Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile Help interpreting this Celtic Cross reading?

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this site but excited to be here and to learn. I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

I want to say that while I have my own idea (and hopes) of what this reading means, I'd absolutely love to hear the interpretations of others. If you actually read all of this, thank you SO much :)

I want to give a little background here. Please understand that these are immense summaries of everything that has happened, lacking tons of detail for the sake of not boring you to death. I just want you to have a general idea

2008: life altering fall out with the person that was my best friend of 5 years. 90% of my friends turned against me. I went into a severe reclusion from people, no longer trusting

2008-the end of 2014: Completely happy as a recluse. No desire for friends. Wouldn't have it any other way. Enjoying my solitude

beginning of 2015: Random urge for friendship again. Don't know where it came from, but suddenly start missing having someone to go out with and do fun things with. Feeling very lonely

Mid 2015 to end of 2015: many attempts to “put myself out there” were made. Hurt by more people from various situations. Lots of “flaker” people. Many white-lie rejections. Depression within me forms

Beginning 2016 to end of 2016: genuine attempts to change my outlook, be more likable while still being true to myself, more attempts at “putting myself out there”, still battling depression and loneliness, having a hard time finding someone who wants to be my friend that I also want to be friends with too

A week ago, I did a month-to-month year long reading with the question being something like “with my current efforts, what will my endeavors to find a good friend for myself be like in 2017?” so that I could assess if I need to yet again change my direction. For March, I got “the lovers” card. The lovers, to me, can mean platonic friendship as much as it can mean a romantic relationship (maybe it's significant to note that I have meditated with each card when I first obtained this deck, and I put a lot of “friendship energy” into the lovers card on purpose). I'm already happily married and not looking for that kind of love anywhere else but from my husband. So having the lovers card show up for march really made me wonder if I'll finally make a compatible friend in March? I'm still learning and I'm still trying to strengthen my intuition, but of course I hope this is the case

So today I did this celtic cross spread with a similar question: “What should I expect in regard to finding a compatible friend in the direction I'm currently going?” This is what I got...

1: three of swords
2: ace of pentacles
3: eight of swords
4: devil
5: page of swords
6: lovers
7: ace of swords
8: knight of swords
9: queen of cups
10: ace of wands

(I realize there are different “orders” in which some read this spread. For me: 4 is the past, 5 is what has come out of 1-4, and 6 is the near future)

So when I flipped the 6th card over and got the lovers card again, I instantly started crying. A week ago, the cards told me i'd make a friend in March. Today, the cards told me i'd make a friend in the near future. I'm so excited and scared at the same time....I don't want to be reading this wrong and set myself up for disappointment. So i'm guarding myself as well.

So with everything I told you about my situation and my question, I would love to hear your interpretations.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:02 AM
Master
Hi there,

I do not really use the Celtic cross spread but here's my interpretation of it.
(Three of swords and ace pentacles ) personal struggles, heart ache, identity struggles to reach objective. ( eight of swords ) burnout, draining energy for you here because of outside sources. Devil could be negative talk around you, and negative people around you and people who are attached to toxic influences. I have the feeling of work, career come up through this as well. Though devil card could be more about people you have been directly in contact with, close people.
( Page of swords) being on guard defense, not healing the wound but being on guard and protecting the vulnerable self here. Rationalizing thoughts.
Lovers could be the potential to find support, harmony and love. This has the most soothing affect on the spread until now. this could be you joining a new community or finding new people/ new connection.
Ace of swords and knight of swords ( Refining a new skill , spiritual gift or finding a new ability and working with it )
Queen of cups, completion and success with something you had undertaken. Successful completion, content and rebalance of energies in your life,
Ace of wands, a break through for you here.

this spread here looks to me like there has been hassles in the past, maybe dealing with sensitivity and the opposition of others, toxic influences outside in the past that you needed to learn to face and guard yourself against.
The future looks good, and feels like there is another end of the of the scale here in terms of good coming because the cards look like you can rise above all your problems and already have.
so the spread has much hopes for better times ahead.

Happy new year

Brightest blessings
Old 01-01-2017, 02:13 AM
55Degrees

I'll give it a go,

The situation/heart of the matter
1: 3 of swords
2: Ace of pentacles
These two cards suggest that there is still some hurt from the broken friendship that needs addressing (3 of Swords), however you are are trying to trust people again (Ace of Pents)

True feelings
3: 8 of swords
This shows the isolation you have been feeling, you know you can get out of it but you still have the fear you'll be hurt again

Past
4: Devil
This shows the (bad) influence your ex-friend played in your life and the level of control she had over the other friends within the group. It seems like it may have been a friendship on her terms.

Alternative future
5: Page of Swords.
This can be an indication of depression lifting, it's also telling you to just meet things face on, don't be discouraged.

Future
6: Lovers
Someone who embodies you, this can be like a soul sister. This is the card of Gemini, the twins so you're right this is not always about 'true love' in the romantic sense.

