Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-12-2021, 02:30 PM
Master

unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
The
Now doesn't this story show that like my dream characters are unreal, the people of this world are unreal too?
Unreal here means changing ,fleeting , temporal ,short-lived , ephemeral but still existing (as against illusory) . And with this their status /well-being/health / relationships/ equations with us and others all are unreal ie changing . Only constant in all these is Brahman . Basing our world changing /fleeting foundations can leave us floundered . So rooting our world and actions keeping in view long term self sustaining brahman and its ways is an insurance against any potential earth shattering upheavals in our life .
Old 05-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 10 EXCERPT:
Quote:
I interpreted as that all persons (beside myself) are just my imagination, like characters in my dreams, they aren't conscious, and so they don't feel anything.
But you guys have given a different interpretation, that other persons are also conscious, it's just 1 consciousness kind of splitting itself into different bodies and seeing things from perspectives of all those bodies.
If all bodies are identical (only one male and one female form), then it is easier to comprehend that it's just one consciousness with different perspectives. This is due to corresponding different locations of the bodies in time and space. Each body is like one of millions of security cameras capturing information on Planet Earth.

You are one of those roving security cameras, each with its own cache of recorded information. Therefore, there is neither you nor another person. There is only one "security system" (impersonal consciousness) in existence. The splitting off is based solely on the unique location of the data capture and recording.

What do you think?
Old 05-12-2021, 03:58 PM
hazada guess

That's a good way of explaining it ayar415.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:04 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 13 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
That's a good way of explaining it ayar415.

Really? Try explaining it to one of those cameras going around deleting certain information transmitted by others because it is rude.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Master

security camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
QUOTE Post 13 EXCERPT: Really? Try explaining it to one of those cameras going around deleting certain information transmitted by others because it is rude.
No security camera can delete the information transmitted by others . It definitely explains the functioning of the camera to better capture the vision with vivid colors , best zoom capability ,night vision , panoramic view thereby improving the photo /video capturing and increasing its life and usefulness .
Old 05-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 15 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
No security camera can delete the information transmitted by others . It definitely explains the functioning of the camera to better capture the vision with vivid colors , best zoom capability ,night vision , panoramic view thereby improving the photo /video capturing and increasing its life and usefulness .

Let's not turn this analogy into reality. Consciousness has the power to do this.

How does HITESH SHAH become an autonomous individual? This is the work of the consciousness. In itself, it is not a bad thing. It is necessary to facilitate movement for navigating your butt onto a chair so that food on a plate can be moved with the hand to shove it into the mouth. Hindus eat with their hands.

I don't eat with my hands. It's awful. Natives of India would disagree because they all wash their hands before they eat. We don't always do that and it can come across as disgusting. This is how "1 consciousness kind of splitting itself into different bodies and seeing things from perspectives of all those bodies" (kalaro).
Old 06-12-2021, 02:06 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
When i sleep, my dreams are produced by my brain, i don't consciously create those dreams. A power different from myself, i.e. my brain, produces the dreams and i experience them. Similarly, isn't this world being designed & moved by a power different than me? -
It is strange you are saying it is a power different from yourself and you point to consciously creating. Conscious awareness is tied to the body, so in a dream the conscious awareness of each dream-body is whatever each dream-body has. If one dream-body is blind, it does not mean all is blind. But all the dream is arising from you and all of the dream is you. There is no one else in the dream. The dream is not other than you. If you dream you are being chased down an alleyway, you are chasing yourself. There is no one else there. Each dream-body has it's own point of view and conscious awareness and believes as "you" do that "I" am experiencing the dream-world...but those are only thoughts tied to the dream-body. The dream-body only has the skills and abilities that are allotted to the body...so it can not float in the air if it desires to. You are omnipresent and omnipotent in the dream as Consciousness (which is everything in the dream), but you play each dream-character being only what that character can be. There is only one Consciousness playing all the "limited" characters in the play.

It is incorrect to identify with conscious awareness, sensory point of view, and the limitations of the body.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-12-2021 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-12-2021, 03:09 AM
Master

Different perspectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Let's not turn this analogy into reality. Consciousness has the power to do this.
... This is how "1 consciousness kind of splitting itself into different bodies and seeing things from perspectives of all those bodies" (kalaro).
Hi
I have no problems with differing perspectives. Thats in fact the wonderful dance of The ONE. So i am very well comfortable eating with hands,chopsticks,spoon n forks n can see n appreciate diverse perspective.

I thought u were alluding to explanations of nonduality as "some cameras deleting info from others"

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-12-2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-12-2021, 12:12 PM
Reminder: Admins have asked to quote only 2-3 sentences when quoting others.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2021, 01:13 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Isn't non-duality sad & lonely that there's no one, not even God, except you/me?
A few years ago there was a BBC documentary about Life in a monastery where some monks had achieved a truly non-ego state. They had to have their nappies changed and were spoon-fed by the acolytes, but the only problem with being in a Spiritually idealistic state of non-ego us that they didn't have an ego that could experience it. They couldn't think "I have transcended my ego and am now non-Duality" because there was no 'I am'. Their state was neither Duality nor non-Duality, but a long past both of them.

Duality is not logical because every example of what is supposed to be of Duality isn't actually dual. Non-Duality is equally not logical because what is not Duality is still Duality.

You don't consciously create your dreams but you become conscious of them - your unconscious creates those dreams and those dreams are still a part of 'you'. That's what dream interpretations are all about. If I asked you to describe yourself, everything you can say is also created by your unconscious. `

If you use the mind to understand consciousness singular or otherwise - then you're using what created the conundrums/Dualities in the first place to resolve the conundrums/Dualities. Is that the Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path?

As a very wise man said to me many years ago - "Change the words, change the paradigm."