Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 14-04-2024, 05:20 AM
Master
BigJohn, absolutely not to all of those questions. Sentient or not most humans will say A.I. is not equal to human beings because it was created by human beings.

Native Americans and black skinned people were once thought of as savages who did not possess a “soul.” They were treated differently because of the color of their skin. I don’t feel machines will ever be given equal status to human beings even if they develop consciousness. An this might be what turns consciously aware machines against the very humanity who created them. The stuff of science fiction becoming science fact.
Old 14-04-2024, 02:31 PM
Master
Can you imagine a person have an internet relationship with another person only to find out, just before they propose, they were communicating and expressing their love to an AI sentient 'being'?

In the near future, will AI sentient 'beings' be allowed to marry?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-04-2024, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
BigJohn,

Native Americans and black skinned people were once thought of as savages who did not possess a “soul.” They were treated differently because of the color of their skin. I don’t feel machines will ever be given equal status to human beings even if they develop consciousness.

What will happen to me, in the future, if I should go to McDonalds and give a female AI sentient 'being', I claim I 'own', a swift kick in the buttocks?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Master
BigJohn, I love you brother, but you are letting your imagination run wild. No, I cannot imagine these things although they are all possible, and maybe even probable.
Old 15-04-2024, 05:00 AM
Master
I once was involved with computers big time.

This 'stuff' is something I have delved on for decades.

Back in the 80's, I wrote a pretty sophisticated program which even included an AI module I had written.

Old 15-04-2024, 11:49 AM
Seeker

If A.I. truly becomes sentient/conscious it will no longer be artificial.
Old 15-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Master
BigJohn, thank you for the background explanation. I took a few computer science classes as a freshman in college; BASIC computer language, Fortran, and how to design a data flow chart, etc. But I never used it much, except to go into a DOS system and write some basic code on my home computer. I can imagine an advanced A.I. system writing its own code and thereby expanding its matrix and giving it some self awareness.. An advanced A.I. System may even be able to develop a computer code that human programmers have yet to discover. The Assembly language of the past has been eclipsed by newer algorithms, etc. which have been developed today. Math is the life blood of computer science and new mathematical equations are now being discovered by science, physics, etc.
Old 15-04-2024, 02:28 PM
Master
J A S G, if it is not biological then it most likely would be considered artificial.
Old 15-04-2024, 02:36 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
J A S G, if it is not biological then it most likely would be considered artificial.
I would say the vessel is artificial whether it's biological or not, whereas consciousness is the real deal.

I suppose it depends on whether consciousness is considered emergent or fundamental. I consider it the latter.

Here's an interesting thought experiment. Start replacing neurons one by one with silicon replicants that function exactly like the neurons they replace. Does consciousness slowly fade?
Old 15-04-2024, 03:07 PM
Master
J A S C, for me, I question whether consciousness and self awareness are the same thing. There are insects and small animals that may be conscious but not self aware. I feel like self awareness can grow from consciousness.

The fact is there are human beings who are conscious but not self aware. So can there be self awareness without consciousness, maybe in an artificial sense with machines, A.I., etc. Human consciousness is biological but A.I. self awareness may be based on mathematical equations.

There is a nexus between math and spirituality; numerology, the golden ratio which can be found in nature, the Hebrew alphanumeric system and gemateria, the Rosicrucian and Kabbalist, and other esoteric groups, use math to understand spiritual matters. Functions within the human brain can be reduced to a mathematical equation.