Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-02-2012, 02:44 PM
breath

At least you're honest with yourself if you admit you fear dying. But maybe you aren't afraid of death, but just in love with life. You will be ready before you die, and it wont be for a long time. Next time you feel that fear, let it serve as a reminder that you truly value.

look up, no death - no life. by thich naht hahn, it's a video.
Old 23-02-2012, 12:44 AM
AJP

If you know where your spirit is going, there is no need to fear. Mine will be living with my Heavenly Father in heaven which is a comforting place to be (when he sees fit).
Old 23-02-2012, 01:09 AM
MorningMist

I agree wholehearted with Mr Interesting (again...and he really is!)

My fearless mother instilled in me from infancy the idea that death is the next great adventure in life...while I don't fear death per se, the way in which it might occur sometimes gives me pause for concern.

Hugs
MorningMist
Old 23-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Heart
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.

This sounds to me like the perfect motivator to enjoy life as much as you can and experience as much joy as you can. The fear, the energy can be used in your favor! Spin your life around while you still have it!
Old 23-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Master
If you live a boring life you will always be afraid of death, because you know down deep that you have never really lived, live your life to its fullest, and when death comes you will be pleased to let go, for you now realize that you have accomplished your mission as a human being.
Old 23-02-2012, 01:20 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.

Yes the idea of "forever." And the idea that no earthly relationship will compare to a relationship with God.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Light Child

Why be scared of death? Death is either paradise or nothingness, both of which are pain free.

I have no fear of death, however I do worry HOW I will meet my death, but I think this is a normal part of life.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Scottmana

Quote:
I am so afraid of death ....
You need not fear so much. There are a great many things that can be lost from death, death itself is not one of them.

Your fears are the things you can not face. There are reasons aplenty that I am sure you have to maintain such a gripping fear and they all stem from losing them or perhaps the ones you have already lost as if it could happen again.

Well, per me, you do live again and can have a new one as soon as your ready and say goodbye to the last.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Master

Do not be afraid of death. It is as natural as the changing of the seasons.

As the sun sets in one place, so it rises in another - and so it is with the spirit.
Death is not the end, but a transition to a better, brighter, more beautiful realm.

A book which I believe you would find comforting and reassuring is 'The Art of Dying' by Dr Peter Fenwick and Elizabeth Fenwick.

Here is a brief extract from the book....

'My mother's face lit up with joy. She smiled the most beautiful smile. She seemed to come alive.
She suddenly sat up in bed, her arms out towards someone, with a great look of happiness and then after a pause sank back on the pillow and died not long after.'

After 'death' in the earthly realm, we meet our departed loved ones again in the spiritual realm. And very often, when it is our 'time', one of our loved ones will come to take us over to 'the other side'. In this instance, one of the woman's loved ones - husband..mother...father? - had come for her. Hence the smile of joy and outstretched arms.
Beautiful.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 27-02-2012, 10:39 AM
amandria

I sometimes panic and start to doubt all what I have experianced, I think this is normal, dosnt matter how strong your belifes are of an after life, you will always sometimes have a fear of dying, and this happens when we are feeling so low, or frightend about getting older, for me, its the fear of getting older, im 45, and I have seen a lot of people i know die young, and it can be very traumatising, seeing and knowing people who have been here one day, and dead the next, its very frightening, and its normal to feel frightend, but... we have to try and be strong, because every moment on this earth plane is special, we have things to do, and spending our time worrying about something which hasnt happend to us yet, is very sad, we will ALL die one day sweetheart, but today and now, is for the living, I hadnt seen my dear friend in days, I knew she was having a tough time, and needed her own space, i had no reason to worry about her, as she sometimes took her self of and did her own thing for a few days, but one day, i felt so weak, i didnt feel good at all, i felt breathless, i felt like i was fading away, and very spaced out indeed, i had to slap myself, and wash my face in cold water, it was awful.. i felt i was going to die, but also, i felt at peace with myself, and my spirit self felt so at ease, but my physicaal body felt tramatised, and tehn it all just lifted, i told my boyfriend, that i had a feeling that someone had died, and a day later when another friend went to call on our friend, her door was open, and our friend was sat on her sofa with a cigerette in her hand, and she was gone, she had died of liver failier, one minute sitting there, and another was gone, this story isnt aimed to frighten you more, but just to let you know that life can be short for some people, but what makes the diffrnce here, is to try and be happy in each moment you live your life, if things in life aint looking good at the moment, do all you can possible to strive to make things better, and smile through the lowest times of your life to, because this is good medicine for your soul, each time i start to feel low, i find myself smiling, and i question my self lol, and argue with my self, at why the hec am i smiling ? im supposed to be miserable hahah.. laugh and smile in the face of misery, when ever any upsetting thought comes o you about dying, just get up and shake your self of, and tell your self firmly, I AM OK! Im fine, and find something to do which makes you smile, I normally go for a walk, or visit a friend, and best thing to do, is talk about it, this site is an amazing site, so much help and support and good things of knowledge, we are very lucky to have the privaledge to be apart of this wonderful chosen path, and , the only thing to fear is fear its self.. having my first child was very frightening, i was in agony for hours and hours, i thought i was gonna die, but as soon as it was over and my baby was born, i wondered why i got myself in to such a panic, so the second one was a doddle lol i think its simila to death, its frightening, but the end result is very sacred and special.. also, i think my nana in spirit knew about this thread i would read today haha, because she was chattering on to me last night, and funny enough, i asked her some questions, one was, im frightendend sometimes of dying, and is there really an afterlife ? which sometimes we all can dount things, even when we have had so many experiances lol.. and my nana echoed back to be, very faintly i could just here her, she said, that when im ready, we will be there for you.. and I say these words in jesus name xxxx that all i say is true to you with hand on my heart x