Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-10-2010, 01:50 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Hi Meta,

Truly, you have a wonderfully rich and fully captivating talent for conveying your thoughts! I adored reading your post! It was profoundly thought provoking, and the thinker/feeler that I am was tickled pink with every word! I'm thrilled to the core if this pleases your ego/personality, for I am a bona fide lover of uniqueness and diversity. I feel that being unique is the greatest of gifts that we continually offer to ourselves.

Shine the full light of the beautifully unique expression that you are, and the world is instantly a much brighter place for all.

My greatest passion is the human experience. Connecting in a heartfelt way with the other me's in this world, whether in person, through books or on forums enables me to deepen my own understanding of this unique human adventure that is presently mine, and to joyfully explore the one that we all share collectively. Deepening my understanding of self allows me to lovingly embrace all that I am in each passing moment. As I embrace myself, I embrace the whole of our human family.

Thank you for such a heart-warming response. It makes my heart warm. LOL! I forgot I called it heart-warming, or put it out of mind, and went into a staring contest with the screen here to try to really capture how it made me feel. It touched my heart.. but how...how indeed.... smile first came to mind.. no, heart's don't smile, hmm...skip a beat... no, then she'll think I'm in love with her or something so that's not gonna work...clearly.... plus it didn't even feel like that.. it made it feel... hmm...... warm, yes, that's how it felt, it felt like it warmed my heart. That'll work. Then I type it, only to realize my "hi, hi, thank you, you're welcome" automatic knee-jerk social-reaction-response had already said just that. So I'll leave it because I just typed all this, plus it looks funny as heck when you read it for the first time.

And your response to my question was a lovely one. Thank you. Although I cannot at all relate to it, it did offer me a brief hint of beauty.
Old 31-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_synthesis
Who believes in gravity? "gravity" is a fact. Not the concept of "gravity" but the experience of "gravity" (what you refer to with the concept.)

It's self-evident. I am not talking about self-evident facts.

I don't walk around holding onto the belief in gravity. Do you?

Gravity is an abstract concept that has no real meaning for me. All I know is "what goes up, must come down." Slap whatever label or word on that experience you'd like.

I'll just continue to toss my ball in the air and watch it fall back to me as you make noises with your mouth.

Ya. That's what I mean. Like, ideas of gravity, they are just ideas, not so much believed in. We toss them around via language. To try to explain our experience somewhat. Because we want to Know. We want to be Certain. It makes us feel Solid and Lasting. (does for me anyway)

Before the concept of gravity was thought-up, people still had the same basic experience we have for example. They may have had no concept or explanation for it, but its force was still exerted upon them. But I am talking of the closely held ones. The convictions. The TRUTHS. The deeply held stuff. The ideas you feel the need to defend. Or prove or show others are CORRECT.

You don't feel a need to have your belief in gravity supported (or opposed) because it is a genuine belief; one that you call self evident because you don't question it. This is what belief is about. When you hold what you've been calling a belief that needs to be defended, it's not a belief just an idea that you want to make into a belief.

I talk to folks here about 'no free will' and 'no personhood' and they tell me free will and personhood are self evident. They are not self evident, they're just beliefs that are believed to be beyond question. If you seek support for an idea, it's because you don't believe it.
Old 31-10-2010, 02:54 AM
mahakali

Quote:
Hi :)

What sticks out for me in your post is your talking about the setting of intention. You tell me I should set my intention to something else, perhaps. And later in the post you speak of having set your own intention(s)

But if you read my post closely, you would know that in my experience I don't (as far as I know) have available to me the choice to simply choose whatever intention I'd like. I started it off by saying I wish I was here to just play. Clearly if I had control, I wouldn't wish, I'd just "set" it to that.

How do you just choose what intention you'd like? Give me the play-by-play. Do you first have to desire it before you can set it? Or can you set it to anything at all, anything you choose? How does it work?
it only works when you are trying to do something good, something that will help others or help yourself help others. I dont feel right about breaking it down, i did already but as i was about to press post, I got a bad feeling so i cant do it. this forum is very public and even though ill pretty much tell all usually, this time ill have to pass. id say prayer works the same, prayer and intention IMO are very very similar. let Jesus(or whoever) be your guide and your karma will reflect
Old 31-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
meta_synthesis... Thank you for such a heart-warming response. It makes my heart warm. LOL! I forgot I called it heart-warming, or put it out of mind, and went into a staring contest with the screen here to try to really capture how it made me feel. It touched my heart.. but how...how indeed.... smile first came to mind.. no, heart's don't smile, hmm...skip a beat... no, then she'll think I'm in love with her or something so that's not gonna work...clearly.... plus it didn't even feel like that.. it made it feel... hmm...... warm, yes, that's how it felt, it felt like it warmed my heart. That'll work. Then I type it, only to realize my "hi, hi, thank you, you're welcome" automatic knee-jerk social-reaction-response had already said just that. So I'll leave it because I just typed all this, plus it looks funny as heck when you read it for the first time.

And your response to my question was a lovely one. Thank you. Although I cannot at all relate to it, it did offer me a brief hint of beauty.

Hi Meta,

Your sincerely welcome, and thank you very kindly too for your equally heart-warming response.

One of the nicest feelings of all for me is knowing that I can send a smile directly to someones heart.

While sharing on this forum, my own heart is consistently showered by so many smiles (*and belly clutching giggles too) sent straight through cyberspace by the wonderful members of this community. I'm so very grateful for each and every one that was ever sent to me.

The way I see it, each of us gets blindsided by life's hardships every now and again, so when the difficulties eventually subside, it's time to jump back into the barrel of fun, and exchange as many smiles as we possibly can

By the way, have you ever considered writing a play or a movie? Your words come to life on this type of screen... A stage or a picture screen might be another couple of interesting avenues for you to explore...

