Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 27-06-2013, 02:20 AM
mnrjpf99

Is a past life soul "timeless" as a ghost soul is?

Is a past life soul "timeless" as a ghost soul is?
I know that a "ghost"doesn't have a sense of time. I wonder is if that is also the case with a past life soul because when I look at pics of my past life, it feels as if they were in present time.
I also know that a "ghost" so to speak doesn't realize they are dead. Could that be the same case with past life soul?
Old 27-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Master

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by a ghost soul and a past life soul - can you explain please.

Time isn't the same on the 'other side' but I think that spirits are aware of how time is perceived over on this side.

How can you look at pictures of your past life?

Most spirits (or ghosts) realize that they are not living in this physical world anymore. It's usually only when one suffers a trauma at the time of death, such a vehicle accident e.g. that sometimes someone doesn't realize that they've passed on.

Jenny Crow
Old 27-06-2013, 03:12 PM
mnrjpf99

Some souls as a ghost don't realize they are dead. What I am asking, is it somewhat the same case with an incarnated soul?
Old 27-06-2013, 08:44 PM
AnnieeBubble

I'm curious - how did you see pictures of your past life?

And I think all souls are the same thing, so timeless, no matter if they're a 'ghost soul' or 'past life soul' :)
Old 27-06-2013, 08:52 PM
mnrjpf99

The picture thing I kind is a long story that I am not sure I want to share.
That was my thought body. Thanks for your input.too. A soul is a soul weather in or out of a b
Old 28-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrjpf99
Some souls as a ghost don't realize they are dead. What I am asking, is it somewhat the same case with an incarnated soul?

Yes, some souls, don't realize that the physical body they had been inhabiting has died, however, that's quite rare. But how can it be the same case with an incarnated soul - an incarnated soul means that the soul is inhabiting a physical body and experiencing a life.

And I'm sorry to say there's no such thing as a 'thought' body.

Jenny Crow
Old 28-06-2013, 02:27 PM
mnrjpf99

Lol. I have no idea why I wrote "thought body". but it is very true. there is no such thing as a "Thought body".
What I mean is does the past life soul, realize there original body has died?
Old 28-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Master
Hmmm, kinda a confusing question, but maybe I can offer some words?

The soul has many different bodies throughout it's expereince, each a vehicle for
learning and experiencing this particular planet and the human experience. The soul when coming into density remembers some of what it really is, but gets trained to be a human being and slowly forgets that it is an eternal spirit. Except for a few rare cases, we all come to believe we are only a human.
As we move towards awakening we start getting clues we are more than human and explore that - or have a spontaneous awakening and discover all at once we've been in dream state for a very long time. lol

When we make room in our human experience for our eternal aspect (Spirit/Soul) we begin to tap it's abilities and knowledge and can see pictures through what many call the Ashkaic Records of other times we've come into a body also (other lives). There's many many ways to see pictures and short 'video clips of past -lives, too may to mention, but all are accessed by suspending thought and increasing awareness and vibration. (seeing through Spirit's eyes).

For people very locked into the dream/illusion that they are ONLY a human and the mind and body, death can be confusing because while mind and body have ceased awareness still exists and perhaps the person didn't have a belief system that allowed for the continuing of existence so they don't have a concept to move 'up', or look for the Light or tunnel.
Spirits also get held here by others longing and love love for them and can't bring themselves to move away from the earth plane and leave their loved one's who grieve them.
Others die suddenly and don't know their body/mind has ceased to function, so they linger unsure what they are supposed to do now.
Other get as high as the astral level and think they've 'arrived' and spend a lot of time there until someone comes along and helps them to realize they can keep going onward.
There's a lot of beings who specialize in helping souls continue onwards, these beings can be currently in human form or working from the other side of the veil.
Most spirits don't have a problem remembering what they really are when the body and mind cease functioning and know where to head, some are met by Guides, relatives or Angels and assisted onwards also.

Ghost, Soul and Spirit are different words to describe the same thing as far as I know. It's Consciousness not in a body currently.
"Time" is a human belief system, we made it up to organize things here on the planet in a tidy way for a variety of reasons and it is useful 'here'.

Once we are in spirit form with no awareness of the body, be it not currently in a body or transcending the body through meditation or altered awareness 'time' is irrelevant - there is no sense of time.
Now whether that is because all 'time' is NOW or because for spirits 'time' is as meaningless of a concept as 'gjekkldfdjing' I'm not sure to be honest. But everything is experienced by spirit as Now.

Hope that helps you.
Old 28-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Master
ill throw my 2 cents in, though it may pretty much echo much of what Crystalsong said...here goes...Soul is eternal, and has no sense of time, as It exists above and beyond time altogether...when It comes to incarnate in the physical plane, it picks up a more coarse body on each of the lower planes, those being basically the mental (which in itself is divided into at least 3 layers) the astral and finally the physical, so, there is a mental body (not certain if that is what you meant by thought body or not, but it certainly does exist) and this body exists on the mental level, as well as the etheric (as i call it) which is the subconscious level, and therefore is part of the mental area...now the lower mental area i call the causal plane, and it is basically the area of memory, and it is here that the Akashic records are, and there is a body on this plane as well and it is called in Hinduism the Karan Sharir (seed body) then continuing there is also the Astral body which many call a ghost and which is also mistaken for being the Soul, but it isnt...on the concept of ghosts, there are often considered to be 2 sorts, one being a residual which is not intelligent and is more of a playback residue than an actual spirit, and it is this i believe that you are calling a ghost, as in a being that isnt at all self aware...then there are actual living spirits (bodies with consciousness that are existing on an inner plane, but without a physical self) that can hang around and sometimes show themselves to those with the eye to see them, however, these also are not Soul....Soul, existing beyond matter, energy, space and time is always in the here and now, as there really is no other way for It to be, as those are aspects of existence here on these lower worlds....i hope that helps you some...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi