Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
one time when I was unhappy I was closer to the present moment than I had ever experienced when I was happy. Shrugs.

Yes I can understand that....
Old 19-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Master

Consciousness impressionable
By suffering visible
Is inevitable

Immersion into duality
Is a journey
Fraught with pain & uncertainty

It is only in timeless time
That we entwine
With the divine sublime

Meanwhile the anger & doubt
That onto us does grout
Is love beginning to sprout

Within

Old 19-05-2019, 12:54 PM
Master
The ''now'' cannot fix problems or change situations.Only we can.
Old 19-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Master
By the way,sometimes i feel like a selfish idiot who's chasing spirituality for his own personal gain,while at the same moment there are people who are in dire need of help.
I'm not sure anymore.
Old 19-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
The ''now'' cannot fix problems or change situations.Only we can.

Yes only we can, we are the one who's in in the ' Now '.
Old 19-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
There's a deep sadness in you that you simply prefer not to hear, because it hurts too much to listen, that's all.

I don't think you can speak for others. You are not in their life, just as they aren't in yours.
Old 19-05-2019, 05:37 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
Initially I wasn't drawn to Eckhart's teaching for some reason. Maybe because I misinterpreted the message as avoiding thinking about past/future - when actually it's more about being present and accepting of everything that's happening both internally and externally. There are many other teachers that speak of the value of non-resistance to *what is* too.

Anyway, lately I've been watching a few of his youtube videos and I must say I've really been enjoying his subtle humor and wise words. I do believe he's genuinely enlightened but such near-instant awakenings are obviously extremely rare.

Hard to say how many have been helped by his teachings - and to what degree, but his wife Kim Eng seems like a powerful testimony.

Thanks "It Is". I guess that was the point of the initial post - he may be enlightened, and instantly so, but to what degree do his words help others attain the same understanding?

I appreciate your input.

JL
Old 19-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thanks "It Is". I guess that was the point of the initial post - he may be enlightened, and instantly so, but to what degree do his words help others attain the same understanding?

I appreciate your input.

JL

You'll need to do a survey

Why do his words hold less value than the other teachings, he speaks the same essence. He quotes the ancient teachings. I think he makes it accessible to the masses in this modern world. You seem to hold your doctrine on such a high pedestal, that considering another in a different format, even when it has obvious value, it's not yours so it needs to be dismissed. That's the impression I get anyway. It's suits millions to learn this way. That's a great thing. I enjoy the audio book version.
Old 19-05-2019, 06:38 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
You'll need to do a survey

Why do his words hold less value than the other teachings, he speaks the same essence. He quotes the ancient teachings. I think he makes it accessible to the masses in this modern world. You seem to hold your doctrine on such a high pedestal, that considering another in a different format, even when it has obvious value, it's not yours so it needs to be dismissed. That's the impression I get anyway. It's suits millions to learn this way. That's a great thing. I enjoy the audio book version.

I love audio books.
Old 19-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I love audio books.

………….

That's great. The only thing I find though is if there are different narrator changes throughout the book. I end up concentrating on the accents I appreciate the volunteers time and effort though.