Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-02-2024, 06:18 AM
Master
I can tell you that I must concentrate. Having shared here in this forum how I lost my eyesight and was totally blind for about 5-years, back when I was in my twenties; going through more than a dozen eye surgeries to regain my eyesight, Now in my late seventies my eyesight is once again failing, and it is very important for me to be aware beyond what my eyesight can provide. Concentration aides me in this, but still there are glitches. Regardless, I give myself permission to make mistakes, as long as those mistakes are reparable.
Old 27-02-2024, 03:19 PM
Master

concentration

Hi Starman,

The topic of concentration and various posts made by you are excellent . Jut wanted to thank you for all the contents you shared here . It's treasure trove of the forum . Once again thank you very much for this thread on this important topic . I liked it very much.

Old 27-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Master
HTTESH SHAH, and others, thank you for your appreciation of my sharing in this post. It encourages me to continue, and I also want to acknowledge a kinship with the typo in your post, as I have some in mine as well, even as I speak on concentration. Misery may like company but also joy likes to spread itself as well, Even though we do not need a reason to be happy.

Ji Sat Chit Anand - Sanskrit
(“Divine truth is the company of bliss“)
Old 27-02-2024, 07:24 PM
Master
Concentration is cosmic electricity; it is the magic wand which we all have. In tarot it is depicted by Key-1 The Magician, a card showing a focused person channeling energy from above into this world. In my opinion, this is what we are all doing, in an unconscious haphazard way or a conscious focused concentrated way. No good or bad in this and no judgment.

That cosmic electricity, or serpent fire, is most concentrated at our core within us, and when we concentrate we are bringing that serpent fire forward and expressing it. The goal of concentration is union; the word “yoga” is Sanskrit and it also means union. The serpent power rises in response to the decent of our attention into our core.

With practice we condition our brain cells to get in the habit of concentration. A quote (translation) from the Yoga Sutras, “Psychic and spiritual powers may be inborn, or they may be gained by incantations, or by fervor, or by meditation.” In my opinion no one advances on the spiritual path without a modicum of disciple and disciple comes from concentration and focus.

In western societies self transformation is viewed akin to alchemy, while in eastern societies it is viewed as yoga; yoga is the alchemy of the east and alchemy is the yoga of the west. Human alchemy is a transformational process; separating the subtle from the gross within ourselves. Consciously moving our awareness from duality to non-duality. In my experience this is a spiritual alchemy which can be achieved by concentration.
Old 27-02-2024, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Another good post Starman and I have to agree with what you say about Concentration every one can do it.
But they get Fixated on not being able to concentrate. that they block the flow

Namaste
Old 28-02-2024, 12:02 AM
Master
Native Spirit, I agree; faith or beliefs can be a very powerful thing, and a lot of people who are polarized will become fixated on the negative, or stuck in believing they can not concentrate. It amazes me the simple things which we already possess, innate things which we were born with, that can lift us up, and show us a greater reality, such as focus and concentration. Although it does depend on what we concentrate on.

Concentrate on disbelief in yourself and it is like digging a hole. The saying goes “if you want to get out of a hole, stop digging.” Concentration starts with a one point un-divided focus, but as awareness grows and expands, concentration holds us instead of us holding it and it also expands along with our awareness. A new vista opens to us and our entire being becomes part of our awareness. As someone who was previously blind; it is my experience that we can see with our entire being, with our awareness, and not just our eyes.

Peace and Good Journey To All
Old 28-02-2024, 08:03 AM
Master

Lovely comments Starman.
Old 28-02-2024, 06:37 PM
Master
For me, concentrating on inner silence brings clarity. Clarity on the inside brings clarity on the outside in our everyday physical lives. For me it is really not about concentrating on attracting things in my life. My life is fulfilled by clarity.

When I say concentrate I am talking about holding our attention on something for more than just a few minutes. Holding my attention on silence brings me an incredible experience. What is going on inside of us will find its way into our outside world. This is my experience.

Keep your energy high and your focus clear, and in my experience, amazing things happen. Its’ like living in a beautiful bubble of love, a love which protects and provides. Reaching down into ourselves with our attention and bringing that love up to our waking conscious mind is so sweet and powerful. A deeper education and insight, beyond thoughts and reasons, can be found with focus and concentration on silence.

In my opinion it is not about trying to acquire things; as the Qabbalistic saying goes, “From the exhaustless riches of that limitless substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.” Seeing the beauty of the divine expression in all things requires being aware of my own thoughts, my own words, and my actions or deeds. Living in the eternal now in absolute inner silence and speaking from that silence, the miracle of life unfolds.

It all begins with our focus, in my opinion. It is my intention here in this thread to inspire and motivate and not to brow beat.

Namaste
Old 29-02-2024, 05:07 AM
Master
What is clarity? For me clarity is the absence of thought; it is a wide open path cleared of everything. It is transparent, translucent, with no judgment, observing without grasping Yet knowing without reasoning.

I am totally dependant on my deeper being for guidance. It knows things that my mind can never know. I strive to give my deeper being my un-divided attention. Giving attention to my deeper being, it responds giving its attention to me; me that is my conscious wakefulness.

Attention literally means to attend to something. There are many words of power, words that when spoken with focused attention can heal or hurt, among other things. These words are often found in ancient languages, like Latin, Sanskrit, and Hebrew, among others.

Words of power are often used in mantras; repetitive focused speech. We can focus our mind with our attention, we can also focus our speech, and also our actions; these are the three ways which layers of reality take shape for us. For me, planet earth is a planet of awakening, it is as a training ground for our spiritual development as we learn how to soar; in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:46 AM
Master
The giving and receiving of attention; it seems we all need to receive attention from others, although most people are selective in giving attention. We are also selective in the kind of attention we may be seeking.

Receiving no attention can lead to depression and other health issues. Attention, like focused concentration, is how we connect with others. The proverbial “ego” seems to be always seeking some kind of attention.

Giving attention to another person is how we open up to them and let them inside of us. Keeping in mind that we express focused energy from our eyes, indeed from our whole being. The interaction of energy is what we have here on this forum.

It is not people that clash rather it is varying frequencies, or vibrations, which clash. To be in harmony is to be on the wave length or frequency with another, with nature, etc. Although that which we call “negative” can also find others of the same frequency.

Although it is my opinion that positive, uplifting vibrations have a wider and greater bandwidth. We can change our vibration and nurture that change for the better by giving it our constant attention.

Understanding whatever dominant vibration or frequency we possess may control us, and also it most likely will be expressed out into this world. In my opinion, for better or worst we give to each other the work, or lack of work, which we have done on ourselves.