Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
But it's a rather predictable one, lol.
Actually I was making light of your predictable response to august. Pretty much every time a similar topic comes up, you jump in with both feet to rail against men who are only ever looking for a shag. As if women don't use men as well, my goodness. And BTW, your going on and on about how sexist and sex-crazed men are? That's sexist.
Old 22-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
A man who speaks about some high profile women in the entertainment industry dancing in catsuits. You give the appearance that sex is on your brain, and that your gaze and perusal of these women's stage show is somehow revealing of how women really are and what women want.
I read this, and it's clear you are dead set against having any kind of authentic dialogue on this topic. You apparently need to be right. This topic is so close to your heart that you refuse to allow a dissenting opinion get in the way of your truth. And so you willfully ignore the point I am making, and instead turn it around and put it all on me. Like I'm the bad guy for daring to contradict your POV.

Yeah, that's not me up there dancing in my bikini undies. That's WOMEN. That's my point. Women put their sexual stuff out there and jam it in peoples' faces, just like guys do!
Old 22-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I read this, and it's clear you are dead set against having any kind of authentic dialogue on this topic. You apparently need to be right. This topic is so close to your heart that you refuse to allow a dissenting opinion get in the way of your truth. And so you willfully ignore the point I am making, and instead turn it around and put it all on me. Like I'm the bad guy for daring to contradict your POV.

Yeah, that's not me up there dancing in my bikini undies. That's WOMEN. That's my point. Women put their sexual stuff out there and jam it in peoples' faces, just like guys do!

It is all in the noticing and where and how you notice what is there.

This post shows how your noticing, not that it concerns me but when I am aware of what is there and how our own minds interpret the surface nature of life being itself as it is, I tend to notice this. Its part of the conditioned self that I want to bring mention to because I find this post is poorly presenting what is a much deeper relationship to life beyond the surface appearance.

If your own daughter was up there dancing in her undies and she choose this for her path, I wonder how you might approach this topic more mindful and conscious of how others and yourself decide what it all means...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Master
I believe in speaking your truth and sharing your feelings, but when doing so, also considering how it might impact others and their feelings. I also value respect and equality, and yelling and talking down to people do not reflect either of those values - but the opposite. Those actions aren't kind, compassionate, helpful or productive... to me, it sounds like you're trying to rationalize those behaviours as being OK and beneficial to them, when really, it reflects weakness and a loss of control on your part. I think that trying to always talk to others with respect - without condescension and contempt - in a calm and composed voice is much more positive, helpful and effective when communicating and solving issues - peacelovejoy

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi I saw 5

Baile... I'm living right now and I'm speaking about how men view women.
So take a look at your response. It's how a man (you) views women. A man who speaks about some high profile women in the entertainment industry dancing in catsuits. You give the appearance that sex is on your brain, and that your gaze and perusal of these women's stage show is somehow revealing of how women really are and what women want.

Seems a bit ridiculous and hard to take too seriously, but your response basically just underscored what I was saying about how men too often have viewed women through the lens of their own sexual urges and then used that to characterise or even blame women.

Of course, I respect your right to your opinion. But it's a rather predictable one, lol.
With all due respect :)

Peace and blessings,
7L

I wanted to share a story here after reflecting upon your post. I have a friend on fb, she is an extrovert and has for many years showed herself in all types of tight fitting clothes, lack of clothing, very confidently modelling her body and figure in selfies. She doesn't seem to mind the constant remarks placed in her space, takes great pride in her appearance and her inner world as one together. She has a been a wonderful role model for me to look deeper at her ways of being creative and showing herself off, so for years I have allowed her presence be on my page as she is, as she chooses to be. In that times I have come to "See" her for her which has been wonderful. I find now I very rarely look and notice her surface playground that she loves and exposes herself as. I actually find her to be confident, very strong, assertive, mindful, spiritually aware, caring for others and animals, doesn't suffer fools gladly and is building herself a very successful professional career. Oh add to that, she is very inclusive and allows the comments on her page because she doesn't get emotional over it, if anything she puts more poses up of herself to make a statement..lol.

What a beautiful intelligent woman and model of learning she has been for me, to let go of judgment, to understand deeper my own nature and how it views life, how easy it is to stay focused on what she is displaying and not really get to know her beyond that point. All in all, as I mentioned she has shown me some valuable lessons.

Old 22-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I believe in speaking your truth and sharing your feelings, but when doing so, also considering how it might impact others and their feelings. I also value respect and equality, and yelling and talking down to people do not reflect either of those values - but the opposite. Those actions aren't kind, compassionate, helpful or productive... to me, it sounds like you're trying to rationalize those behaviours as being OK and beneficial to them, when really, it reflects weakness and a loss of control on your part. I think that trying to always talk to others with respect - without condescension and contempt - in a calm and composed voice is much more positive, helpful and effective when communicating and solving issues - peacelovejoy

Yup, much the same view (and I suppose in the background is the thought of how taboo-ridden the mating game has become in our "civilised" societies).

There are people and there are sheeple. It's the sheeple who fall for the media-inspired erotic claptrap which is to me entirely theatrical. Seen "from above", the puppets who strut their stuff on stages or mucky mags are fake - yes they're animated, they exist but not in the form the media present them. It's an industry, all part of the economy. Jobs depend on it. But the sheeple fall for it. It's a pretty Baudrillardian thing: who makes these sheeple's reality these days? Not the sheeple themselves, obviously.

Outside that mundane, banal world people are people. The O/P's honesty is to be upheld but he's in a bit of a deluded state - deluded about what it's really about. Evidently hasn't the experience to see the bars to the cage he's shut himself in.

