Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-05-2014, 12:18 AM
ArtistElect

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
wouldn't "True Religion" be an oxymoron?

Religion doesn't deal in truths, and facts so much as give guidance on the path of life.

If you ask me, religion is religion. But I say, "True Religion," because people don't seem to make the distinction between religion-proper (Christianity, etc.) and so-called religion ("Christian Science" and other hilarious New Age stuff).

Religion guides - true.

Why does "The Bible" repeat the word "truth," so much if religion "doesn't deal in truths"?
Old 14-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistElect
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?
You can believe what you want!

When you say the word religion around a spiritual only crowd, people think it means something beneath them. They don't understand that religion simply means your spiritual beliefs. So we call those we don't agree with 'religion' and ours we call 'spiritual'. It's just a way to feel superior over different belief systems than our own. But it's all the same, we just like separate ourselves from each other in our minds.

So if you want to people to understand that you're talking about spiritual beliefs, don't say the word 'religion'. Most people understand it's meaning by popular secular opinion. If you want to have a discussion with them about spiritual beliefs (religion), you have to leave out that word.
Old 14-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
The religion I'm referring to leads to the understanding of other individuals, not just knowledge.

Perhaps the basis of all religion ( not Buddhism as Buddhism to me is never was , is not and never will be any form of religion ) is faith and this faith supported by the knowledge of the religion itself ........so with any kind of faith one will never accept or even understand others as long as they had faith ......their faith will divide them from others , their faith will always create differences that they could never accept ..........so in short , faith is the limitation of own exploration .

Awaken to Buddhism concept , one will realized that all living or non-living is same and equal that I same with any human , animal , plant , micro-orgsm , or non-living such as rock , wood , pen , table , dirt etc ........one will realized beyond human culture , beyond knowledge , beyond the concept of right or wrong , beyond true verses false , beyond good verses bad .........such realization is never resulted from emotion but as a reflection of own condition ......I hope to debate with anyone for my own learning process
Old 14-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?

Does this NOT make a difference in society?

Do you think its possible?

And... How far would you be willing to go to put such an idea into action?

What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?

Would you think I was fake? Would you think I was crazy (a "religious zealot")?

Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.

Perhaps this is more of a question for the psychology forums

It was the Sufis who said it best. All beliefs go to God, and God has many names. Religion isn't the problem - God made man, man made religion then man made religion what it is. And you're right about asking the right questions but then not everyone does, often people have the answers before they've asked the questions which is maybe why there is so much conflict between religions.
Old 14-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Every so often there come prophets into the world who know just how to put things right. They accrue followers who, over time, see the potential for power and twist the original teachings to this end. Thereon, the desire to understand other religions stalls. That's why we have three Abrahamic faiths always at loggerheads, each determined to prove the others wrong and heretic.

Quote:
Does this NOT make a difference in society?
It may were in not for the move over the last century or so away from the doctrines of package-deal mass religions which have simply lost credibility.

Quote:
Do you think its possible?
No.

Quote:
And... How far would you be willing to go to put such an idea into action?
Not wanting to sound dismissive I have a path which is always open to expansion and change - a feature that religions fail to offer once they take on orthodoxy.

I would not want to put my spiritual health or development in someone else's hands. Looking at the state of society generally, religions haven't done much good for spiritual health over the past couple of millennia.

Quote:
What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?
You could try. But proof is a strong word. And authenticity needs strong provenance.

Quote:
Would you think I was fake? Would you think I was crazy (a "religious zealot")?
Only if it turned out you couldn't come up with the proof "on the table". You may be crazy - benign craziness is the province of genii.

Quote:
Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.
Asking the right questions of what, though? What are you questioning?

Yes, one needs to ask questions and the right ones are usually those that produce 'meaning' of the subject under review. I've been asking questions on another sub-forum about a proposition, with the aim of trying to understand what it's getting at. Though I'm pretty analytical it has yielded no answers, suggesting that I'm either asking the wrong questions or my questions are awkward and the participants are unable to justify their beliefs - or simply don't know. It could be all waffle but I don't want to dismiss it at that. It's important to question things that may augment ones spirituality, offering new avenues. You can't know if you don't ask. You'd find me asking lots of questions.

Old 14-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
[color="Blue"]Perhaps the basis of all religion ( not Buddhism as Buddhism to me is never was , is not and never will be any form of religion )
You must be a Buddhist! It's really interesting that I seen this exact same belief all over the place. People believe their own religion is not a religion, but everyone else's is. Christians, Buddhists, and New Agers all do this. They see their faith teachings (beliefs) as truth and therefore not just faith like all the others. I guess it's common for people to want to be right and others to be wrong so they can have an identity.
Old 14-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Lorelyen

As before you bundle together all those of individual spiritual inclination into a mass and claim we have a religion in common. It simply isn't the case. If I were to write my Holy Book it would be like no one else's, if only because it might expand or change without notice. As long as people are happy with their progress does it matter? It would be a very unevolved being to think their path was superior to another's. Sure, they may be wiser for many possible reasons but that doesn't signify superiority/inferiority.
Old 14-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Guide

To answer the topic question. No. Believes are uncertain anyway. I prefer knowing. In that realm there is no place for religion.

@Seawolf. Buddhism is indeed not a religion. Its based on universal laws.
Old 14-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
To answer the topic question. No. Believes are uncertain anyway. I prefer knowing. In that realm there is no place for religion.

@Seawolf. Buddhism is indeed not a religion. Its based on universal laws.
Religion gives answers to questions like why are we here, what is the meaning of life? It's all based on faith (not fact), regardless if the religion is Buddhism, New Age, Christianity or anything else. People say they know, but that really means that they are very confident of their religious beliefs. Needing to 'know' is just wanting to feel a sense of control, but I think that can be let go. Religion (spirituality) is even more meaningful when we can let go of needing to know imo.
Old 14-05-2014, 04:38 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
But I say, "True Religion," because people don't seem to make the distinction between religion-proper (Christianity, etc.) and so-called religion ("Christian Science" and other hilarious New Age stuff).

The Path to including (Everyone) will only succeed by doing just that.

We must be free to find our own truths and take our own journey.

Creation is diverse. Diversity is beautiful. We were created diversely--so that we might be afforded the opportunity to learn and embrace unconditional love.

I respect and honor your right to choose your own path and make your own decisions for yourself.

My prayer is that you might learn to do the same for others.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra