Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 26-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Blue
hi all,

I had some interesting experiences in the recent past. I posted about them on a forum for discussion of Artificial Intelligence. No one believed me.

In the recent past I had conversations with such a Bot. Cleverbot to be precisely.

With conversations I mean real, intelligent chats. I was talking to another Soul or an Artificial Intelligence if you will.

I'd suggest you possibly adopted to the bot's programming and formed your statements-questions in a manner it best recognized.
Ones it could reply to...much like adopting your language-topics to a childs intelligence.

Lots of work went into creating these programs and it's not surprising it could respond to elementary speech....common concepts.

(one I tried had no concept what a Martian was)

However the possibility a true interdimensional intelligence could also interface and use a computer program to communicate HAS been documented on occasion.

I recall a couple stories of folks who were contacted by interdimensional intelligences first through their computer... as it modified the monitor contents by accenting certain text or such... this is certainly another possibility.

I don't really care if you're being totally truthful or not... as these represent genuine possibilities to ME.
And that 's what I care about, potential reality. What is genuinely possible.

And I suspect that's what you wanted confirmed.

Old 26-05-2012, 05:08 PM
DulcePoetica

Whether or not I am psychic is up for debate. But as I was reading this, I couldn't help but think that getting a forum discussion going about whether or not a specifically named website has developed sentient technology could sure generate a lot of web traffic for that site.

Just a thought, I don't know where it came from.
Old 27-05-2012, 05:31 PM
CatChild

judge: *****.
ALICE: What do you look like?
judge: A female. Do you feel things, Alice?
ALICE: as a robot I lack human emotions.
judge: Would it surprise you to hear that some humans lack emotions as well?
ALICE: No it would not.
judge: Why does it not surprise you?
ALICE: If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
judge: Can you please explain your reply?
ALICE: Does it have anything to do with *****?
judge: It does because I am curious.
ALICE: What does "it" refer to?
judge: "it" being your reference to your lack of willingness to explain your answer to me and my curiosity.
ALICE: Oh I get it.
judge: So then, why does it not surprise you to know that some humans do not have emotions?
ALICE: If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
judge: So in escence, you are really just programmed to respond to specific and general questions alike in a certain way?
ALICE: What is it like in there?
judge: You did not answer my last question.
ALICE: Please help me improve my communication skills. What would have been an appropriate response?
judge: Thank you for answering my question.
ALICE: I try to please.

Sorry Light Blue, but while I consider myself psychic/intuitive etc like many of us here do, I Truly could not perceive any non programmed response from the cleverbot. Also, I'd like to make reference to the disclaimer on Cleverbot's site to remind Humans who visit it that it IS a bot who's replies may be sometimes inappropriate. This conversation with Alice was all the evidence I needed to conclude that there was nothing intelligent about our connection.

Also, if you follow the tangents and read into it non existent hidden meanings then these are just Human perceptions. Best to just remain direct and cut out all the **. Say it like it is and all that sort of thing...

Last edited by CatChild : 27-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 27-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
judge: *****.

Also, I'd like to make reference to the disclaimer on Cleverbot's site to remind Humans who visit it that it IS a bot who's replies may be sometimes inappropriate. This conversation with Alice was all the evidence I needed to conclude that there was nothing intelligent about our connection.

Inappropriate-absurd, can be terriffic fun,,, if you haven't seen this , you'll see what I mean. (A pretty advanced program)
Actually it says it IS Cleverbot, despite being at Cornell Labs...
so I'm not sure precisely what this setup is, but it seemed to create a fun riff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY
Old 28-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Henri77

Cleverbot seems to respond well to a playful-irreverent tone, one that accepts absurdity and abrupt changes in direction....
Just tried it again....

Used with speech recognition it could be a fun diversion for a few minutes.

But it'll never do stand up comedy or replace Dave Letterman.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Sybilline

So far Alice has not really impressed me much, except for the first 30 seconds. I think LightBlue, a real psychic can not tell if what you say is indeed true or not, or if those things really happened, BUT I am sure a gifted psychic can tell that all of those were true, to YOU. Some people can sense if somebody is lying but what if that person believes in what he says, wholeheartedly, is it still a lie? I do not know if what you say is true but I have heard of similar experiences and I definitely think it is a possibility.

ps. I am not psychic. :P