Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-03-2020, 11:56 PM
Master
I have heard that chakras are associated with the glands in the body, and this makes sense to me if you look where the glands are, it maps well to where chakras supposedly are.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/346143921332380328/

Quote:
Chakras (from the Sanskrit word cakra, meaning "wheel" or "circle") are astral-etheric concentrations that are used to receive and distribute astral energies throughout the human system. Each chakra has an organic counterpart in the dense physical body. These organic counterparts correspond to the ductless glands of the endocrine system.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Really since the human body is atomic particles at the most basic level, I'd guess the human body and reality is really just some super advanced coding, 0's and 1's or their very advanced equivalent. The question is more about consciousness that exists to experience this "reality." "Chakra's" are basically just "religious" belief. Subjective belief to the animal about what this or that "is" as description of shared feelings. "Is" to humans is more about symbolic representation of shared experience than any kind of actual knowledge of what something "is." No human has ever discovered what consciousness actually is and how or if it is a product of these mostly carbon atoms or a thing that exists apart from these atomic structures and "reality."
Old 22-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Really since the human body is atomic particles at the most basic level, I'd guess the human body and reality is really just some super advanced coding, 0's and 1's or their very advanced equivalent.

The body, at its basic level, is not binary. It is an analog system.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-03-2020, 01:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The body, at its basic level, is not binary. It is an analog system.

But then is the analog system a program? Could be I guess. I read a bunch of scientist's think our 3D universe is actually a 2D hologram and they have some mathematical theories that point them to that conclusion. It's like how you can play a video game and think you are in a 3D world when really it is just the program tricking you to think you are. Really it is just code making visuals on a flat 2D screen. But we "believe" we are in a 3D world. When we walk are we really moving in space or is this just the illusion of the program?
Old 23-03-2020, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
But then is the analog system a program? Could be I guess. I read a bunch of scientist's think our 3D universe is actually a 2D hologram and they have some mathematical theories that point them to that conclusion. It's like how you can play a video game and think you are in a 3D world when really it is just the program tricking you to think you are. Really it is just code making visuals on a flat 2D screen. But we "believe" we are in a 3D world. When we walk are we really moving in space or is this just the illusion of the program?

If it is an illusion, step off a short cliff. If you do not get hurt, step off a tall cliff. If you still do not get hurt, step off the Grand Canyon wall where the depth is 1 mile. If you do not get hurt, you can then write the Phaelyn Theorem.

I wonder if your theorem can apply to eating?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-03-2020, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
If it is an illusion, step off a short cliff. If you do not get hurt, step off a tall cliff. If you still do not get hurt, step off the Grand Canyon wall where the depth is 1 mile. If you do not get hurt, you can then write the Phaelyn Theorem.

Old 23-03-2020, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Really since the human body is atomic particles at the most basic level, I'd guess the human body and reality is really just some super advanced coding, 0's and 1's or their very advanced equivalent. The question is more about consciousness that exists to experience this "reality." "Chakra's" are basically just "religious" belief. Subjective belief to the animal about what this or that "is" as description of shared feelings. "Is" to humans is more about symbolic representation of shared experience than any kind of actual knowledge of what something "is." No human has ever discovered what consciousness actually is and how or if it is a product of these mostly carbon atoms or a thing that exists apart from these atomic structures and "reality."

People talk about chakras because they are a way to communicate energetic experience. Talking about consciousness rising through the chakras is how some people experience unfolding spirituality, not because it’s a religion, but because this is what it feels like experientially. I experience consciousness rising and settling for a time in a chakra area, until it is ready to move higher, other people feeling this for Millenia have talked about it and compared notes as well, and generally agreed that chakras are a good way to explain what they have come across.
Old 23-03-2020, 02:55 AM
Experiencer

I've thought about this a lot. Because I find it very interesting to attempt to understand the human energy systems. But for the sake of discussion I think I need to address a few other things first.

As a philosophy and discipline, my strategy is to always to take the perspectives of others contain some truth no matter how farfetched. I try to understand what may be the underlying physical components, and the move up to a system, and then continue upwards to a symbolic. Following the rule that form follows function.

I believe the symbols contain the keys to understanding the functions. Where everything becomes symbolic and has some level of meaning depending on how one looks at it. This puts me at one extreme.

On the other end of the spectrum is to look at the world as if nothing has any meaning. It just happens. What the "it" is cannot even be described.

My biggest challenge in this context are the strong emotions that I feel when others insist that there is no meaning to anything. They say it is a belief and just a story. And it comes across as a perspective that insists there no basis for a belief. It is just a figment of ones imagination, a choice. I think I'll wear the blue shirt today. No maybe not, maybe I'll choose green. Sometimes I take it too personally and it seems very personal and condescending. Why do all of those other people wear red? How silly when they could just choose blue.

And that is that. No person. No meaning. No point to anything. The anti-belief as nihilism. It is all just random. Even while proclaiming the nature of one's existence, there is a dissociation that insists that what matters personally to someone does not actually matter at all. That there is some higher abstract "reality" or "big" scheme of things. This idea substitutes for reality while it includes the idea that even ideas do not matter. A complete annihilation of life replaced by a mental construct.

I do understand why people fear meaning. Because it can trigger another kind of fear of annihilation. It can destabilize one's reality and sense of control. I also feel strongly it is important to honor that as well because that stability is as necessary as having a body. In fact they are interrelated. As you have thoughts, your energy system shifts. They are two aspects of the same thing. And real physical processes are involved. Chemical, electrical, systemic memory patterns. It is what makes up our physicality and is partially reflected in the thoughts we express. But the thoughts are like the tip of the iceberg for each of us.

In some ways the whole dilemma of polarity can be understood in terms of a Male/Yang versus a Female/Yin. A preferred approach to directing ones experiences. They are both valid and have different strengths and weaknesses depending on the context. So this suggests leaning to the middle way while respecting opposites and balance. To work toward a peaceful life that can respond gracefully to change. Allowing the ebb and flow between the poles. Equanimity.

If people have been making independent observations for thousands of years then maybe there is some truth behind what they talk about that is worthy of investigation.
Old 23-03-2020, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
laughing too much

NOT FUNNY!

I found out that theorem was not plausible when I fell off a boulder that was in a canyon once. When I came to, all I saw was blue. I wiggled and felt no pain. What happened?

I fell on a bed of nice, soft sand. The fall knocked me but did not do any other harm.

Old 23-03-2020, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
NOT FUNNY!

I found out that theorem was not plausible when I fell off a boulder that was in a canyon once. When I came to, all I saw was blue. I wiggled and felt no pain. What happened?

I fell on a bed of nice, soft sand. The fall knocked me but did not do any other harm.

I was laughing most at the idea of the Phaelyn Theorem, and what that might look like!