Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Experiencer
why is it

i have been to many spiritual development groups and i have had to travel far to that particular venue i live in the w midlands and a group i attended was on the other side of London that particular venue is kennsington london id always wanted to go there since my early twenties but this did not happen till some twenty years later as money is scarce. there was nothing in my home town or closer so i had to travel to experience something or nothing. most recently i came across a lady that was doing what we called a spiritual lounge she was very kind and open and did not seem to be ruled by ego she started doing development class i went too several classes then i came across an already practicing psychic lady her card and all. i got to think why do you need to do this if your already a practicing psychic could it be to make up numbers or something else. there also this new open circle, new to me i started going to at an snu event im sure i went there as a kid but the building is newishish the facilitator said were going to try an experiment tonight, staring into a candle to attract spirit but before that started i seemed to be attracted to a lady on the other side of the room my imagination started running wild i could see a white haired elderly lady something kept saying mavis 83 0r 86. i was not interested in the candle starring as it seemed very childish although ive read you can use it too open your spiritual eye chakra. i kept wondering about my mediumship experience in Mosley Birmingham i could have done with a blindfold to confirm it was not my imagination
Old 04-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
i have been to many spiritual development groups and i have had to travel far to that particular venue i live in the w midlands and a group i attended was on the other side of London that particular venue is kennsington london id always wanted to go there since my early twenties but this did not happen till some twenty years later as money is scarce. there was nothing in my home town or closer so i had to travel to experience something or nothing. most recently i came across a lady that was doing what we called a spiritual lounge she was very kind and open and did not seem to be ruled by ego she started doing development class i went too several classes then i came across an already practicing psychic lady her card and all. i got to think why do you need to do this if your already a practicing psychic could it be to make up numbers or something else. there also this new open circle, new to me i started going to at an snu event im sure i went there as a kid but the building is newishish the facilitator said were going to try an experiment tonight, staring into a candle to attract spirit but before that started i seemed to be attracted to a lady on the other side of the room my imagination started running wild i could see a white haired elderly lady something kept saying mavis 83 0r 86. i was not interested in the candle starring as it seemed very childish although ive read you can use it too open your spiritual eye chakra. i kept wondering about my mediumship experience in Mosley Birmingham i could have done with a blindfold to confirm it was not my imagination
Personally, Trataka (and Nadi Shodhana) is what led to my own spiritual awakening many years ago. Now, I can gaze at a candle for hours, feeling that only minutes have passed!

You see my dear, you lack the "follow through" which is required by the practice whenever you become distracted by the mind.

For example, if it were me and after the exercise was completed, I would have approached that white-haired old lady going "excuse me, your name wouldn't happen to be Mavis and you wouldn't happen to be 83 or 86 years old would you?"

After she said "no, my name is Doris, I don't know anybody called Mavis and I am only 76 years young", I would place my unreliable, distracting mind to rest and go back to just staring at the candle...then as soon as any thoughts arise, I would go "sod off! you know I cannot trust you...remember the "Mavis" incident?"

Negating the detrimental attempts of the ego (or the Djinn) by calling it's own bluff is a very powerful tool. When you start questioning every thought you have, then eventually they will all stop...when a thought arises, you say "get lost, I am gazing at this candle flame..so unless the content of the thought is about this candle flame, I just don't want to know..goodbye".

It does take practice and it is boring at first, but you will get the hang of it...it is just like meditation but with open eyes...I love doing it on a pool of water or a tree swaying in the wind...even on the space between two objects...I tend to get totally transfixed by a lava lamp... anyways, enough of that.