Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Please help with this reading?

I'm completely new to tarot and I've been experimenting with it

I asked the question "what is the purpose of my life?" and I got death, 5 of cups, three of swords with the page of cups as the underlying theme

Is it telling me that I should use my suffering for creative outlet? It's true that I'm severely miserable but I didn't want my whole life to revolve around depressive things, there's only so much of that I can take
Old 02-02-2016, 01:52 PM
55Degrees

I think your question may have been a bit too vague.
The purpose of every bodies life is to undergo constant change, learn to deal with pain and loss and seek answers.

You may get a more specific answer by re-phrasing the question. You could try
What lessons do I need to learn from this life, or
What is my Soul's purpose, or
How can I move forward from this feeling of unhappiness to a more creative and fulfilling life.

Tarot can sometimes reflect back to us our thoughts and if you are feeling unsatisfied or unhappy, then sometimes that's exactly what the cards will show you.

You can always post the cards you draw here to get some help on them.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Ok, thanks

Well I'm always getting negative readings, for example I asked "what is the rest of my life going to be like", I got:

5 cups
5 pentacles
the hermit

With the 9 of wands being the underlying theme

Not a very bright forecast
Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Master
What Pisces said rings true for me too--if you're in a negative state of mind, you're going to wind up drawing less than encouraging cards. I've had it happen to me multiple times.

And vice-versa.

Perhaps you could ask something like: "What could I work on to improve myself as a person?" See what comes up. :)
Old 02-02-2016, 03:22 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyblossoms
Ok, thanks

Well I'm always getting negative readings, for example I asked "what is the rest of my life going to be like", I got:

5 cups
5 pentacles
the hermit

With the 9 of wands being the underlying theme

Not a very bright forecast

You see I don't see that as a negative reading, I see it as challenges, and 3 cards cannot give you a full picture of your entire life, only snapshots. These may be the challenges or blocks that are the most important to deal with at this moment

What is the rest of my life going to be like ?
5's are always challenging, they come when one becomes too comfortable with the stability of the 4's which could lead to stagnation.
The challenge of the 5 of Cups asks, why are you focussing on the regrets of the past, why are you not seeing the good things that are there? If you turn your perspective around you would see there are still many good things in life (you still have 2 cups ) it may not be everything you once had, but it's there all the same. It's a lesson on seeing the blessings in life.

5 of Coins, (if you're using RWS) shows a couple so busy battling the blizzard, they fail to see the lit up church. If you feel that current circumstances are a 'battle' you may be missing the support and comfort of what you aren't seeing. Instead of putting your head down and focusing on just getting through the blizzard, take some time to focus on what is around you that may be able to offer some form of safe haven. The lesson being, you are never really alone, if you look around, there is always someone or something that can help.

Hermit suggests that a time will come when reflecting on the past leads to some insight about yourself and the world in general. It isn't about being lonely, the Hermit actively seeks his solitude, it's about chosen time to be with yourself. It's a time for reflection, learning, gaining wisdom and working out how to utilise it before going back out into the world.

As a shadow card the 9 of Wands is good, it shows past difficulties have been fought and won and that even though you feel pretty miserable at the moment, you still have fight left in you. You are ready to take on whatever comes (even if you believe you aren't) it's about resilience and keeping hold of the fire that makes us alive.

So not really negative at all, it's about learning, coping and living life through all its ups and downs.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the interpretation pisces. I'm not in any battle or going through any hardship, I have support in the form of friends if I need it, but I'm still severely depressed over things I can't change and for which no substitutes can ever be found, hence the five of cups.

I've spent most of my life in solitude and reflecting on my life, but I don't want to stay in seclusion any more.

Shinsoo, for "What could I work on to improve myself as a person?" I got the page of pentacles, the heirophant, the six of swords and the six of pentacles.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
Hello' luckyblossoms:

It would be quite easy to perceive that part of your primary purpose here in this particular timeline/lifetime would be to make “Permanent transformations ( Death) and changes in your personality regarding SELF-REJECTION ( 5 cups) and that this life pattern, this mental conditioning ( 3 swords ) can finally be released/resolved and brought into that higher state of emotional clarity, openness, self-acceptance and higher evolvement ( page of cups ) .

But, rather than offer you this type of direct answer, which offers you only an outside answer, I would prefer to offer you a deeper look into the 'mechanics' of 'how' these things happen or take place. And so let's begin, each emotion that you create is a communication in the moment. It is expressing a message to you concerning what you are creating in that moment.

And in recognizing that, coupled with the recognition that your thoughts are not designed to override that communication and that your thoughts are not a communication ... but rather, they are a mechanism, a tool to be translating and defining the message of the emotion and of other avenues of communication.

And this is the movement that you are creating in the present NOW. First of all, allow yourself to be aware of self. And as you are being mindful self, you allow yourself the redefinition of the action itself, as not a reaction but as a communication, utilizing your thought process in its natural design and function to be paying attention to that communication and allowing the translation and the definition, paying attention to self in the moment.

As you utilize all of these actions together, you shall offer yourself different information, for you block the reception of the message merely by defining that the emotion is a reaction. Therefore, promoting the thought to be defining the emotion, you create a different direction. You offer yourself merely the identification of the signal.

Now, as you project an emotion of sadness, and your definition of the emotion is a reaction, your thought process is merely being required to define the signal. Therefore, it defines the signal. You identify in one term, sadness, and you do not seek a translation any further, for there is no message, for it is not a communication. It is a reaction. But it is NOT a reaction. It IS a communication.

Therefore, as you acknowledge the signal, as you identify the signal and define that, you also move into a recognition that that is merely the signal, and the emotion is expressing a message, a communication concerning what you are actually creating in that moment.

In allowing yourself to pay attention to your communications that you offer to yourself, you define what you are actually creating in each moment. The creation itself, although familiar and physical and objective, is in actuality less clear and more abstract than the communication that you offer to yourself.

But you associate in the reverse. Your attention moves in the association of physical expressions, and as you are presenting yourself with physical expressions and paying attention to those physical creations, you utilize an association that this is clear.

Now, physical imagery is continuously altering. It is continuously changing. You create physical imagery, and alter this moment by moment. At times, you create repetition in your choice to be creating physical imagery.

This is the abstract aspect of your reality....a physical manipulation of energy. This is the reason that you manifest within this physical dimension, to explore and experiment, experiencing the manipulation of physical energy and manifestations, and how you may be projecting your expression of consciousness into a physical arena.

You have created definitions concerning your reality and in this shift in consciousness, you are changing. You are altering and redefining your reality, and you begin that redefinition of your reality by redefining the terms of it.

And, what appears strongly in your energy patterns is that you are creating a new reality in this physical dimension, and one of the actions in that new reality is dropping the veil of separation, promoting the lack of separation.
Therefore, in understanding the Tarot, one first needs to understand the function of emotion and that emotion is a communication. The function of all of your senses, inner and outer senses, is communication. The function of impulses and impressions is communication. It is an intricate expression of your being in this physical reality/dimension.

Also, I may express to you encouragement that you practice more relaxation and FUN in your explorations of Tarot, and not focus on the ego or thinking, musing, contemplating or other forms of mental distraction. And to focus more on a carefree, open, relaxed and OBSERVING form of focus & concentration, as this is the key to 'reading others' energy patterns/consciousness.

I wish you well in your inner explorations of self, my friend.

The Taoist