Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
There is no duality in one who runs into a burning building to save another or in a parent who stays up all night holding a sick child's hand.
Unselfish love ends duality and boundaries.
Fish that care for their offspring or eat their offspring …. It all happens in water.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I already know the structure of this is an argument, and I can see what it's all about, and though I'm not involved in that sort of thing, I'm glad you have actually written what could be a paragraph.

It's sad to read that you have seen an ' Argument ' in my reply, but that's your prerogative... It's not the amount of words used that are important it's the words themselves that matter.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Well, stones absorb a lot of energy too.
Like big boulders by a wartime trench can ‘transport’ one to the past and the darkness of all that fear is palpable still - in the now.

I have visited many Stone Circles but never experienced something like Stonehenge before, a very weird feeling but as you say it all happened in ' The now '.

I couldn't even say it was a feeling of fear rather a nauseating atmosphere in a specific area which felt like an invisible barrier which I needed to cross.
If stones could speak
Old 10-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I have visited many Stone Circles but never experienced something like Stonehenge before, a very weird feeling but as you say it all happened in ' The now '.

I couldn't even say it was a feeling of fear rather a nauseating atmosphere in a specific area which felt like an invisible barrier which I needed to cross.
If stones could speak
Yeah, I do know about ‘invisible barriers’.
I have visited Sacred Sites (but this is in nature) and all of a sudden as you enter that invisible barrier you really are in a different atmosphere altogether.
It ‘shifts’ your awareness.
But those had been very ‘spiritually aligning’ – so I kinda go into a semi-trance with them.

If you ever come to Australia and visit the Centre – check out Uluru and Kata Tjuta for their very differing 'energy-fields'.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I found and read the whole article (link below) and the last paragraph is interesting to me:

“In maha ati we are not talking about gaining ground or losing ground, or how we settle down and find our way around. Instead we are talking about how we can develop headroom. Headroom, or the space above us, is the important thing. We are interested in how space could provide us with a relationship to reality, to the world.”

Reality, the world is not part of ‘space’, but in relationship to space.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ue+Pancake.pdf

What he is talking about is silence in daily life at the local mind level.

It's all stages.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
If I was you, I wouldn't worry about sentient

JL

Not sure why you have to quote and then edit my posts to say things I didn't say.

Lack of integrity?
Old 10-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

If stones could speak

Did these bad feelings at Stonehenge change anything in your day or week or travel plans? I have a theory about what happened to you but it requires some change in your life/behavior that resulted from your intense feelings that day.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
What he is talking about is silence in daily life at the local mind level.

It's all stages.

Good point!

Being silent/quiet is probably the hardest thing to do......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 10-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Did these bad feelings at Stonehenge change anything in your day or week or travel plans? I have a theory about what happened to you but it requires some change in your life/behavior that resulted from your intense feelings that day.

Nothing changed after this particular experience. I wouldn't see it as a bad experience just very unpleasant and extremely strange to what I normally feel when picking up energy...

Maybe I need to do less practice, don't know at the moment, not to sure but this happened a few years ago and since then nothing has changed regarding my practice....
Old 10-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What I say is utterly mundane, its just a bit of pain in my ankle and the breeze of the fan blowing on my legs, but I know what it's like, immediately, the way it just happens to be.

Isn't calling/defining something as "mundane" also a mental interpretation by "someone?" Recognizing myself as myself, as the perceiver in this body is obvious, but what "this is" apart from my internal "person" noise is more than mundane isn't it? It is wondrous being, nothing is dragging it down or puffing it up. It is awareness without a center, without a self border. It is holiness or at least a step down that path. But then it can also be described as nothing at all for no one. I think language is always an issue so maybe you are describing what I am in your way. Everything said can be taken multiple ways. Like I just described "mental interpretation" in a negative context and it is so in what I am linking that to be in my experience, but then I could also say I am involved in the discernment memory based questioning involved in putting the self away, and couldn't this also be called mental interpretation? But a boat recognized as being in the water has to be brought to shore. The words are the same eh...."mental interpretation." But then "what is mental-ing?" Writing a recipe how to make a cake verses explaining how to make a cake verses eating a cake and knowing/experiencing what that is non-verbally....

Forums are a place for expressing mental activity, for thoughts, for awareness to be focused on thoughts and thinking, mental interpretation, but they point to taking the boat to shore, to non-verbally eating the cake, experiencing the cake, beyond the conceptual description which can never be imaginary but only available in the "mundane" present now. But yea nothing mundane about the now when one has recognized mental activity as not self I don't think. It is special. Inner freedom/liberation is not mundane. But it could be! When no one is there to name it, it could be anything at all. It is both nothing to nobody and everything to all.

Everything someone says is truth to them in that moment. It is attention on mind, and putting those thoughts to paper, typing them out on a keyboard, or saying them aloud to someone else, or even just thinking them. Here it is, here is reality and "truth" now, these are my present thoughts, this is what is presented to my awareness right now in this moment. It is simply known as true, as undisputed truth. Everything read is true on that level, in the speaker or tellers mind. But then the truth of now as silence or "without personal meaning" is also true. How everyone is in the exact same space/place. How it is, what I am, when my attention is not on the things in my mind. Then we are exactly the same. Within and without. When simple being, love and acceptance, non-resistance to what is, is present.