Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Question Genisus 1

How can there be water when Genesis 2 | Lumina
lumina.bible.org/bible/Genesis+2Cached

1 In the beginning 1 God 2 created 3 the heavens and the earth. 4 . 2 Now 5 the earth 6 was without shape and empty, 7 and darkness 8 was over the surface of the ... how can there be water if the Earth has no shape are form?
Paul
Old 29-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Ascender

You cannot think of this in the same water you know; it is an element of qualities much like water..

That is, water on earth is like that water of creation; if we study the properties of water we can come to better understand the qualities of creation-- It can be pointed out somewhat by the statement "A fish does not know its in water"-- This is something like, you do not know you are in water--

This goes deeper, but I can't really point to how I see it.. as it goes into dimensions of existence that I cannot really point to so directly, I can only hint at it--
Old 29-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Question Interpretation

Water is from the bottom of the river lake or ocean, to the top of the ocean, In space, how would you interpretate the word deep? Paul
Old 29-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one
Water is from the bottom of the river lake or ocean, to the top of the ocean, In space, how would you interpretate the word deep? Paul

I might say deep is expansive?

Personally, if I want to see more interpretations of what is really meant by a word, I look at how it evolved by looking up its etymology--

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?...0&search=water
Old 31-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one
How can there be water when Genesis 2 | Lumina
lumina.bible.org/bible/Genesis+2Cached

1 In the beginning 1 God 2 created 3 the heavens and the earth. 4 . 2 Now 5 the earth 6 was without shape and empty, 7 and darkness 8 was over the surface of the ... how can there be water if the Earth has no shape are form?
Paul

The earth could be seen simply as being water planet at first. Maybe they believed it was possible having no understanding of science. This was during their time and apparently other cultures at that time saw water was first to. I think it actually tries to explain water, how it arose and where it came from. Water was there on day 1.

When it says no shape and empty, I think it meant empty of life. And without shape, which is familiar occurred later when the waters are collected and the sky (vault) is made and water is separated from waters which is to become rain, but not just yet, but the land is let to appear. In the version of Genesis I've read, the word "let" is used and let implies it was underneath the water and so the earth begins to take shape out of chaos of water.

I'm just seeing water as water. I doubt there was any science involved here. Everything that could be thought of as existing was explained with an old eye. It's what they and others thought possible.
Old 31-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Suspended

the bible isnt the word of god... its written by PEOPLE. you must be able to grasp this or else it is hopless for you to understand anything, sry for being so rude.

my theory of this is that when someone is born, a concious being, prior to being alive in what we call being a human, you are without form, you are just existence without anything. That is my interpretation of it.

the animals being made on what every day and the stars on what ever day is all just fluff filler.

i know one thing for sure that the bible is not word for word accurate. it is only someone 2k years ago trying to explain something they most likley did not fully understand to the best of their abilities.