Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Horned god is Baphomet btw Baphomet is not the devil so please none of that he is a fertility god nothing more. We as witches even call him old Horney. you figure it out LOL
The Baphomet is not a true pre-Christian deity. He was created by occultist's of the Victorian and Romantic periods and used stereotypical devil/pagan god imagery, and used the name as a throw back to the supposed pagan god worshiped by the Templer Knights when the King of France decided to paint them as heretics to remove them from power.

Quote:
horned god predates christianity
Horned gods predate Christianity, but not an all encompassing God of nature who is horned. The Duotheistic Horned God of Wiccan theology is a mostly modern invention.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
It could be he was just passing thru... portal to portal, as it were.
You may very well be right, I just thought it was an amazing experience and wanted to share it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
3 years ago i had an experience that matches yours in many ways:

Half a sleep I felt something pulling my hand I were laying in my bed on my back, I don’t know why I woke up, but I became aware that it were quiet and as if time stood still. I immediately closed my eyes to focus on my surrounding and became aware that there were something big floating in front of me and before I could act I were forced around on my back. My arms were forced out and I felt two really strong hands with nails holding me down. At first I tried to resist but I felt his chest on my back and I could hear him breath heavily while I felt his teeth on the back of my head. I stopped resisting and closed my eyes and told myself there is nothing to fear. Then I stated to gather white energy and prayed to Jesus.. Suddenly everything became white around me for two seconds and then I could act freely.
This experience could have been a dream but hours after this episode I still could feel his teeth on the back of my head and his strong hands around me wrist.

I learned many things by experiencing this and I for that I am grateful

Yours

A peaceful mind.

Baphomet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet
It's interesting that we had similar experiences, though it my case he didn't touch me, and thanks for sharing with me! Though I was talking about the aspects of the horned god that Norseman listed on the first page, perhaps that's why our experiences were different.

I used to Fly.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
You may very well be right, I just thought it was an amazing experience and wanted to share it. :)

It's interesting that we had similar experiences, though it my case he didn't touch me, and thanks for sharing with me! Though I was talking about the aspects of the horned god that Norseman listed on the first page, perhaps that's why our experiences were different.

Our experiences were different, because we had different things to learn by the experience. It took me some time to understand what I had to learn from this.

Well I felt that it could be great for you to know that others were having experiences just like you.

Before I wander off / I hope that you see this experience as a blessing, something special, because that’s what you are :O)

Prayers of peace and love from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
Our experiences were different, because we had different things to learn by the experience. It took me some time to understand what I had to learn from this.

Well I felt that it could be great for you to know that others were having experiences just like you.

Before I wander off / I hope that you see this experience as a blessing, something special, because that’s what you are :O)

Prayers of peace and love from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind.
Of course, to be visited by the horned god is definitely special, and thank you, I was hoping someone else might have experienced something similar. Thank you, love and light always. :)

I used to Fly.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
The Baphomet is not a true pre-Christian deity. He was created by occultist's of the Victorian and Romantic periods and used stereotypical devil/pagan god imagery, and used the name as a throw back to the supposed pagan god worshiped by the Templer Knights when the King of France decided to paint them as heretics to remove them from power.

Horned gods predate Christianity, but not an all encompassing God of nature who is horned. The Duotheistic Horned God of Wiccan theology is a mostly modern invention.
yeah but when Anton Levay used it in the Satanic Church it opened a can of worms most christians see Baphomet and see the devil. thats why I brought it up incase someone stubled in and said Horned God is the Devil you would be suprised how many people think he is.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Curiosity672

I've seen him before..but only in an odd dream.

It started with me standing barefoot in a snowy forest and I could see all these "pilgrim" looking people walk towards a small wooden house. I went inside and saw him, sitting on an alter and carving soap. He had a curiously friendly demeanor, but at the time I deeply involved with Christianity. So I panicked and woke myself up instantly. But always wondered why he didn't hurt me or even seem threatening. Considering that he wasn't the devil at all shows that dream in a whole new light. : )
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Occultist

Yes he predates Christianity he was even worshipped by the Egyptians Khnum.
Other names is
Cernunnos, The Celtic God of fertility, animals and the underworld.
Herne The Hunter, a specter of Britain.
Pan the Greek god of the woodlands,
Janus the Roman god of good beings.
Tammuz and Damuzi, the son, lover and consorts to Ishtar and Inanna.
Osiris, the Egyptian Lord of the underworld.
Dionysus, the Greek god of vegetation and vine.
The Green Man, the lord of vegetation and the woodlands.
Baphomet God of fertility and renewal.
and Norseman is correct his image is something different to everyone. But Horned God is still predating Christianity.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Master
Hi Occultist
I would tend to take out The Green Man from the list.

Kernunnos/Herne etc - the masculine spirit of wild nature
The Green Man - the vegetation spirit of primal nature

"Horned" figures have been found in neolithic cave paintings making this god one of the earliest and so longest-lasting.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Occultist

I agree Norse although some people I know think there interchangable.
I do not and 100% agree but there are some who think he is nature like Jack of the Green, I have even seen some art work where the Greenman has horns but the leaf face also. Thank you again my sweet friend Norse for pointing these out to me. /hugs
Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Master
Concerning "Pan", and, the depictions and images of, "The Dragon", as well as "The Serpent", as in The Garden" involving scripture...

Consider an inate situation in evolved humanity, and this organic human nature:

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

However, all evidence from various direction indicates that we are more and other than, "This".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein