Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Kangarus

Dealing with past life memories of wars or other conflicts...

Dredging up past lives can be enlightening, other times it can be distressing. Given the scope of wars throughout human history I'm sure that at least some of us all have a past life to do with a war of some sort, or memories of disturbing imagery from past lives.

For any of you who have experienced that, how do you deal with that if it ever comes up?
Old 26-07-2013, 07:27 PM
CJ82Sky

i deal with it the way i would deal with anything - try to understand the lesson and the meaning therein, and learn from it. take from each experience the learning and move forward. if you dwell on the horror in the world, all you will see is horror. it's through that horror, that light still shines, and in learning what we do to progress, we can see more and more of that light. everything is a matter of perspective.

i've lived through some horrible things. i've done some horrible things. i've died in horrible ways. but that's not all i've experienced. i've also had some wonderful experiences, and some amazing ones, and from every single experience positive or negative, i've (tried to) learn something.

if all you see is that moment, that issue, that horror, chances are you still have issues to process from and/or around that event(s). once you do, you will be able to see things from a place of peace and acceptance and understanding and move forward.
Old 26-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Pathfinder

I don't really feel like it troubles me. I have died in Vietnam, and although I remember the way I died, I don't really have any nightmares or scary memories. I actually only dream about shooting people a lot or people trying to kill me (just randomly.. really weird, but not scary), and the first time I went to a shooting range at age 14, I was better than almost all the adults with every gun.

I also don't know what I should've learned from that life, but maybe that's because I don't remember too much of it.
Old 27-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Kangarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMeganV
I don't really feel like it troubles me. I have died in Vietnam, and although I remember the way I died, I don't really have any nightmares or scary memories. I actually only dream about shooting people a lot or people trying to kill me (just randomly.. really weird, but not scary), and the first time I went to a shooting range at age 14, I was better than almost all the adults with every gun.

I also don't know what I should've learned from that life, but maybe that's because I don't remember too much of it.

I've had some recollections of lives where I've been fighting in wars - probably many more than I could recall at once as I'm often drawn to military regalia from different points of history. I have the odd occasion where I meet people in this lifetime who I have no reason to know them, but somehow we end up talking as if we were old friends. I believe that many of them were in fact former comrades from my previous incarnations, and a few of them were other roles. In my current incarnation I am an Australian male of mostly Germanic descent, aged 26 as of time of writing. I have had peaceful incarnations relatively speaking, one of them was as a young woman on a flower farm in the Netherlands, and another was as a fisherman somewhere in the Atlantic, maybe near the Isle of Man - I'm not particularly sure.

I do have a feeling that there were quite a few lives where I was a gallant soldier, and that those lives spent fighting, whether on the field or otherwise against injustices or even just keeping the wolf from the door, have to do with a particular lifetime where I was an extremely evil man with very evil deeds in war - I get the strong feeling of a heavy horse and that I was extremely quick to temper (which I have had in this lifetime as well), but I don't remember much of that lifetime, and what attempts I do make me feel disgusted - but that the particular evil-aligned lifetime I mentioned was important in my karma and in other's somehow. I get the impression he wasn't evil to begin with but he basically was an example of the old saw, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". I don't know exactly.