Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 14-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Right now, I think it is an interesting time in science and climate change. Between Irma and Texas, there was billions of dollars of destroyed property, much that will be paid by the US Tax payer, you. That is why I feel it is a very important time to pay attention. Do we keep funding the "over hyped" destruction? Or do we start paying attention to climate change /outdated infrastructure and fund preventative measures? You can debate that in the strong opinions section haha but if these storms have taught us anything it's that we need to pay attention

Hot and Bothered Clover hates typing on a phone, spellcheck is proof . But I'm right with you on the larger story of the storm. The fact that FEMA is dealing with two catastrophic hurricanes among however many wildfires shows how woefully prepared we are from a federal standpoint. FEMA just filled the director's position after 6 months of no one appointed. Thats scary.

Luckily we have a national guard system in place to assist, but its pretty clear the storms and events are getting larger. Pitting the climate change conversation causes divisiveness. Instead I prefer energy and funding be placed into upgrading the electrical grid/roads/bridges. Put lines in the ground, its 2017 why do we have powerlines above ground in areas that are subject to extreme weather. All of those plans were in place, but to increase profits they were pushed and pushed.

Hopefully you can get power back and more importantly the AC
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 14-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
Hot and Bothered Clover hates typing on a phone, spellcheck is proof . But I'm right with you on the larger story of the storm. The fact that FEMA is dealing with two catastrophic hurricanes among however many wildfires shows how woefully prepared we are from a federal standpoint. FEMA just filled the director's position after 6 months of no one appointed. Thats scary.

Luckily we have a national guard system in place to assist, but its pretty clear the storms and events are getting larger. Pitting the climate change conversation causes divisiveness. Instead I prefer energy and funding be placed into upgrading the electrical grid/roads/bridges. Put lines in the ground, its 2017 why do we have powerlines above ground in areas that are subject to extreme weather. All of those plans were in place, but to increase profits they were pushed and pushed.

Hopefully you can get power back and more importantly the AC

@End, In a pile of sweat, I think my two little thumbs did alright Yeah, the crankiness meter is up there, along with never tell a woman having a bad day she is over reacting We got a generator,unfortunately, they need gas to run. Too small to power an our central air and gas isn't something Florida has much of at the moment. I am retreating to my sister's house tonight who has power/Central air. Once upon a time I knew of this thing called scenty soaps and shampoo, they smelled good and kept my hair clean and fresh

Good points on Fema/Government handling

@Lepus, I do understand your sentiment whole heartily with the system. I was very politically active in my early undergraduate years, you could find me in a D.C. anti war protests, so I know all too well this disdain and unfairness from these hegemonic institutions (I am trying not to make this thread 'political' or go into areas of conspiracy theories ( forum policy))For me personally, I think I am too old and a very busy mother to give my attention and vibration to that machine.The vibration I am trying to focus on is the many men and woman that get up, and work for the community with nothing expected in return.

My best advice for those who are upset with the 'system' is to get involved on a larger scale, politically and legally, and that usually starts from the grassroots level. Get in involved with your community and dedicate to your local and state elections. We still have a below 50 percent voter turn out ( much less in local elections) that basically indicates half the country doesn't care who is running the show. Apathy is the problem too.

P.S. Gas has stayed steady at 2.45 to 2.65. I was on a road trip the week prior to the storm including in Miami. Local law enforcement has been good
Old 14-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Experiencer
I should know better than to poke a bear, but where is the fun in that.

Pro Tip: After the generator has gas... a window AC unit that the Generator is able to run is a good purchase or there always seems to be someone getting rid of them. Even if its just for a single room or bedroom, it helps at night.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 14-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
I should know better than to poke a bear, but where is the fun in that.

Pro Tip: After the generator has gas... a window AC unit that the Generator is able to run is a good purchase or there always seems to be someone getting rid of them. Even if its just for a single room or bedroom, it helps at night.

I'll make sure to book mark this page and remember you this winter

Good tip! We are such amateurs/Northerners. In a central air dominated environment, an AC box seems useless but no way, definitely useful in these events, even a cheap little one. We are def looking at larger generators for the future as soon as this hoopla passes, something to keep in mind.

Oh I mentioned this earlier, I use spaghetti models,aka FB's mikes weather page (lol) and Weathernerds.com to track hurricanes. European models are so much more better at predicting too. I don't track storms via the main stream media( although damn, CNN's Chris Cumuo did his thing reporting in Naples with those tight shirts, give that man a round of applause :p ) those channels are kinda like guilty pleasures when I am bored.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Experiencer
We are now off generators and have full power. We are working on another home a few blocks away cutting a tree from the roof that has no power yet. We are very fortunate here.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 14-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Matthews
We are now off generators and have full power. We are working on another home a few blocks away cutting a tree from the roof that has no power yet. We are very fortunate here.

Hi Kate, didn't know you were from Florida. Happy to hear you are doing well and your area is recuperating very fortunate indeed.
Old 14-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Deactivated Account

End, Lol, Yeah trust me, Floridians are on it haha

Although, I won't lie, I've been totally acting like this https://s26.postimg.org/d49do0qw9/IMG_3406.jpg

Myself being from the MidWest, I think winter storms feel equally as bad as Hurricane season( the sentiment) both have pros and cons.

I see Hurricane Jose flirting with the Atlantic Coast, his projected territory is an interesting watch as it may dance along the north Eastern coast. Stay toned
Old 14-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hi Kate, didn't know you were from Florida. Happy to hear you are doing well and your area is recuperating very fortunate indeed.

Thank you Clover. We are on the South west Gulf Coast.
Old 14-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:

Good tip! We are such amateurs/Northerners. In a central air dominated environment, an AC box seems useless but no way, definitely useful in these events, even a cheap little one. We are def looking at larger generators for the future as soon as this hoopla passes, something to keep in mind.

Oh I mentioned this earlier, I use spaghetti models,aka FB's mikes weather page (lol) and Weathernerds.com to track hurricanes. European models are so much more better at predicting too. I don't track storms via the main stream media( although damn, CNN's Chris Cumuo did his thing reporting in Naples with those tight shirts, give that man a round of applause :p ) those channels are kinda like guilty pleasures when I am bored.

Clover I'm just so glad to see you around.shows me you are all ok and safe. Scary stuff!