Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
That doesn't sound good. I'm not going to jump out of any buildings, but I think the dream means something, I just don't know what.

I don't what either, and despite all appeances, neither do others.

I don't like what this thread has become, so I'll be leaving now.

Much happiness.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Master

Well this is a really touchy subject, the inner child, and I didn't expect the thread to go smooth. We are in a public form. I just want to understand myself. to be honest, everyone else can do whatever they want. My problem is me, that's why I'm here.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Well this is a really touchy subject, the inner child, and I didn't expect the thread to go smooth. We are in a public form. I just want to understand myself. to be honest, everyone else can do whatever they want. My problem is me, that's why I'm here.

If we could talk and feel that was ok I would be happy as a bug in a rug, but it has become a group therapy session where xan administers advise. I do become concerned that vunerable people will be affected by that, but it's admins job to regulate the malpractice, I can merely state my concerns.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If we could talk and feel that was ok I would be happy as a bug in a rug, but it has become a group therapy session where xan administers advise. I do become concerned that vunerable people will be affected by that, but it's admins job to regulate the malpractice, I can merely state my concerns.
I totally understand the concern, it's true that most of spirituality is about human beings being human. Yet when we first come into it, we think the people are gods, then later to be let down by seeing that they're no different than anyone else. But I wonder if my inner child ever bought into it in the first place, or even can understand it, or even cares?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
CatChild... Your love letter is beautiful, but is that the way you would talk to an actual child?

How about imagining the 5 year old you, and speak to her naturally in words and ideas she could understand.

Xan

Thanks for posting this Xan. I think it will help when talking to my inner child to imagine him being a little boy right infront of me and just talk to him rather than going over my painful memories as a kid and trying to heal them.

And to others who weren't too happy about this post. Calm down because even though Xan's suggestion was of no use to CatChild it can still help others who read it.

I know some people can't stand when Xan gives out suggestions like she knows what shes talking about but from where I stand I feel that its entirely possible that Xan does in fact know what shes talking about and that maybe part of her purpose here on earth is to help people with spiritual things. And its not like her core philsophy is completely original and of her creation. And she isn't selling anything or forcing you to buy it. Im just grateful that I was able to come across her and hear what she has to say.

Matt

Old 13-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Master
Thank you for the appreciation, Matt.

I'd like to clarify a point because it has to do with forum policy. Making a few helpful suggestions is nowhere near what therapy and mentoring do and are. I know this from the inside, giving and receiving.

If suggestions and advice were taboo here we'd miss a lot of good stuff from people's experience and wisdom in so many areas... like Love and Relationships, Angels & Guides, Astral Projection, Healing, Meditation, Affirmations, Spiritual Sexuality, Auras and Chakras, Religions and Beliefs,
Mediumship, Spiritual Development and so on.

In fact I see this as one of the most valuable aspects of this forum that Devolution skillfully and heartfully created. People come here with questions or needs or unrecognized issues and get real support for themselves. What a blessing!

When subjects like deep emotions and true spiritual knowing come up, they tend to push the buttons on our personal unresolved issues. This need not be taken as a threat but may be an opportunity for increasing self-awareness, letting go and real healing.

Moreover... one nice thing about an open forum is, when someone makes a suggestion we can simply take it or leave it.

I feel if something I say isn't accepted perhaps someone else may make good use of it with or without my knowing, or even the same person later on. No sincere giving is wasted.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 14-06-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 14-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Thank you for the appreciation, Matt.

I'd like to clarify a point because it has to do with forum policy. Making a few helpful suggestions is nowhere near what therapy and mentoring do and are. I know this from the inside, giving and receiving.

If suggestions and advice were taboo here we'd miss a lot of good stuff from people's experience and wisdom in so many areas... like Love and Relationships, Angels & Guides, Astral Projection, Meditation, Affirmations, Spiritual Sexuality, Auras and Chakras, Spiritual Development, and so on.

In fact I see this as one of the most valuable aspects of this forum that Devolution skillfully and heartfully created. People come here with questions or needs or unrecognized issues and get real support for themselves. What a blessing!

When subjects like deep emotions and true spiritual knowing come up, they tend to push the buttons on our personal unresolved issues. This need not be taken as a threat but may be an opportunity for increasing self-awareness, letting go and real healing.

Moreover... one nice thing about an open forum is, when someone makes a suggestion we can simply take it or leave it.

I feel if something I say isn't accepted perhaps someone else may make good use of it without my knowing, or even the same person later on. No sincere giving is wasted.

Xan
Well said Xan.

Talk is cheap - Anyone can give advice, even 'That's bad advice'.
Old 14-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Master
Of course, bad advice to some is good advice for others. Each to their own medicine.

Xan

Old 14-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
People come here with questions or needs or unrecognized issues and get real support for themselves. What a blessing!

I am one of them, thank goodness I am getting a lot from this site
Old 14-06-2012, 01:17 AM
CatChild

Xan,

I understand that you were trying to help. But, can you just understand the way you worded your post expressed to me that I was speaking in a way that wasn't a good way to address a child? You used the word "but" and I think you need to really acknowledge that. If you had your own thoughts on how it should have been done, then it would have been an awesome idea to start another thread about it or make a random post that included only Your perceptions. That way I'd have read it and just added my two cents in and then continued on my way. Do you see what I'm saying?

I'm over it now, it didn't last long. It stung me for a couple of days... And besides, I expressed my anger (which was a good experience at any rate). I used my words to portray that I felt hurt because my personal letter to myself seemed to be minimized by someone else albeit well intended- I just Really didn't feel it needed to be any better OR any different.

My hope is that you stay who you are, Xan. You've got insights just like the rest of us do. Yes, I sometimes find you come across as knowing better than others and I generally just don't say anything. To that end to be fair, I post all sorts of Opinions that aren't really asked for and I'm sure some people feel bulldozed by my 'tell it like I see it' style of communicating. That's just my personality. So, I'm Not knocking you for caring, I'm trying to convey how important it is to throw your insights out there for others to learn from for themselves. And to recognize when someone's done a good job and leave it at that. (I'm working on my bluntness by the way)...

Re my triggers- Yes I have them and they are pretty big chips on my shoulder. I shudder at feelings of any sort and desire a vomit bag when I'm exposed to anything corny. I don't do chick flicks and I can't tolerate country songs. Well it's obvious to all of us that I was rarely emotionally validated and even when I was, I felt awkward and shy and exposed. So, sometimes it's best not to go there unless I ask. There's many people in the world like me. Many people on the forum as well. So, I hope this post will be taken in a productive manner and that you can gain a better understanding about both me and Yourself Xan. I think you're a good person and hopefully my words will help stop the rifts that sometimes happen on the threads due to differing personal dynamics and communication styles.

Yes I still have my feelings but I don't address them the way most people address their own and I've got my own reasons for that. Lastly, I think this poor thread has been completely derailed, and perhaps we should start a new thread about this topic. Let's get back on topic now, thanks.

(Guess what? I HATE conflict. I want this place to be the one easy thing in my life and in other member's lives as well).