Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Mind-ego sees experience this way.
As it evaluates to some degree, every significant experience, everyone it encounters.

Mind-ego seeks to judge , evaluate , in order to understand-categorize.
Duality implies polarity, but I feel it's primarily the evaluation-judging that places ourselves as separate from what we perceive.

Heart does not separate-evaluate, as it perceives the oneness we all share.

The great sages express it far more eloquently, and one would do well to read elsewhere for a better explanation.

Or meditate on this for a personal view, from the hearts perspective-wisdom, and glimpse the oneness beyond duality.

Perhaps this is why Buddhism emphasizes compassion, (experiencing life from the heart).
Why read what others say, that is only second-hand knowledge, experience it for your self, you are already that.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why read what others say, that is only second-hand knowledge, experience it for your self, you are already that.

Well many folks seek explanations, rather than experience.
And this has been discussed for eons by sages, as you know.

BTW, you & others might be shocked by how little of our "knowledge" is first hand, direct experience.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Well many folks seek explanations, rather than experience.
And this has been discussed for eons by sages, as you know.

BTW, you & others might be shocked by how little of our "knowledge" is first hand, direct experience.
Now your talking, direct experience, but even that experience can never bring another to their own experience, you can only point the way, the experience itself can never be what IS.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I often heard the word duality spoken in connection with spiritual journey. I must be missing something, as I don't see the connection , why do people make such a big deal about duality ?

can anyone help explain ?

Dream Angel xx

What you are is what there is. There can be no duality when you realize what you are because what you are is what there is and you are what ever you are. But thats it, just what you are, ..........I can't say it, but I know it..........There is no opposite to what I am because I am what is and the opposite of what is is isn't.......Isn't doesn't exist, just what is which is I.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Duality is an illusion, of course we need to use this illusion to live as a human being, just as we use the illusion of time, .............

Time is an illusion?
What about the earth "spinning"? The universe "expanding"? Flowers 'growing'?
That all happens in time.....no?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Master
It is easy to make up something which is untrue, call it 'duality', then say it isn't the truth.

There's also the saying which goes, "you cant have 'One' without 'The Other'."
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Time is an illusion?
What about the earth "spinning"? The universe "expanding"? Flowers 'growing'?
That all happens in time.....no?
But who made time, and where is it, is it tangible, of course not.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
But who made time, and where is it, is it tangible, of course not.
It seems to me that a sense of "timelessness", after the fact, is what is not tangible, during the "state". It is just a sense, that one has afterwards of being absorbed into a given situation with no sense of time.
Time, however, is tangible in the ways I mentioned and more (the earth spinning, flowers growing).
Why ask who made time.......I don't follow your point?
Is the earth spinning? Is that not an indication that time is not an illusion.

Last edited by BlueSky : 05-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
perfect earth

Duality is give and recieve. It is ebb and flow. It is a manifestation of spiritual balance, of evolution. It is not opposites acting destructive to eachother, it is facets of wholeness, allowing expanding light and growth. Allowing us to percieve and to understand, allowing facets to speak and to listen, and to learn and to grow.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Duality is an illusion, of course we need to use this illusion to live as a human being, just as we use the illusion of time, its not denying what seems to be duality, but realizing that all is truly ONE, that we are not the illusion of the mind body, that we are pure Essence, this also is to realize what love is, love is knowing that we are all ONE, and therefore if you love your SELF you must also love ALL, for all is ONE.
Hey, don't start turning this into a love-fest!!!

Duality - ah, Grasshopper there are many dimensions - here in this 3rd dimension
there is an agreement to experience separation (the ultimate duality)...to only find unity yet again,
and to see there was never really any separation at all.
The ebb and flow as was said - it's the Paradox - nothing is what it seems here.
And yet it is exactly what it seems...how can that be?

That made no sense did it?

To some of us it did.
As much as 'listening to one hand clapping' - which I completely understand.

I'm no help, am I?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru