Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I won't weigh in on the whole debate about lottery numbers, just wanted to make a comment on faith generally. For me, faith goes hand-in-hand with letting go - can you completely let go (of the stories you tell yourself to make sense of your experience; of the illusion of control, etc.), safe in the knowledge that everything will be okay? I'm not quite at that place yet, but I feel like I'm slowly getting there.
I think it's quite a journey to reach a place where you can let go of stories you tell yourself and believe that everything will be ok. But then are we just telling ourselves another story (without evidence) based in faith alone?
Old 25-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I think it's quite a journey to reach a place where you can let go of stories you tell yourself and believe that everything will be ok. But then are we just telling ourselves another story (without evidence) based in faith alone?
I take your point, 'everything will be okay' is another story. Maybe it's better expressed as 'everything is as it should be,' but still, it's just words - the inner conviction, the feeling, is what's really important.
Old 25-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:

it is the "lack of evidence" that makes it faith. :)
Old 25-01-2014, 02:40 PM
My take.

There is
Blind Faith
Faith
Hope
Wishing
Trusting
Believing
Knowing

Then, you have power. Power in thoughts, prayers, the will....and
Combine those with "the hundreth monkey" concept and wow...you
really have a force...it is the same force that created everyhing we see;
from this force comes forth this 3rd dimension. So, which is more powerful,
the seen or the unseen that the seen comes from...I rely on the Unseen or supernatural or
spiritual world for EVERYTHING! All my money, my car repairs, my new pets, my health,
where my lost car keys are, even what to wear sometimes when I'm stumped....meaning
I put on some makeup and know Spirit will pop an idea in my head...I don't have to do anything.

I call that giving God your burdens...confusion, stress, worry, doubt, conflicts, anger are BIG burdens....I rambled...but it is about the Unseen Force that allowed the lottery winners to win.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2014, 11:02 PM
silent whisper

Quote:

Complete trust in your unfolding..is trust a story?

It's a feeling (kind of empty but everything is there feeling) no longer ruled by fear. :)
Old 25-01-2014, 11:03 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12meadows
it is the "lack of evidence" that makes it faith. :)

Is it completely trusting in the unknown, perhaps it is..:)
Old 26-01-2014, 03:24 AM
Master

Quote:
It seems as though it doesn't matter if the object of faith is real or true if it 'works'. Is it a case of 'the end justifes the means' in your example?
Having faith in the unseen doesn't necessarily mean you get what you want, it's usually about what the person needs on all levels.. physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc. I don't see faith as something we use to get things, it's more a part of our human character. Real or true doesn't really apply to spirituality and faith because it goes beyond our Westerm concept of a reality being just material.

If it was something we could use to get what we want, everybody would be rich. The real 'Secret' is there isn't one, you just have to find your own Shangri-La.
Old 26-01-2014, 05:05 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpastelle
That story made me think of faith because they all based their lotery numbers on the count of those fortune cookies. It made me think of faith because somewhere when they played these numbers, they must of beleived in them somewhat.

The chances of something like this ever happening is so slim that it brings to question just how much did they believe in them and was it enough to bring them (the winning numbers) out of the lot?

I guess in this case, it was.

Stories about faith I have many to share...some are related to me some are not. But love and faith are related somewhat in each of these stories. Maybe not in this case so much...but, you will see in the future when and if you read what I post the relation I beleive exist between the two.

Thanks for the thread and I look forward to reading more of them.
Old 26-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Having faith in the unseen doesn't necessarily mean you get what you want, it's usually about what the person needs on all levels.. physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc. I don't see faith as something we use to get things, it's more a part of our human character. Real or true doesn't really apply to spirituality and faith because it goes beyond our Westerm concept of a reality being just material.

If it was something we could use to get what we want, everybody would be rich. The real 'Secret' is there isn't one, you just have to find your own Shangri-La.
I don't think it goes beyond the concept of our personal reality though. I believe the concept of faith belongs in our personal reality by having faith in 'that whatever life throws up at us', we will somehow deal with it. Having this faith in yourself is very powerful.

I agree it's about the personal needs on all levels and most of it comes through experience and being aware.
Old 26-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Master
I do think this thread has been more about " law of attraction" than it has about faith. Belief really. I'm not sure exactly how to describe the difference between faith and believing, but I think there is one. :)