Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-01-2022, 07:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
When our heart is open,
Our true self shines through.
Yes indeed thanks for sharing. Living more immediately in the heart's
presence brings relief from the 'given' survival instincts we share which
human's have to some extent turned into a circus and the clowns often
ain't that funny either ! Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-01-2022, 07:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Is love the path to Self or Self the path to love. If in fact Self is without a second what does that say about love? About Self?
They are one and the same thing, Self and Love. They share the same neighbourhood. When one is present the other is never far away.
Both are transcendental and immanent, of Heaven and of Earth. Some say Heaven and Earth are not exclusive realms that they are one.
The Heart and the Mind meet and life becomes one ? What do you think ?

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-01-2022, 07:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
My words are not directed any specific individuals .Based on my learning n observation,i feel loving n knowing are intricately linked.But which kind of love makes one knowing. It is my understanding that only serious n sincere love can make u knowing beyond n above superstition. Love has the way bestowing knowledge to the seeker.But this is not easy as we frequently see n hear in society.

Thank you, your answer made me think of their mutual relationship Love and Knowing, Knowledge and Fire, Compassion and Wisdom, Yin and Yang. The force of the Design requires both much as the wheel on a car requires both velocities of forward momentum and the downward velocity where the wheel meets the road, otherwise it cannot steer. As a closing remark, can we say that God is in control ? Joe.

Old 30-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Master

control of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
As a closing remark, can we say that God is in control ? Joe.
Certainly He is very much in control and His control is loving, compassionate and rhythmic and NOT arbitrary authoritarian without logic.
At times we are unable to understand depth of His love and rhythms .
Old 31-01-2022, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes indeed thanks for sharing. Living more immediately in the heart's presence

When I began this journey, my eyes were wide and my heart was open. There was a walk of innocence, to have my heart open to people, to reach my hand out, palm up and meet in a sacred space. I’ve held hands with some and held space in my heart for others.

It is the place where souls meet.

It is a place of healing.

It is a place of pure white light.

It is the place where one smiles at a stranger and they smile back in recognition of our oneness. That split second lifts each in love and light and each goes on their way; the burdens of the day lightened.

This is the place of the most powerful healing, that no one can teach.

It simply is. There are no words, or egos or perceptions. It just happens.

Now, there are lessons to be learned, rules to follow. There is light and dark. Each person on a journey.

Your question is interesting. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2022, 07:13 AM
Master

Quote:
When I began this journey, my eyes were wide and my heart was open. There was a walk of innocence, to have my heart open to people, to reach my hand out, palm up and meet in a sacred space. I’ve held hands with some and held space in my heart for others.
Your welcome for the question it is based off an experience I had a few moons ago. An NDE/OBE.
All was loved therefore all was known. It made me think over past few days of why such a tradition as Tibetan Buddhism
sees Compassion and Wisdom as two wings of a bird.

I like the way you worded your post you capture that inner most place well. Now I understand a little more of why
they say the journey is about letting go and walking through the appropriate doorways rather than acquiring vast
amounts of spiritual knowledge and correct dogma which for me will never happen. Intellectual cleverness is different
than intellectual beauty, one of the quotes in my signature One of my own and an important one too.
If I cannot experience create or display intellectual beauty then i shall take my cleverness elsewhere
into engineering, guitar fixing and playing and such likes, instead of spinning in circles around the subtlety of intellectual
argumentation and hard core dogma.

Now is the time to ask, these are the days. Nothing can go wrong but boy its a scary move to trust your life to that healing
space you've so well alluded to. See the thing is ..God wants a house clearance ..not a little dusting around the door :) that's
what i want, some light dusting ! So yes many tumultuous things have happened to me and many things have been burned up
and removed in this lifetime. I want to be further ahead but what does that really mean ? Anyway thanks for your kind and inspirational post.
Blessings and Healing. Joe.

Ps. you made think of that well known poem by Derek Walcott, about meeting and greeting yourself again,
this time your real self as it were. The self whom you have called a stranger not through any fault of your own
but nevertheless such is life.
Likewise there is a song i posted recently ...which makes me think of this same theme of Greeting
your true self again. Here is that song lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMNy_7shvE

Love after Love

The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 14-02-2022 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 01-02-2022, 07:57 PM
Master
Joe Mc, the poem is beautiful and so true.

The funny thing, is we meet ourselves through other people. As we greet and meet them, we meet ourselves. Those things we do not like in others, sometimes are the house keeping you are talking about and the choice to let go, is the deep cleaning you are talking about, I think.

It sounds as if you have a new perspective, breath it in. Like seeing with brand new eyes.

I am reminded of a few Cat Stevens songs.

I am glad you are here.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
[color="Green"]My experience has been to fully love is to fully know and accept.

COLOR]

Ameliorate,

Yes IMO much better than the OP koan….
To fully love is to fully know
To fully know is to fully love

The original koan assumes us to be impotent….dependent on love coming from outside of us…..if we are actually spiritual we should be capable of initiation…

The first koan is only sensible to me if we only attribute love to a divine source that we have no access to….
Old 01-02-2022, 11:39 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Some say Heaven and Earth are not exclusive realms that they are one.
The Heart and the Mind meet and life becomes one ? What do you think ?
I take the classic Advaita non-dual position and that is know Self and all is known. In other words there's only Self appearing as all the names and forms and that includes Gods and Devils, Heavens and Hells.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:21 AM
Bambo

Quote:
I am reminded of a few Cat Stevens songs.
Ahhh I like kitty cat Stevens