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 31-10-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 31-10-2010, 03:53 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
You don't feel a need to have your belief in gravity supported (or opposed) because it is a genuine belief; one that you call self evident because you don't question it. This is what belief is about. When you hold what you've been calling a belief that needs to be defended, it's not a belief just an idea that you want to make into a belief.

I talk to folks here about 'no free will' and 'no personhood' and they tell me free will and personhood are self evident. They are not self evident, they're just beliefs that are believed to be beyond question. If you seek support for an idea, it's because you don't believe it.

LOL!

*tosses his ball up in the air*

Last edited by meta_synthesis : 31-10-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 31-10-2010, 03:53 AM
meta_synthesis

*catches it*
Old 31-10-2010, 03:56 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
it only works when you are trying to do something good, something that will help others or help yourself help others. I dont feel right about breaking it down, i did already but as i was about to press post, I got a bad feeling so i cant do it. this forum is very public and even though ill pretty much tell all usually, this time ill have to pass. id say prayer works the same, prayer and intention IMO are very very similar. let Jesus(or whoever) be your guide and your karma will reflect

(((hugs)))
Old 31-10-2010, 04:02 AM
mahakali

Quote:
Your thoughts on my picture are DEAD on. I am seriously impressed. I took like 30 pictures from different angles and lighting and finally selected one, albiet begrudgingly, haha. I am SOOOOOOO self-conscious.
lol i do the same thing, not so self conscious, but i always look like im aware that my pic is being taken, lol

Old 31-10-2010, 05:01 AM
pre-dawn

We all post for our own benefit. Sometimes other people profit from it but that is purely incidental.

"Let the universe be your guru" - instead of some unknown person who has written a book or whom we have seen from afar for a few minutes.

How can the universe be our guru if we don't test for agreements or disagreements? So, fishing for praise or condemnation is perfectly ok if ones positions is, and remains fluid.
Old 31-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Summerland

Quote:
What is your true purpose and motivation here?

When an idea of a great topic occurs to you, why do you post it? Or a cool idea for a response you read, what do you want to get out of sharing it?

We go to work to make money so we can survive and live comfortably. We eat to satisfy our hunger, and keep the body alive. We have sex because it's enjoyable, or to have children.

We have reasons for why we do certain things and not other things. We have a motivation. We may say it's one thing, but really, it's something else.

The answer that is the truth, and what we wish or hope was the answer, often don't meet up.

They don't for me.

I wish I posted just for fun. To play. I have even said this is why I post, but really it's not. I either wasn't really aware of my true reasons or motivations, or didn't want to admit it to myself. Or a mix.

But every single post I create is for the soul reason of “King Me!”

I want to walk in, and be the Highest Truth. Be like Jesus, part the seas with my stunning clarity. The smartest one, the most level-headed. Ego's basic attitude is, my truth incorporates everyone's truth, thus making my truth the Highest, as far as truth via the level of mind is concerned. There is also an awareness that sees this, and knows it's not the actual Ultimate truth. But it suites ego just perfectly. Since it is the best it can ever get. The highest level it can achieve.

I don't read anyone's post to help them. I only look for what I can use to express some cool insight I can offer to the board, hoping to elicit responses of “Wow! Great Post! You Awe me with your Brilliance.” So I can sit there and read it, smile, nod and agree. Yes, it's true, it was a great post, I am awe-inspiring, clearly I am brilliant.

*takes a puff of his pipe*

I have no interest in helping anyone here. It's not because I see people are beyond help, don't want, need it, or I am not not capable of helping them, no, I just don't care. If they find what I say helpful, awesome. That's great!! RoCk oN! But it's not my intention. My intention is to get an ego-thrill.

Take this post for example. I am secretly (or not so secretly, LOL) hoping for responses that are somewhere along the lines of “your honesty astounds me!” or “The openness you exude is remarkable.”

*takes another puff*

I also want to avoid this moment. Avoid realizing profoundly it is the only “moment” there is. Avoid “stillness.” Avoid it because if I become aware of awareness, the jig is up, and ego goes bye-bye.

Can't have that.

For about a year and a half now, I have had no questions. I could be standing next to the most Enlightened Master ever to grace the earth, and I would have not a single question.

I would enjoy being in his or her presence, of course, and I would very much like to stare into their eyes. But I have no questions. If I were forced to ask questions, I could come up with thousands. But I do not require any question-and-answer sessions.

Questions exist only on the level of mind, and refer to only ideas, concepts. If you know anything of this awakening thing, you know concepts are only helpful up to a point. For me, they were only helpful to realize they wern't needed in the first place. The question is, was interest and fascination in ideas and pointers and concepts, debating them endlessly, necessary, to realize they are in fact unnecessary?

From one perspective, yes. From another, no.

Once you know that concepts are not IT and do not lead to IT, and continue to mull over them, they become a hindrance rather than a help.

So, although my primary motivation here is to appear Smarter than the rest of you mere peons, I am also partly curious as well. Because I see some pretty aware folks here engaging in what I would describe as retarded and pointless conversations/debates. And I wonder to myself, why they take so much time out of their day to take part in this.

BTW, if you find my picture Deep, Mysterious, Powerful, and can feel the deep Stillness, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me. I promise to tell you that you're really aware to have noticed that, and I'll add a few more things depending on my sense of you, and we can enter into a mutual ego-stroaking session. It'll be great fun. I promise.

Well Meta, nice of you to ask why others post, but since you said that you don't really care, then I won't bother to tell you why I post. Glad that you have such a great friend in and of yourself. Vaguely interesting post ,by the way.