Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 13-01-2011, 11:57 AM
dafydd

Spirit Animal

I have been told that my spirit animal is a fox, but on other occasions, a panther or tiger and an octopus.

What is your Spirit Animal, or what animal do you associate yourself with?
Old 13-01-2011, 12:20 PM
kleenex

what do spirit animals do?
Old 16-01-2011, 02:06 AM
white_monarch

Kleenex, as far as I know and see it, Spirit Animals act as guides and teachers. They also tend to share certain characteristics with their 'owners'. They're there to offer strength, guidance, and help.

My totem animals, or spirit animals are the crocodile and snake, at least as far as I've been told.
Old 16-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Master
I feel spiritually connected to humpback whales, i cry when i see them and they come to me(long story so i will refrain from sharing at this point)... so i feel they are my totem animal, i could be wrong, but it feels right...
Old 17-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Oak Goblinfrost

Cat

I wonder what my spirit animal is, i always used to think it was a cat, because i met a cat one day on a walk and felt connected to it very strongly.
But when i took horse riding lessons i felt connected to horses....
So, a horse or a cat... maybe im wrong.
I dont know. ><
Old 17-01-2011, 10:34 PM
themaster

I was told my spirit animals were "black panther" "hummingbird" and "giraffe"

Now I did not do the exercise myself.. so I just go with my "reading" knowledge

Cool things about panther..

- "means reclaiming ones true power"
- gets a lot of night energy
- “It gives the ability to go beyond what has been imagined, with opportunity to do so with discipline and control. It is the spirit of imminent rebirth.”

Cool things about hummingbird..

- Only bird out there that can fly backwards
- likes sweets, a lot
- But mostly, it is known for ‘accomplishing that which seems impossible.”

Cool things about giraffe

- can see very far.. has a knowing..
- Giraffe’s long neck symbolizes the “bridge to help cross over into new realms and new perception.” The combined attributes of giraffe are being able to see beyond the now and higher mental abilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafydd
I have been told that my spirit animal is a fox, but on other occasions, a panther or tiger and an octopus.
Yah, the spirit animal book.. says you can change often etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Goblinfrost
I wonder what my spirit animal is, i always used to think it was a cat, because i met a cat one day on a walk and felt connected to it very strongly.
But when i took horse riding lessons i felt connected to horses....
So, a horse or a cat... maybe im wrong.
I dont know. ><
This is the defacto book on the subject by my understanding.. “Animal-Speak” by Ted Andrews

The defintions from my free reading are from that.. which I later read/checked myself..
Old 18-01-2011, 07:01 AM
neptune13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafydd

What is your Spirit Animal, or what animal do you associate yourself with?

The "Cognitive" abilities of the "Gentle Intelligent Octopus" are the things that I admire and adhere to at this present time.
The hidden yet mysterious strength of "The Panther and The Tiger" are going to be our treasures in the future because mankind seems to be embracing the "Mind (Cognitive) Animal and needs to hold on to the "Physical Strength" that other creatures have to share.
Old 18-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Oak Goblinfrost

Ummmm 'Themaster'
I dont quite get what you mean? im new here, so umm, wha?
hahah ^^ btw, do you like doctor who? (there is a guy called the master from in) so i just wondered =D
Old 18-01-2011, 01:39 PM
white_monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Goblinfrost
Ummmm 'Themaster'
I dont quite get what you mean? im new here, so umm, wha?
hahah ^^ btw, do you like doctor who? (there is a guy called the master from in) so i just wondered =D

I believe themaster was giving you the title of a book you could use as a resource to either figure your totems out, or read more about the ones you think they are.
Old 18-01-2011, 06:33 PM
doombadger

Hello

Id like to share a recent encounter where my own totem animal revealed itself to me. It's slightly long, as I need to set the scene. But hopefully it will encourage others to share their own stories about totem animal experiences.

After a particularly intense end to 2010, during which the lord opted to visit flood, illness and a gaggle of weird, plausibly dangerous people upon me- I was left rather expired.

An opportunity arose to engage in some honest manual work in the countryside. I was glad of it.

