Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-06-2019, 04:24 AM
Master
Divine self

Within the spiritual communities at large we and they toss around quite an array of words which we relate as, the divine self.

What in your view is the divine self?

And is it something realised as you? Meaning are you aware and seeing it reflected in the world around you?

Do you see it in part or through you as a whole, reflected mirror?

For myself, I tend to relate to my authentic true nature as perhaps what many relate as the divine self.

By true nature, I mean this as, resting in the emptiness/completeness, aware and moving through my experience, without thoughts of disconnect to my wholeness/complete true nature. I very rarely mention-divine, so I am curious as to its understanding in relation to my own awareness. Of course I understand the spiritual nature in my humanness and what this encompasses and brings to life, for my life experience.

Why do you/they/people use the term divine?

Does it make the spiritual more spiritual?
Old 21-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Within the spiritual communities at large we and they toss around quite an array of words which we relate as, the divine self.

What in your view is the divine self?

I have asked this question my own divine self, when is was around me many years ago. And I was told, it is the purest aspect of my Self outside of Source.
Old 21-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Master

Divine Love. That which is ceaselessly outpouring, all embracing without calculating, judging or hesitating.

Yet divine love has colourations ... ineffable joy transitioning to unending bliss to all encompassing compassion. Moving from reception of the energy, it’s assimilation and then transmission.

Old 21-06-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
In my opinion “Divine Self is just another label used in and attempt to define the indefinable. Labels tend to objectify things
and make it so we can refer to them, but the labels are not those things themselves.

I often use the term “deeper self” to refer to what others might call “divine self.” I experience a one-ness with my deeper
self and there is nothing objective about it. That one-ness overtakes my body, mind, and emotions, when I remove my
objective consciousness out of the way.

If I am to describe it, it is transparent, translucent, brilliant, and is extremely fine to the touch. So fine that to the human
touch it may feel like nothing. Except that it is very sweet, soft, and incredibly comfortable. A confident comfort that I can
trust. It exists in another dimension far removed from the physical.

I see it at work in serendipitous events where I impose little to no effort. Often I am given a prelude, in the form of intuition,
before such events manifest. My deeper being is so graceful, smooth and flowing, and whatever it is involved with has no
jagged edges or stumbles.

I view my deeper being, and not my mind or emotions, as the true driver of my physical body. Indeed, my deeper being keeps
my mind and emotions in check. Every mistake I have had in my life is a lesson which my deeper being was trying to teach me.
There is no way that I can list all of the qualities of my deeper self.

But I feel, I am more my deeper being than any other part of me, as my deeper being has and unparallel purity, accuracy of
knowledge, and strength, that transcends any other part of me. My deeper being is neither a “what” nor a “who” it just is, and
in my opinion, it is connected to regions that my mind will never know, regions that supersede logic, reasoning, thoughts and words.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:46 AM
Master
I tend to have a psychospiritual blockage when it comes to the term "self" and whether this has a small "s" or a capital "S" makes no difference here!

For you see, people, in my deeply conditioned upbringing, any relation to "self" is totally synonymous with personal ego and therefore I just cannot comprehend a "self" as being "Divine" in any way, shape or form and so, I have had to seek my own answers to this which appears to be inclusive of a "totality" independent from a "self" or any differentiated or undifferentiated notion OF it.

Many have tried explaining it to me and I still don't get it..and doubt this is even possible, because I seem to exist on an entirely different wavelength to those using a specific frame of reference in relation to a transcendent reality...but I have reached the conclusion that this is just "me" in every egoic sense of the word.
Old 21-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I tend to have a psychospiritual blockage when it comes to the term "self" and whether this has a small "s" or a capital "S" makes no difference here!

For you see, people, in my deeply conditioned upbringing, any relation to "self" is totally synonymous with personal ego and therefore I just cannot comprehend a "self" as being "Divine" in any way, shape or form and so, I have had to seek my own answers to this which appears to be inclusive of a "totality" independent from a "self" or any differentiated or undifferentiated notion OF it.

Many have tried explaining it to me and I still don't get it..and doubt this is even possible, because I seem to exist on an entirely different wavelength to those using a specific frame of reference in relation to a transcendent reality...but I have reached the conclusion that this is just "me" in every egoic sense of the word.

That is a common dilemma, I think.

You have to experience non-separation or in other words, unity with God, to understand what that means. When you re-unite with the highest absolute, it makes you realise that you were never really separate in the first place. Your individual separateness was entirely a product of your own mind, putting up barriers to protect your own ego. At the highest level, there is no separateness, everything exists in a continuum.
Old 21-06-2019, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
That is a common dilemma, I think.

You have to experience non-separation or in other words, unity with God, to understand what that means. When you re-unite with the highest absolute, it makes you realise that you were never really separate in the first place. Your individual separateness was entirely a product of your own mind, putting up barriers to protect your own ego. At the highest level, there is no separateness, everything exists in a continuum.
I have experienced this, but even when that happened, there was no "self".. nothing distinct from God for any part of "me" to be able to say "I AM That"...just "That alone IS, irrespective of self"..and I guess if the term "God/Source/All" was used instead of "Self", I could then see it... perhaps I am just doing it wrong...
Old 21-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
I have experienced this, but even when that happened, there was no "self".. nothing distinct from God for any part of "me" to be able to say "I AM That"...just "That alone IS, irrespective of self"..and I guess if the term "God/Source/All" was used instead of "Self", I could then see it... perhaps I am just doing it wrong...

Sounds about right. This is why people who experience Unity with God for the first time, tend to develop a God-Complex immediately afterwards. Happened to Gopi Krishna (and he was quite embarrassed about it). Happened to David Icke, when he went around calling himself the Son of God. Happened to me too. I thought I was suddenly all-powerful and invincible. Turned out I wasn't and I came crashing back down to earth.
Old 25-06-2019, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:

Well it makes sense to me through my rebirthing experience. But even as I know what you know, through experience, I still am able to embrace my humanness as a divine self through all this. In saying that, my transcendence beyond this body still exists in the potential future.

For now I’m ascending in s body and it serves my movements, enjoyment of life. I like to be just me doing normal stuff..the awareness and realisations dont take me from me, they just make this me live more consciously aware.
Old 21-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

For myself, I tend to relate to my authentic true nature as perhaps what many relate as the divine self.

Hello,

My understanding is that we have three divine aspects of self. Those being the higher self, the divine subconscious, and our soul.

As immortal spiritual beings our true authentic nature is love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/