And, yes, the taboo has provoked side-arguments about what should be what; what we'd like things to be...with male responses echoing the atavistic male and females wanting validity in response to being the Cup. It's for them to choose how it's to be filled. There's nothing wrong with display, the erotic or whatever as long as one is aware of their presentation. With such people (reflecting your following post) it's often in defiance of the taboo and far away from the Provocation Industry. I used to think of myself in that way, being ever-so-slightly outgoing sort of thing.......... Occasionally. ....Well, sometimes.........
All part of one's personal vibrational freak-uency.

As I see it....

Old 22-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
And, yes, the taboo has provoked side-arguments about what should be what; what we'd like things to be...with male responses echoing the atavistic male and females wanting civility in response to being the Cup.
And yes, the altruistic females blaming the dirty, sex-crazed Neanderthals for all the world's troubles. And the males wanting, you know, just a bit more honesty and perspective than that.
Old 22-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yup, much the same view (and I suppose in the background is the thought of how taboo-ridden the mating game has become in our "civilised" societies).

There is that too. Tabboo- yoo hoo!

Quote:
There are people and there are sheeple. It's the sheeple who fall for the media-inspired erotic claptrap which is to me entirely theatrical. Seen "from above", the puppets who strut their stuff on stages or mucky mags are fake - yes they're animated, they exist but not in the form the media present them. It's an industry, all part of the economy. Jobs depend on it. But the sheeple fall for it. It's a pretty Baudrillardian thing: who makes these sheeple's reality these days? Not the sheeple themselves, obviously.

So we could call them hard core gamers in their own sheeple-chase game? Maybe they think there is a prize to be taken? A sheeple grin perhaps? Gone are the days of pleasure inspired fun when I got my kicks from a jughead and veronica comic ...(I was a hard core comic book fan just so you know, I lived a sheltered existence for far too long, but at least I kept it simple lol ) Its all an industry uhuh, you are so wise and a real hoot Miss Lorelyen. (have I told you that lately, somewhere, sometime not so long ago? ...me thinks I did) All you say fits the picture. Sheeple, shapes your reality not so sheepishly. I think your a sharp sheepish shepherd who is taking care of her sheeples..not!!!...
Quote:
Outside that mundane, banal world people are people. The O/P's honesty is to be upheld but he's in a bit of a deluded state - deluded about what it's really about. Evidently hasn't the experience to see the bars to the cage he's shut himself in.

A few lines to a song comes to mind reading this. It goes like this..."Look around you, it will astound you" I need say no more. Experience is a good teacher so they say. I haven't learnt everything yet, so I must need more experience, perhaps. Or maybe I could go back to reading my comics ...hey yeah I need to do that, maybe create one of my own..(I got stop thinking of ideas, its doing my head in..lol )
Quote:
And, yes, the taboo has provoked side-arguments about what should be what; what we'd like things to be...with male responses echoing the atavistic male and females wanting validity in response to being the Cup. It's for them to choose how it's to be filled. There's nothing wrong with display, the erotic or whatever as long as one is aware of their presentation. With such people (reflecting your following post) it's often in defiance of the taboo and far away from the Provocation Industry. I used to think of myself in that way, being ever-so-slightly outgoing sort of thing.....Occasionally..... . ....Well, sometimes

People are people, sheeple or not. Fill your own cup to overflowing and keep it there, that way you don't have to notice it's emptying itself out. And yes my friends space is that she is a visually orientated woman who is of extroverted nature, who is a bit of a sensation seeker, but like you mentioned, there is a defiance in her as one which relates to both the taboo and her own background and generational confinement and suppression of the female form...Radical confinement-radical exposure. Good on you Loreleyn for taking a outgoing, occasionally, sometimes defiant sort of thing too.. woo hoo!!
Quote:

All part of one's personal vibrational freak-uency.

As I see it....

I think your frequency is freaking me out a little...your getting scarily out spoken and I am simply astounded..

Old 22-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Master
Natures flow - you seem like a pretty introspective person. I'm surprised you haven't seen the driving force behind all this "self empowerment/self objectification"

Just like men are conditioned to believe they aren't enough unless they have money or power, woman are conditioned to believe they aren't enough unless they have men's attention constantly afirming their looks. That's what drives the selfie craze. It isn't a healthy personality that constantly seeks outside validation. Do you know her well in person? There is usually a stark contrast between social media personality and reality.

The Hollywood thing I think we all know is starlets bodies are just another tool in the tool kit, more attention equals more money and fame so no Baile they aren't doing it because they want to go looking for sex or that is how they commonly off stage present themself . They want what drives them, money and power and know which tricks will get them that effect.

The trickle down to common people selfies and wardrobe choice is the want for the same attention. It's not a statement of how great they are as a person good or bad just conditioning.

The whole thing is unfortunate because everyone is enough and worthy but all the nonsense posturing keeps everyone in the game blind not seeing their and each other's deeper worth.
Old 22-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Master
August- sorry your post got so sidetracked.

To know yourself better go out and experience life, read, develop interests other than just the superficial so you get to know yourself deeper.

If you don't know yourself deeply no one can ever know you deeply, and that is kind of the basis of great relationships. Puzzle pieces that not only fit physically but emotionally and mentally.

If we all stay in the shallow end everyone is sort of interchangeable. Go deep you will find who you are and what you want(other than superficial qualities) in a mate that's where the lasting relationships are you seem to seek.

Feel free to private message there aren't many loo people here. :)
Be well