How you see yourself
7: Ace of Swords
A very honest person, someone who appreciates honesty.

How others see you
8: Knight of Swords
You're talkative enough and talk sense, however, you may come off as cold or aloof, maybe because you are still quite guarded (back to the 3 of Swords)

Guidance
9: Queen of Cups
Be more of the listener. Where you can, empathise with people.

Outcome
10: Ace of Wands
New found confidence. Ace of Wands always suggests to me to go for it 100%

Overall, it looks fairly positive, although this previous friendship has left it's mark. Given that half the cards were Swords, it tends to suggest there are still issues that need working on, but if you keep trying it looks as though you will find a lasting friendship with someone you can trust.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I'll give it a go,

The situation/heart of the matter
1: 3 of swords
2: Ace of pentacles
These two cards suggest that there is still some hurt from the broken friendship that needs addressing (3 of Swords), however you are are trying to trust people again (Ace of Pents)

True feelings
3: 8 of swords
This shows the isolation you have been feeling, you know you can get out of it but you still have the fear you'll be hurt again

Past
4: Devil
This shows the (bad) influence your ex-friend played in your life and the level of control she had over the other friends within the group. It seems like it may have been a friendship on her terms.

Alternative future
5: Page of Swords.
This can be an indication of depression lifting, it's also telling you to just meet things face on, don't be discouraged.

Future
6: Lovers
Someone who embodies you, this can be like a soul sister. This is the card of Gemini, the twins so you're right this is not always about 'true love' in the romantic sense.

How you see yourself
7: Ace of Swords
A very honest person, someone who appreciates honesty.

How others see you
8: Knight of Swords
You're talkative enough and talk sense, however, you may come off as cold or aloof, maybe because you are still quite guarded (back to the 3 of Swords)

Guidance
9: Queen of Cups
Be more of the listener. Where you can, empathise with people.

Outcome
10: Ace of Wands
New found confidence. Ace of Wands always suggests to me to go for it 100%

Overall, it looks fairly positive, although this previous friendship has left it's mark. Given that half the cards were Swords, it tends to suggest there are still issues that need working on, but if you keep trying it looks as though you will find a lasting friendship with someone you can trust.
thank you!

yeah, when I saw all those swords i was like dang....haha!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Hi there,

I do not really use the Celtic cross spread but here's my interpretation of it.
(Three of swords and ace pentacles ) personal struggles, heart ache, identity struggles to reach objective. ( eight of swords ) burnout, draining energy for you here because of outside sources. Devil could be negative talk around you, and negative people around you and people who are attached to toxic influences. I have the feeling of work, career come up through this as well. Though devil card could be more about people you have been directly in contact with, close people.
( Page of swords) being on guard defense, not healing the wound but being on guard and protecting the vulnerable self here. Rationalizing thoughts.
Lovers could be the potential to find support, harmony and love. This has the most soothing affect on the spread until now. this could be you joining a new community or finding new people/ new connection.
Ace of swords and knight of swords ( Refining a new skill , spiritual gift or finding a new ability and working with it )
Queen of cups, completion and success with something you had undertaken. Successful completion, content and rebalance of energies in your life,
Ace of wands, a break through for you here.

this spread here looks to me like there has been hassles in the past, maybe dealing with sensitivity and the opposition of others, toxic influences outside in the past that you needed to learn to face and guard yourself against.
The future looks good, and feels like there is another end of the of the scale here in terms of good coming because the cards look like you can rise above all your problems and already have.
so the spread has much hopes for better times ahead.

Happy new year

Brightest blessings
thank you!
Old 01-01-2017, 05:13 AM
Ascender
Hello TW, that certainly is an impressive deck, and a very dynamic spread.

I would say the spread is generally positive, although with so many Swords (12 in total) the balance of all suits represented is glaringly fragile.

My initial impression is in the relationship between fire and ice. These two extremes seem to sum up your current situation. On the one hand, you can sit and wait for the ice to melt allowing the waters to bring the answer to you, (Queen of Cups). Or on the other hand accept there much work still to do, (Knight of Swords). However, the Knight tells us there has already been much good work done. Hence a dilemma. This signifies to me, Temperance. (The process by which a Sword is made). Will that card deem to make an appearance in future spreads?!

If you were to choose which path to take in order to reach your goal, imagine if you will a line drawn from the Ace of Wands to the Devil. It must therefore pass through the domain of the Page of Swords. This might look like the quickest and least obstructive route, however, intuition decrees deception and much misunderstanding lying in wait.
The other path, from the Ace of Swords through the domain of the Eight of Swords (9 in total), may not be as adverse as one might expect. Like Dorothy on the road to Oz, the Devil may well turn out to be the Magician in disguise.

ta-ra for now

Last edited by Kine Lea : 01-01-2017 at 06:39 AM.