The nature of the work isn't really relevant, but the location is. A very large 19th Century dilapidated linen mill that is now slowly being renovated into small business units.

Situated some 200 meters of the main road the mill is surrounded by many acres of arable land. A row of houses is set some way to the rear. A stream runs adjacent.

Within the various outhouses and main body of the building are (as far as I can discern) 4 operational businesses. A mechanics, a food wholesale/distributor, a blacksmith's and the one I work for.

The mill is probably occupied at 1/10th capacity and the business's spaced quite far apart. The 60 square meters or so we occupy (divided into 2 stores and 1 office) is right at the back of the building, through 2 court yards, and down a long corridor. It would be very hard to find unless you knew about it.

Well. The other morning I was walking into work, I was in good form as id got my Australian work visa the night before. I crossed the bridge and noticed a goose far of in the distance. Paying no heed I continued up to and through the mill.

Morning passed to lunch. I went outside to eat my sandwiches and see if any of the lads from the garage were about for a bit of banter. They weren't.

But far in the distance I noticed the goose. It was staring at me! I stared at it for a little while, finished my lunch and headed up through the mill and down the corridor back to work.

Around 5pm I'm finishing up in the office, signing of order emails. When I thought- 'wonder how that goose is getting on?' I turned around and there he was! Just standing in the doorway just looking at me! He (or she) had shuffled all the way through the mill and was just standing there!

I walked over to the Goose quite cautiously, it was fairly big and I didn't fancy getting pecked- or worse. It just stood there, calmly looking directly at me.

We had a bit of a moment. I'm still not sure what kind of a moment, but I think the Goose was trying to tell me something. Some ancient animal wisdom maybe. It was unusual. But there where practicalities to deal with.

What to do with a Goose at 5pm. I had to act fast. He couldn't stay here and he couldn't move to the city. I phoned the local vet who were surprisingly dismissive. Eventually the receptionist suggested I bring him in. They would contact Millvale animal rescue, hopefully someone there was still around.

This posed a problem. Although I was fairly comfortable around the Goose I hadn't dared touch him yet. I instinctively knew he wasn't going to enjoy being trussed up in a mail sack and driven into town.

The Goose sensed my plan and became agitated. When I picked up the sack and started toward him he took of like, well a Goose.

Eventually I cornered him and after a struggle (this was a weighty Goose) I got him in the bag and cable tied. Not once did I get pecked. Or worse.

Once inside the bag the Goose relaxed enough for me to pat his head. He knew I'd let no harm come to him. We drove up to the vet's in the transit of one of the guys from the garage. He thought this was great craic. So did I. But I was perhaps more acutely aware of this particular goose's significance.

Bar the odd ruffle of the feathers, probably due to Goose cramp, Goose was remarkably well behaved on the journey. I began to wonder if he needed the bag at all.

The vet's receptionist wasn't too impressed to see us land in. I suspect she was looking home for her tea. The man from Millvale was going to be some time. A farmer in the vet's asked me if he could have the goose. I nearly said yes, but the malevolence in his eyes betrayed him. So I told him this particular goose had a prior engagement.

The receptionist told me I had to wait outside with goose as she was closing up. It was about 6 so fair enough. I went into the bar next door to get a quick pint. It had been thirsty work, but they wouldn't let Goose in- political correctness gone mad.

Eventually the Millvale man turned up. He seemed happy to be getting a Goose and assured me he wouldn't be cooked but would live out his (or her) days in peace.

After searching on the internet I am certain that I have met my totem animal.

Totem animals reveal themselves to people when the time is right. For me getting a Goose totem after I get my Australian work visa is highly significant. After all don't Geese migrate in the winter! Perhaps i'd of liked a more 'glamorous' totem animal- a wise owl, a cunning fox maybe. But you don't choose your totem animal- it chooses you!

How you treat your totem animal is very important. I believe I did right by mine.

I suppose some of the more cynical types might be like 'Goose wanders over from field shocker' But if you read carefully you will see there is more to it than that. I'd be very interested to hear about other peoples totem animal experiences and how they dealt with them.

Thanks for reading and happy new year.