Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 22-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
Ooh, la la, Crystal...
Sounds verrry interesting...very intrigued with your spiritual gardening book as well...

When they're published, please let us know.:)
Haha, I will! But the novels will be published before the gardening book. In Kindle format (E-reader) I got a total of 700 pages, which would be close to 3 novels. But they're divided over some 6 story-lines. Currently working on finishing the first one in the sequel. The second one is 3/4 done... The sequel will be at least 4 books, main characters will appear in other books as well.
I got one finished story but unfortunately I wrote that in Dutch, so I'm working on translating it. Now I don't even bother with Dutch no more. English only.

A lot of work to be done still, but I'm working diligently
Old 24-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Master
I am amazed ( and admire) at how you can go back and forth from sequel one and two and still manage to keep it flowing...then again, you are gifted, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
Is the story already completed in your head?

Sorry about all these questions...I am currently reading a novel ( Greek) based on past lives and the crossroads of the souls. The author is absolutely brilliant and her storylines flow into one another with such incredible ease, it blows my mind. (hehe, a bit extreme there, but greeks usually are )
Old 24-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Master
I don't know exactly how the different stories will develop or end. They all will end with the two main characters as a love couple, that is a given. Just cause they're supposed to be happy novels, so no bad endings and no open endings.

The funny thing is, new ideas of how two ppl could meet and fall in love keep popping up in my head, that's how I ended up with 8 different story lines. Two may not become part of the sequel, hence me mentioning 6 before.
Another peculiar thing is that all characters really have their own needs and personalities that come with it. So certain things go with one couple and definitely not with another. So if I feel like writing something in specific, I sense with which couple it would work and then write another section of their story.
And while writing, ideas come up as well. I do have an elaborate wedding ceremony in one, meaning regular wedding, handfasting and collaring ceremony. Another story has a biker wedding and a handfasting too. So I found myself looking into biker weddings online for research, writing wedding vows (which I hadn't even done for my own wedding yonks ago, haha) and part of a speech that the druid gave during the handfasting ceremony.
Sometimes I spent hours, days, doing research online. And writing wedding vows that are original and fit in the story wasn't easy!
The biker story has some Scottish in it, as do the wedding vows. I was learning Scottish at the time, and wanted to use it in the story. Just bits and pieces like "My love" "My man" "I love you" etc.

When I decided to do a sequel, I had to start thinking of when and how to introduce the characters of the other stories, and think of the following order of the books.
And the wedding I'm still working on from the first story.... not sure if that is actually going to be in the first story or part of the second. Normally speaking the main character's best friend would attend her wedding, but her best friend doesn't get to meet the groom until the second book. I'm a bit stuck with that :/ Wedding will probably be in the 2nd, sorts my problem.
So I do run into problems here and there, I do have to keep track of the timelines of when ppl meet.

And Oh My God, it's just so much fun! My 3rd story starts with a girl singing lyrics of a song. So I used some 4-5 songlines. The way I set it up is crucial to the buildup of her meeting the guy she's going to fall in love with. After I'd written that entire scene, which is truly brilliant (I'm SO chuffed about that one!) I realised I can't just use song lines due to copyright :/
So I'm now thinking of actually getting in touch with the band and asking their permission. If not, I'll have to rewrite the entire beginning of the book, which would be a crying shame.

*Sigh* I think it's clear I really LOVE writing, haha.
Old 13-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Master
An update :) It's so hot outdoors, that it seemed like the perfect day to do some painting!

It's NOT done yet, but I love this what I got so far :)
(The white streaks at top right corner are from a camera setting, are not in the painting)

Old 24-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Gracey

looks great so far! I especially like the fire and where the water meets the land.
Old 25-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Master
Thank you. Last week the trees got leaves, but I put in a bush that I really didn't like, so I got rid of that again.

I have to finish it off, the idea is to go for this (the section where the blue/green merges with the orange is Photoshopped in this picture)

Old 25-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Master
It's looking gorgeous, FairyCrystal...
You were right about the bush...definitely a no no..it kind of caused conflict there.
Can't wait to see it finished...just looking at it now, while listening to healing meditation brings me to a state of relaxation beyond words....

(Thank you)
Old 25-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Master
Thank you Hope!
I've finished it :)

Old 25-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Master
Stunning!

Where do you plan on placing it?
or do you display in galleries?
Old 25-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Master
Thank you!
At the mo most of my better paintings are on display in a home for the elderly.
I should start trying to get some displayed in galleries, but then my insecurity kicks in, telling myself my paintings aren't good enough