and find out.

' look if you do a b will happen ' ????????

It's not my version, read some of the Pali Cannon you will see for yourself it's Buddha's teachings.
Has science found devine beings, yidams deity's etc: ?
Old 17-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Given all the versions of the teachings of the Buddha, I'd say no one knows.
God is about a relationship between the creator and creation. That relationship is available on any path.
Buddhism to me is quite the opposite, it seems to become about severing relationship with yourself, with God, with others and even with creation.
So for those reasons it's a great path to meet God. It's the extreme opposite and it just doesn't work as a whole. This section of the forum is witness to that IMO.

In Buddhism there is no creator...
Old 17-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
IMO if there is "A" path and you get off it by concerning yourself with the divine, then by exclaiming there is no God you take yourself off the path.
Let's face it, there are as many paths in Buddhism as there are followers so it can't be about the path or "a" path.

Buddhism is probably the only so-called religion that puts the responsibility for figuring out what is true to each of us on the individual themselves. The Christian religion, for example, has been operating for quite some time, as the Sunday church roles are crumbling down around the ears of Christianity in modern times. It's because (partly) that the responsibility for any portion of human function has been wrested from each of us as individuals...sounds kind of like a gov thing doesn't it. And the world itself and societies in it have been sorta rickety because of this theft, so to speak, of our personal opinions AND more importantly our responsibilities. 'God' religions have been warping human society for a very long time - seems like forever the things we hear about and read that are so insane - come from beating our chests/breasts/whatev over 'God's' word and we end up killing each other.

I for one am protective of Buddhism - my understanding of it, anyway - because we've done some crazy things because some voice in the sky or words on a page told us - dictated to us to do this or do that, don't do this or don't do that. I'm not going to argue any longer about semantics on this thread, but the above is what I was prompted to say, even if it doesn't make sense to anybody else here. Ah well...Be well!