Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-02-2022, 07:58 PM
Ascender
Is mediumship the actual liberation in Christianity?

I received the gift of mediumship from the Spirit lately, while meditating.

It came out of nowhere almost, to me the Buddhists / Yogic realizations make much more sense, but anyways, I was born and still live under a Christian tradition and culture.
I am grateful for that gift, although I still don't see any clear before / after, it's very progressive.

But anyways, would you agree with that statement?
Old 22-02-2022, 08:50 PM
Master
To me...... Mediumship is conversing with Spirit. I adapted that meaning because when I look at how Medium[ship] apparently was first used, that is what it meant. There are some groups that still hold that word to mean that.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-02-2022, 01:02 AM
Hmm, G, do you mean the liberation from limiting Christian beliefs?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2022, 02:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume

It came out of nowhere almost, to me the Buddhists / Yogic realizations make much more sense, but anyways, I was born and still live under a Christian tradition and culture.
I am grateful for that gift, although I still don't see any clear before / after, it's very progressive.

But anyways, would you agree with that statement?

Mediumship is my specialty but I don't understand what you're asking.
Old 23-02-2022, 08:29 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hmm, G, do you mean the liberation from limiting Christian beliefs?
Yes, right, beyond beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me...... Mediumship is conversing with Spirit.
Conversing with Spirit is one aspect, but there is more to it.
And there is still the possibility to converse with the heart thinking it's Spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Mediumship is my specialty but I don't understand what you're asking.
3-sentence quote please :)

Liberation is meant as liberation from suffering.
Liberation from beliefs is implicit, because those are a protection against suffering.
If you liberate yourself with beliefs ... well, it's not mediumship. EDIT: in my understanding

Last edited by Guillaume : 23-02-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 23-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
but anyways, I was born and still live under a Christian tradition and culture.
Not a good idea to tell your fundamentalist Christian friends about it, it's heretical. If it is actual mediumship then you're conversing with discarnate spirits and fundamental Christianity doesn't like that very much, because the only Spirit you should be talking to is God - and them only through the church.

Mediumship isn't a liberation so maybe it's best to work out what is going on with you.
Old 23-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Liberation from beliefs is implicit, because those are a protection against suffering.
If you liberate yourself with beliefs ... well, it's not mediumship.
You're not talking about mediumship either, sorry.
Old 23-02-2022, 12:39 PM
Ascender
Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Mediumship isn't a liberation so maybe it's best to work out what is going on with you.
What's going on with me, nothing. :)
This happened in a hotel where I spent several nights. I have another explanation: I was in the hotel owner's realm, and that's what I channeled from his spirit / soul that couldn't do the odd stuffs he wanted to do.

So mediumship has been my liberation in that hotel, maybe, it may only be true in that set of beliefs, or in that part of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Not a good idea to tell your fundamentalist Christian friends about it, it's heretical.
Sure, but I know and live more with Christians that mortify themselves than fundamentalists.
And I tend to think that the mediumship status is like the white flag "hey I'm in peace".
Old 23-02-2022, 01:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

If you liberate yourself with beliefs ... well, it's not mediumship.

3 sentence quotation as requested. I don't recognise any of what you've described as mediumship.

Contact or communication with spirit beings for your own benefit is no more than that and becomes mediumship only when it is used in the service of others. Service is the key.

blessings
Old 23-02-2022, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Based on what you wrote after that statement (not quoted to avoid the 3 sentence limit) your awareness of /sensitivity to spirit beings (or a heightened awareness of their presence) is what has happened to you.