Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 06-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
beliefs appear to be mental constructs.
they can indeed be changed.
to be "raised" a particular way is to have had a structure provided that has
allowed a person to communicate and grow into adulthood, at which point
they become responsible for their actions (and the belief structures that
inform them of how to act "properly").
changing or modifying a belief structure is a project of maturity.
it is a mental activity, but the proper guide (in my opinion) for this work
is found in the heart, at the core of being.

Lately, I've been concerned that my life won't change very much from where it is now. My family really made a big impact on how I view success and the world mostly because I'm not as optimistic as other people. Especially my dad he would always mention something negative if anything too good to be true happened. So I feel stuck being caught between what is realistic to setting my expectations too high. Whenever good things happen, I can't help but feel doubt.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper45
Lately, I've been concerned that my life won't change very much from where it is now. My family really made a big impact on how I view success and the world mostly because I'm not as optimistic as other people. Especially my dad he would always mention something negative if anything too good to be true happened. So I feel stuck being caught between what is realistic to setting my expectations too high. Whenever good things happen, I can't help but feel doubt.

as you grow in awareness and experience, you may feel confined by the
mental constructs that you are operating within. at that point you'll need
to do some rearranging. there's no need to fix what ain't broken however,
so if you're comfortable with your current circumstances, just be happy.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretscribe
I don't pretend that this is necessarily an easy thing to accept, but I don't think that there is ever any "bad luck", only things that we don't understand, but still can learn from. Maybe an apparently bad experience is something that seems arbitrary and we might tell ourselves that it shouldn't have come to be in this universe, but that doesn't mean that God has not ordered the world aright. Wayne Dyer once commented that we sometimes in effect tell the universe, "that God's plan doesn't work, and mine does", and that that's an insidious thing to say-- as it is to attribute arbitrary, random, meaningless acts to Him. Source is always good, and always providing us with valuable lessons. If you can't see the lesson, simply make that an object of meditation; ask, What is the lesson in this experience?

Not that I'm trying to overwhelm you with this metaphysical stuff.
In a way, I too believe there is a lesson in every positive, negative, or neutral experience.

But I believe coincidence to be a reality too.

Why can't coincidence be an element of endlessness of posibilities?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Pathfinder
Random thoughts on this subject:

Imagine waking up in the morning and you are mad at the world. From then on, things begin to spiral. You make toast, you don't get it on time and it burns. You go to work, the car doesn't start. You stop for coffee, you spill it all over. I think we have all had similar days like that. The more you focus on how angry and upset you are, the more angry you get. It is much like being a magnet. You draw into your life whatever it is you tend to focus on.

But a person can easily turn that around. When you are determined to choose, and put on the emotions of happiness, peace, joy, kindness. it starts to build on from there. I feel like when you are in the "vortex" or a calm, clear minded state, you are more able to go with the flow.

Another example, ever laughed so hard at something? And the more you tried to laugh, the funnier everything got? The universe does not hear "stop laughing." It only hears "laughter."

It is much like with dieters who focus on what they think they "shouldn't" eat. Honestly, that is the worst thing you can do, because you will usually crave the things that you deny yourself and try hard not to think about. A person is better off concentrating on what they are gaining in terms of a healthy lifestyle, the natural foods, the benefits of energy That really is one of the keys. In all my experience with this, people who focus on the scale and having to hurry up are the ones who have the least success.

If I said to someone "don't think about purple stars" Most likely, they are going to think about purple stars. Perception and beliefs play a HUGE role in the world and how we manifest our reality. Famous quote: What you resist, persists. I think people take it the wrong way and the reason they disregard the LOA is for this reason:

They take it as ALL you have to do is think positive, sit around doing nothing, with no action. When the truth is: if you are thinking positive, visualizing, meditating, living in a state where you feel happy and focusing on joyful things, and reasons to have gratitude, you are more likely to take inspired action to begin with. If I walk into something dreading it, and thinking I HAVE to do this just because someone told me to, what are the chances of it magically becoming a wonderful experience, or me even wanting to practice do it again. Very slim. Walk into it with a different mindset, or do something you really want to do, or are passionate about, watch what happens.

