Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse

Out of the corner of my eye

I turned to look but it was gone

I can not put my finger on it now

The child is grown

The dream is gone...

Pink floyd
I used to dream I could fly when I was child. One time I jumped off the couch thinking the dream was real. I haven't had that dream since I was a teenager, and then I just had it again the other night. I think what I've been doing it actually working maybe.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I used to dream I could fly when I was child. One time I jumped off the couch thinking the dream was real. I haven't had that dream since I was a teenager, and then I just had it again the other night. I think what I've been doing it actually working maybe.

Heehee, When we were kids, my younger brother convinced my baby sister that she could fly, so she jumped out the second floor window.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Heehee, When we were kids, my younger brother convinced my baby sister that she could fly, so she jumped out the second floor window.
That doesn't sound good. I'm not going to jump out of any buildings, but I think the dream means something, I just don't know what.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Master
When I have flying dreams I understand them as journeys out of body.

Xan

Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
Read it again Xan. You obviously didn't understand me.

I wouldn't change a Thing about it and I find the demeanor of your post as invasive and dismissive. I'm not interested in having anyone guide me through a process to help me communicate within a relationship with Myself. Do you think your words read as though you're trying to 'help' me or give me suggestions as to how to do it better? Seriously, I wasn't in need of help. It felt very natural and comfortable. My post was very honest.

Furthermore, i don't know what a 5 year old child would understand. Why would I have to be a 5 year old? Like MY words state- I was Never a 'child' mentally. I understood the words I heard and Thankfully was Never talked down to. I was a pretty old soul kid and as analytical as I am now. So- thanks but no thanks.

I'm sorry that you took my suggestion as somehow negating you, CatChild.

In other places on the forum you have told us you have difficulty accepting emotions. This sort of intellectualizing even in childhood could very well be part of that.

Feelings are best communicated in simple child-like words... "I like this." "I'm afraid." "I don't want you to leave." "I love you."

Xan

Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

In other places on the forum you have told us you have difficulty accepting emotions. This sort of intellectualizing even in childhood could very well be part of that.

Feelings are best communicated in simple child-like words... "I like this." "I'm afraid." "I don't want you to leave." "I love you."

Xan

I didn't intend for my letter to be full of 'emotions' anyway, but rather just an honest connection and acknowledgement of the two sides of myself that I am very grateful for and love dearly. Like I said in my letter to myself, the details and the emo stuff between the lines is personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's what Catchild brings which is valuable because it's true to life, it is what really did happen, thus it is inspirational... and it is through sharing in that way we can all be benefited... and for some, writing a letter is a wonderful method. People find their way in their own way, and no one has authority over that.

It's important that 'the experts' don't make this their show pony, because firstly, it's the OP's gig; and secondly, better to consider what people have to say than interfere in what they are already doing.

In short, Catchild can be acredited the wisdom because she brought the inspiration to us, and no other should ride on her back to make themselves taller.

OK, that's my feelings on this issue, thanks for letting me get it off my chest (I probably said too much), and thanks Catchild, for sharing your letter with us.

Thanks Gem. :)
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Master
CatChild: ...the details and the emo stuff between the lines is personal.

Yes, for sure. Our interrelationships between adult and child parts of ourselves, at best are intimate and of the heart.

Xan

Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan

Xan, they hurt me physically as in terrible stomach and back aches, stiff joints and fatigue. I find the act of crying extremely difficult and forced even if I am actually sad. I just need to focus it off somehow by either taking a nap or turning it over to my rational to process as to me that is very soothing and comforting because I can problem solve for myself to feel better... like make a plan etc.

My previous posts were me explaining this and asking if anyone else went through this as well... or was/am I the only weird one who cries with cerebral emotions in place of feeling emotions. (This includes Joy as well as pain). Simple as that.

ANYWAY, Back to the thread topic...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Lovely thread. I find inner child work very painful to be honest although I have worked a lot on myself and the experiences I've had. For me, the feeling of loneliness is still incredibly raw, perhaps not surprising since I still feel a lot of it now. But the loneliness of a child is far, far worse. It doesn't take much to send me back into that place and feel the tears.

Starbuck, you have my support and understanding. Some things run very deep. Even after the edges have long since worn down and all is long since forgiven, even still.

To me at 5...

Come here. It's okay, I just want to give you a hug and a kiss goodnight on top of your head. Just a few things. You know how your grandfather always shows you love and is proud of you and is glad to see you, no matter what? No particular reason, no occasion, but just because? Remember how he always stands for his family and for other people who needed help and for things that were important to him? How you love that he never gives up on those he loves and always thinks the best of them?

All of that, that's what real love is. It makes us real and it lasts forever, just like the old rocking horse said in the story. And here's the rest...just a little bit of real love can last for a whole lifetime. When your parents or others hurt you and do or say mean things to you, just remember that is not who you are. Always remember that you know what love is and that you will never lose your way. Remember how special your heart is, because real love comes from the heart, and love is magic. That's why it can last forever and never run out, no matter how much you have or how much you give away.

Oh and I'm proud of you for taking care of your brother and almost never fighting with him ;) And a few other things...you have a good heart, and you're a good person. No one has to be perfect to be loved, and it's wrong to make you or anyone feel that way. I know it's hard and you want everyone to be happy, but try not to worry so much and feel so bad about these things (you're only 5...). Because no matter what, I love you and I always will. And I will always be there for you. I promise.

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
Xan, they hurt me physically as in terrible stomach and back aches, stiff joints and fatigue. I find the act of crying extremely difficult and forced even if I am actually sad. I just need to focus it off somehow by either taking a nap or turning it over to my rational to process as to me that is very soothing and comforting because I can problem solve for myself to feel better... like make a plan etc.

My previous posts were me explaining this and asking if anyone else went through this as well... or was/am I the only weird one who cries with cerebral emotions in place of feeling emotions. (This includes Joy as well as pain). Simple as that.

I heard you, CatChild, and my wish is that you find ways to let your emotions ease and become more comfortable. Letting it be more simple is often part of that.

Xan