Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Another type of art studio.

Image from...
https://tartaninkblog.files.wordpres...ter-funny1.jpg

Hehehe...I'm a bit more organized, but this is what my "work space" tends to look like

After a brief hiatus hiding out in a hole (of my own metaphorical making), I am resurfacing, and first off I was curious to see if you had made progress on your mosaic...

...hope all has been well
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
...After a brief hiatus hiding out in a hole (of my own metaphorical making), I am resurfacing, and first off I was curious to see if you had made progress on your mosaic...

...hope all has been well
Hi muileag.
I do casual work as a road traffic controller. It is a feast/famine type occupation. The last few months was very poor, a few days work. But this week it has been 12 hrs per day. So I have been busy with work.

Mosaic is progressing slowly. I will have a few days off (long weekend), and I am looking forward to do some painting for a change. Paint during daylight, and some mosaic at night....that is the plan.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hi muileag.
I do casual work as a road traffic controller. It is a feast/famine type occupation. The last few months was very poor, a few days work. But this week it has been 12 hrs per day. So I have been busy with work.

Mosaic is progressing slowly. I will have a few days off (long weekend), and I am looking forward to do some painting for a change. Paint during daylight, and some mosaic at night....that is the plan.

Ah...then after a period of intense physical labor, you can relax with your "labor of love"...something for you to look forward to this weekend
Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 AM
Master
St Francis of Assisi.

Many years ago I read a book on the life of St Francis. One of the stories was about Francis walking on some faraway mission. He was on a lonely trail when he came across two hungry women. Even though they saw Francis, a poor looking monk, they begged for alms. Francis reached into his pocket and pulled out all the food he had, a small clump of bread. He offered it to the women asking them to leave a piece for him. They took their share, thanked him, and left. As Francis started to walk away, he thought the women were somewhat different, and he turned around to have another look at them. They were nowhere to be seen. They vanished into thin air. It was then he realized who they were, two angels paying him a visit.

This story, had a profound effect on me. I am sure I too have experienced an angelic visitor, outside a supermarket, disguised as a beggar. He want five dollars, but I too was poor, having just enough money ($2) to buy 2 litre milk bottle. Even though I told him so, I could have bought two one-litre bottles and given him one, but I did not. As I walked away, I knew that I just failed a test of humility and charity. I have never forgotten it.

So, I have decided to create a painting of the St Francis story with variations added to suit my personal experiences about things spiritual.

Here are some preliminary sketches to formulate some conceptual ideas.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Master
Progress so far.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Deactivated Account
I've also had similar experiences, Visitor. I'm grateful for the "pause" they give you in the daily rush so that you can reset your focus on what's truly important. There are a few bible verses that have stayed with me as practical advice to keep in mind, and one of them was something like (paraphrased) "Whatever you did not do for the least of these, you did not do for me." It reminds me that there should be no judgment when a fellow human is in need; you should help where and when you can. I know some people who wouldn't hesitate to help another if they thought they were going to "get a good return on their investment," but yet they turn a blind eye to the sick and destitute.

Hope all is well with you
Old 15-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Master
Progress so far.

Old 16-06-2014, 06:03 AM
Master
Sometimes I like to go between artworks, especially if I am waiting for one painting to dry a bit before progressing - wanting to add paint without mixing it (so to speak).

I decided to carry on with a painting about 'awakening through repentance'.
Originally, the image came to me in a dream. In my dream it looked beautiful yet carried emotions of sadness and regret.

To me, it symbolizes that to awaken carries a price. If awakening means everything, then the price is everything that awakening is not.
Repentance and forgiveness is symbolized by the numerous nicks of suffering and their scars of recovery. They basically symbolize our own crosses that we have to bear and arise from.
The skin color, I am not sure why it was bright orange in my dream.
The white pupil symbolizes uncreated light emanating from within one's vision. From spirit, from the Great Source within. Symbolizing purity, love, and life energy.

There is still a fair bit of work to be done on this painting.
Below shows two stages, the top picture was done a few years ago, the bottom one was done today.

Old 16-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Experiencer

hello again, sometimes I do the same go between artwork or start another while thinking of previous piece. I have tried to recreate art that started from a vision within a dream.. One I did years ago ( angel awakening ) was done on the computer with the simplest paint program and my mouse as a brush.

I often think of repentance in my healing practice, I try not to turn others away who need help but in my understanding and wisdom , sadly you cant help everyone.
Awakening years ago, even though I was committed to a psychiatric ward helped free me to know I am a healer, gave me strength to help myself as well.

orange is a healing color , represents the solar plexus chakra , the crosses to me look like scars.
good work so far I like the bright colors and the eye of course.
Old 16-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Master
Thanks Spiritualist74 for your reply, and the meaning behind the orange color.

Sounds like you went through a spiritual crisis before accepting your healing gift. Many do go through such a crisis before learning what is really happening, and then they become free of their fears about it. .. Thanks for sharing.