(If you aim at nothing, you are sure to hit it)

People are also afraid if they think positive and believe things are going to work out with the LOA, they will be deeply disappointed when it doesn't. But it all depends how you view a setback to begin with. Is it even a setback at all? I can sit around moping for another two years, or I can look at it as an chance to do something new, a fresh start. Meanwhile, one person is still upset about what didn't work out or what changed, while the other person attracted a new job, relationship, and other wonderful things.

All situations are different, and I am in no way undermining what people go through, nor am I saying we should all just be happy campers all the time. We still need to feel our emotions. But, we don't need to dwell on them and allow them to consume us forever. The key to using the law of attraction: embrace your feelings, listen to your inner knowing, and live in a state of being where you feel most at peace.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie

Imagine waking up in the morning and you are mad at the world. From then on, things begin to spiral. You make toast, you don't get it on time and it burns. You go to work, the car doesn't start. You stop for coffee, you spill it all over. I think we have all had similar days like that. The more you focus on how angry and upset you are, the more angry you get. It is much like being a magnet. You draw into your life whatever it is you tend to focus on.

But a person can easily turn that around. When you are determined to choose, and put on the emotions of happiness, peace, joy, kindness. it starts to build on from there. I feel like when you are in the "vortex" or a calm, clear minded state, you are more able to go with the flow.

Another example, ever laughed so hard at something? And the more you tried to laugh, the funnier everything got? The universe does not hear "stop laughing." It only hears "laughter."

It is much like with dieters who focus on what they think they "shouldn't" eat. Honestly, that is the worst thing you can do, because you will usually crave the things that you deny yourself and try hard not to think about. A person is better off concentrating on what they are gaining in terms of a healthy lifestyle, the natural foods, the benefits of energy That really is one of the keys. In all my experience with this, people who focus on the scale and having to hurry up are the ones who have the least success.

If I said to someone "don't think about purple stars" Most likely, they are going to think about purple stars. Perception and beliefs play a HUGE role in the world and how we manifest our reality. Famous quote: What you resist, persists. I think people take it the wrong way and the reason they disregard the LOA is for this reason:

They take it as ALL you have to do is think positive, sit around doing nothing, with no action. When the truth is: if you are thinking positive, visualizing, meditating, living in a state where you feel happy and focusing on joyful things, and reasons to have gratitude, you are more likely to take inspired action to begin with. If I walk into something dreading it, and thinking I HAVE to do this just because someone told me to, what are the chances of it magically becoming a wonderful experience, or me even wanting to practice do it again. Very slim. Walk into it with a different mindset, or do something you really want to do, or are passionate about, watch what happens.

People are also afraid if they think positive and believe things are going to work out with the LOA, they will be deeply disappointed when it doesn't. But it all depends how you view a setback to begin with. Is it even a setback at all? I can sit around moping for another two years, or I can look at it as an chance to do something new, a fresh start. Meanwhile, one person is still upset about what didn't work out or what changed, while the other person attracted a new job, relationship, and other wonderful things.

All situations are different, and I am in no way undermining what people go through, nor am I saying we should all just be happy campers all the time. We still need to feel our emotions. But, we don't need to dwell on them and allow them to consume us forever. The key to using the law of attraction: embrace your feelings, listen to your inner knowing, and live in a state of being where you feel most at peace.

Great post, enjoyed reading that!

Marry me!
Old 10-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Pathfinder
lol
Old 16-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Newbie ;)

It is something like what you focuses on expands.
Old 18-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie

I agree. We can create self-fulfilling prophecies. And, if we do not "act on our intentions," there can be no fulfillment of those intentions. Reprogramming the mind can definitely inspire motivation to act, but without follow through in apply it practically, the energy flow spends itself.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Pathfinder

Great link. One of the best Explanations on LOA.

I've only come to know of this concept several years ago. My life was crumbling and 8 had nothing to lose. So i delved right in with blind faith. And all I know is without too much questioning is that it works. I do wonder at times about karma because it feels like a manipulation of life.

But mostly... just wanna affirm that it's worked for me.