Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Master

Strictly speaking Honza Christianity is an eastern belief :)
but Sky maybe will decide to convert to Christianity based on her posting here, and be attracted to the faith. who knows lets encourage her to stay and witness the awesomeness
Old 07-10-2018, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes I do. Spiritual Forums is big. You can talk about I AM in many of the sections without being obtrusive. But this section is the Christian section where people come to talk about Christ, God, Salvation, Forgiveness and any number of Christian beliefs. We do not come here to talk about I AM which is strictly an Eastern belief. You know perfectly well that your practices are not Christian yet you insist on bothering us here with your endless ramblings about your Eastern understanding.

Take it to a more relevant section please.

Honza didn't you know that Christianity started in the East ?

The first Christians were essentially all ethnically Jewish , Jesus was a Jew

So you see my " Ramblings " are in the correct place.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Master
I imagion it would be harder God .jesus to tackle the uelieveing masses.Some were shocked that j Russiainform. Killing and war are surely going to be established..mankind itself will look to gain that serious edge and fight each other.
Help
Only God through Jesus help can save the earth from impending doom. Jesus death on the cross was a universal act that includes every. None are left out. The real God governs by his faith. ,love joy mercrcy. And his ways and means ere .astounding.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Honza didn't you know that Christianity started in the East ?

The first Christians were essentially all ethnically Jewish , Jesus was a Jew

So you see my " Ramblings " are in the correct place.

What on earth are you talking about? Jesus was born in the middle east which has nothing to do with India. Connections between the middle east and India were established much later on.

Why pretend you don't know what I mean. Judaism and Christianity are both Abrahamic RELIGIONS. I AM is a *far* eastern spiritual practice. The two are very different.

You don't even believe in God - so what on earth are you talking about?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What on earth are you talking about? Jesus was born in the middle east which has nothing to do with India. Connections between the middle east and India were established much later on.

Why pretend you don't know what I mean. Judaism and Christianity are both Abrahamic RELIGIONS. I AM is a *far* eastern spiritual practice. The two are very different.

You don't even believe in God - so what on earth are you talking about?

Where does " Far Eastern " teach I Am? Please enlighten me.
Who said I don't believe in a God?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Master
Honza
Master
What I have discovered from learning about Eastern mysticism is that there is a universal I which is omnipresent. It really never occurred to me before that "I" could be omnipresent. I was doing my Western mysticism approach and treating I AM with disdain.

It makes sense to me now that the "I" is very holy.

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.

So do you still think of ' I am ' with distain? Seems like it.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Where does " Far Eastern " teach I Am? Please enlighten me.
Who said I don't believe in a God?
If the evangelical people in this forum want to turn this meditation thread into a personal account of being saved, maybe you should just let them. Have you ever met an evangelical person who has ever changed their view on such matters? I haven't.

What I find interesting -- a repeating theme -- is the OP posted something that has to do with taking personal responsibilty and action (meditating as the means of bringing balance). Evangelical people skip past those types of dialogues, and instead talk about how something else is responsible (saved by Jesus, etc). IMO that's the real and authentic point of discussion here, as it is (or should be) in many other threads as well.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Master
For all I know Jesus could be Satan, but the likelihood of Him being an enlightened man like Buddha was or Yogananda was is very slim. The language that Jesus used and the message He conveyed is very different from Far Eastern spirituality.

To 'skim' over the differences between Jesus and enlightened men is very unobservant....

Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What I find interesting -- a repeating theme -- is the OP posted something that has to do with taking personal responsibilty and action (meditating as the means of bringing balance). Evangelical people skip past those types of dialogues, and instead talk about how something else is responsible (saved by Jesus, etc). IMO that's the real and authentic point of discussion here, as it is (or should be) in many other threads as well.

What I find interesting is that there are those who totally frown upon evangelical Christians in a Christian sub forum and try and change all the discussion in that sub forum into a New Age discussion.

Why insist on visiting the Christian section and then be surprised when the conversation turns evangelical? You have masses of other sections of SF where you can talk about enlightenment, meditation, absolute responsibility etc. Why choose the Christian section to do so?

Old 07-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Honza
Master
What I have discovered from learning about Eastern mysticism is that there is a universal I which is omnipresent. It really never occurred to me before that "I" could be omnipresent. I was doing my Western mysticism approach and treating I AM with disdain.

It makes sense to me now that the "I" is very holy.

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.

So do you still think of ' I am ' with distain? Seems like it.

With distain Honza or holy?

Can you point me to the ' I am ' Eastern teachings please.