Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Pathfinder
New question

I want to start to lean how to AP, ive had some close experiences so far but ive stopped now because i fear something. Can you get sleep paralysis/ old hag syndrome from AP? Also im scared of these storys of shadow entities.

can they harm you?
Are they real or just a hallucination?

Thanks for reading and helping

OM ॐ
Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 PM
PureOceanLab

Yes, sleep paralysis is a symptom of AP. It's a good thing though. It means you're close to AP.

Through experience you'll learn that there is nothing to fear. You should do your research on these entities you're talking about if you're really scared.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Pathfinder
Cheers for the help man :) Could i see the entities when im trying to AP?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex11
I want to start to lean how to AP, ive had some close experiences so far but ive stopped now because i fear something. Can you get sleep paralysis/ old hag syndrome from AP? Also im scared of these storys of shadow entities.

can they harm you?
Are they real or just a hallucination?

Thanks for reading and helping

OM ॐ
Can you get sleep paralysis from APing? Well in a way yes I guess. Sometimes for some people sleep paralysis can be a symptom that they are near projecting or already in a projection. But the people who believe that sleep paralysis always is a symptom of astral projection or that it is required to project are misinformed. Sleep paralysis can happen through regular sleeping and sometimes is involved in and around dreaming as well. Something that I have noticed personally with suffering from sleep paralysis for several years and having well over a thousand or so episodes of sleep paralysis is that my physical body never actually suffered from sleep paralysis, that only my other "spiritual" bodies such as the astral body was the body which was actually paralyzed. And so if a person is able to realize this during the paralysis and somehow overcome the paralysis they could certainly use it to go off into a lucid dream or a projection, but being that they are paralyzed that is not always going to be possible unfortunately. And so using sleep paralysis as a target or goal in your attempts to astral project is counterproductive as there are no realistic symptoms that are going to occur every time for every single person. The goal should always remain astral projection itself since whatever you experience prior to the projection beginning is meaningless unless you're actually able to experience the projection itself.

If you're scared of the stories of shadow-beings then you probably have some work to do before you should actively pursue astral projection. Obviously I cannot tell you what to do but if hearing stories scares you then in my opinion you're not completely ready for the realities of astral projection. Just as in this world there are good and bad, positive and negative, light and dark people it is no different in the realms, dimensions, and worlds you can experience through astral projection. Accepting your fears, educating yourself about what it is you fear, and then dealing with and eventually conquering your fears is a vital and extremely important step in not only astral projection but in spiritual growth itself. Many people skip this step for many reasons and eventually they will likely hit a road-block of some sort that prevents them from moving forward until they address their fears. It's impossible to completely embrace astral projection and experience these other realms, dimensions, and worlds in their totality until you can explore them fearlessly. Entering these realms and exploring them with a heart, mind, and soul filled with even a shred of fear is never a wise choice or idea for anyone.

Are shadow-beings real? Yes they are just as real as light-beings, just as real as you or I. The word hallucination is too often used in matters such as lucid dreaming and astral projection. Beings such as shadow-beings reflect your fears at you and so people see the image of what it is they fear and automatically believe it was a hallucination, but that is not always the case if ever. Can shadow-beings or other dark or "negative" beings harm you? Well it depends on your definition of harm. Can they cause pain to the body you're in during your projections? Yes they certainly can. The bodies we experience through lucid dreaming and astral projection are capable of feeling both pleasure and pain just like our physical bodies. But the difference is if you break your arm or get stabbed in the physical dimension you're going to have to spend an extended period of time in pain until your wounds heal. In some of these other realms, dimensions, and worlds we experience through astral projection pain doesn't linger as long as it does in the physical dimension. Wounds can be mended much more quickly and easier than they can on Earth. The only other way a shadow-being could harm you would be mentally and for that to happen you would have to allow them to pollute your mind, you would have to embrace not only them but their way of existing and outlooks. As long as you keep your wits and have dealt with your fears accordingly there isn't anything shadow, dark, or negative beings can do to you that appears to last permanently or for an extended period of time. At least nothing that we can actively prevent and if we can't prevent it there's absolutely no reason in worrying about it.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks guys you advice and help has gone a long way, guess im gonna do some hard research first and overcome my fears :) Thanks AE! you have really helped me :)
Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Master

Fear can cause entities to appear. They seem to be attracted to a person when they are afraid. Entities cannot hurt you. If you see entities it is likely that is comes from your mind. I am not saying entities do not exist. If I was afraid I would likely see creepy things. Being afraid is not the only reason to see awful things. When you are in the astral it is very important to keep your emotions calm and at peace. Try to be careful with your thoughts as things can appear. The slightest thing you think of can cause things to happen.The other morning I ap. I was in a room and there was a lot of people outside. I thought I am glad those people are outside. The next thing that happened was a lot of people came into the room where I was. I remember I wanted to see a talking horse. I saw and spoke to a horse but was that real? I do not expect you to answer that.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Pathfinder
ahh so before i try again im going to train my self to be calm and at peace, thank you for your suzy :) much appreciated :) Peace
Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Fear is something we all fall victim to, its part of the conditioning we undergo throughout all stages of our lives.

F = fantasised
E = events
A = appearing
R = real.

I too have returned to studying Astral Projection, and will be watching a few You Tube videos to refresh my mind - I can be awfuly lazy though, which I aim to remedy!

This is a presentation which I am looking forward to watching on You Tube:-

William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

Namaste,

Rev Lenny
Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Pathfinder
Ahhhhh i like the F.E.A.R brake down :)

I will have a look at those videos now, thank you for the share :)

~ Dex

OM ॐ
Old 15-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Knower
Hiya hun...just relax, be calm and always remember that you're in control. If you're not afraid or sending out negative energy, you will not attract negative energy/beings. I found the best way to get past the fear was to feel secure in the knowledge that I had full control as to when my Obe would end...that way I knew if I didnt like something I ran into or got scared for any reason, all I had to do was think of my body and/or take a sharp breath in and the experience would come to an abrupt end...Once you realise that you can be as daring as you like...when you get over excited or really scared you tend to snap back to your physical body anyway.
Relax, enjoy, explore and have fun :) ⭐❤⭐