Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Ascender
How do you practice your spirituality in everyday life?

Often I think, for us spiritual minded types, it's easier to see the bigger picture and to find meaning in our lives through greater understanding. However, when it comes to the minutia of everyday life, it can be easy, even for the enlightened among us to get swept away in the ups and downs.

Therefor, I am interested in discovering how some of you practice your spirituality. How are you effected by your habits? How are others? Where are some of your weakensses?

I'll start with myself.

For the last couple of months I have been practicing what I know as unconditional love. The way I do this is every morning, I meditate on the feeling for about 10 to 15 minutes each morning.

I am finding this practice is drastically improving all of my relationships . I am finding I feel love for those I would normally judge. When I do get annoyed with someone or something, it's feels less impactful, and passes sooner. That's my spiritual focus as of late. Is it making an impact in the world? I don't know.

What's yours?
Old 21-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Master
I try not to do any harm or support anything that would lead to harm in any way.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I try not to do any harm or support anything that would lead to harm in any way.

That sounds like a great plan to me?
Old 21-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Master
Hello,

The big spiritual practice I encourage and apply is to not worry. My understanding is that our intellect is designed to be concernd about life and survival. I do not let it lead to excesive concerns which creates anxiety.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Master
It's not something I do, it's who I am. It shows in almost everything I do.
Things I regularly do are card readings, reading books in spiritual subjects -of late books by Diana Cooper- and I do the exercises that appeal to me that are in her books. These are very high frequency exercises and/or visualisations. I sign up for spiritual webinars, some free, some not.
I work on personal growth & development which is an important part of spiritual growth.
I listen to Abraham Hicks a lot, when I feel like it but it also one of my tools to get me to a higher vibration when I need it.
Then there's (Donna) Eden energy medicine. I tend to do the Daily Energy Routine and some other small thingies, hoping to alleviate the results of my neck injury (chronic tinnitus & vertigo).
It comes up in my paintings, even if I don't want it to, hihi. I have done some 'normal' landscapes, but often something turns up out of the blue: a stone circle, Ogham sticks, an angel in the clouds, Merlin wanting to be in the scenery and so on.

I don't always focus on one specific thing, it's mostly about getting to a higher vibration as then everything flows so easy, whether it's health, money, love, spreading love, feeling happy and so on.
Of late, however, I have been very busy with my path. I thought I had it clear, but then I wasn't so sure anymore. So this has gotten a lot of my attention the last few months.
Old 21-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Ascender
Hi Fairy Crystal,

Thank you for sharing. What an amazing spiritual path you are on! I too do what I can to raise my vibration to higher frequency. Like you I sometimes listen to Abraham, and have benefited a lot from their teaching.I have never heard of Diana Cooper, or Donna Eden but will look into their teaching. Have a blessed day.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Master
Awareness, and self examination.

Quote:
How are you effected by your habits?

It can leave me in a deeply confused and messed up state at times which leads to questioning. Other times very relaxed, and content. You follow your own course while drifting away from even the spiritual herd. Though sometimes you have to play along to survive or avoid unnecessary drama.

Quote:
How are others?

I wouldn't know. That isn't my problem. But i'm definitely less likable.

Quote:
Where are some of your weakensses?

My greatest passions. The things i value most. My sense of self.

Quote:
However, when it comes to the minutia of everyday life, it can be easy, even for the enlightened among us to get swept away in the ups and downs.

That's how you know what works and what doesn't. When the worse thing that can happen to you does happen. When your life is falling apart and going astray. "Spiritually wise" the best thing that can happen to someone who is interested in spirituality is that they realize that all their meditation, all their spiritual practice, has lead them nowhere. That all this time they thought they were evolving, progressing, yet they have yet to make any real progress. The whole time they were deceiving themselves. It can hit you hard. From there, there is the potential for real growth.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:04 AM
Master

Becoming increasingly more self aware through observation
Continuous contemplative consciousness correction
We often lose our way
We tend to go astray
Keeping on looking at voluntary & involuntary energies we are transmitting
Aspects of narrowness which are consciousness contracting
The road looks long, steep & winding
Only because of egoic hesitation within us sizing
Each that moment wherein we are not divine entwined
Look at it and see what type of vibrations within it we find

Old 22-05-2019, 04:06 AM
janielee

Thanks for a great thread, Flexi-Girl, and for attracting so many interesting responses
Old 22-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
That's how you know what works and what doesn't. When the worse thing that can happen to you does happen. When your life is falling apart and going astray. "Spiritually wise" the best thing that can happen to someone who is interested in spirituality is that they realize that all their meditation, all their spiritual practice, has lead them nowhere. That all this time they thought they were evolving, progressing, yet they have yet to make any real progress. The whole time they were deceiving themselves. It can hit you hard. From there, there is the potential for real growth.

I would say I have had some amazing spiritual growth when I felt I was at my lowest. On the other hand, I sometimes think one can think all their work was for nothing, when in fact everything is progressing as it should. Just maybe not in the way they expected. It's those low points that can move things along. Because of that I'm learning not to judge any experience too quickly.