Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-03-2014, 11:50 PM
joelr

Wouldn't things like "right choice and wrong choice" be purely subjective?
Any choice only has meaning when you judge it, but it's impossible to always make correct judgments.

Say you find a bottle of painkillers in your medicine cabinet a roommate left behind. You decide to catch a buzz once in a while which leads to seeking out a dealer and a full out opiate addiction.
Would seem like a bad choice. But later you see it led you to join recovery groups where you learned spirituality so now it's a good choice.

In physics positive and negative charge are not subjective. There is a third group also, neutral.
Old 29-03-2014, 12:54 AM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I don't see it as my failure, but a theory to create a wholeness or equality will fail if 1 person is left out. Not just on my own.

I don't understand you. When you say 'person' do you mean real live people? Do you include people who once lived, and ideas such as angels and demons?

???
Old 29-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by William
I don't understand you. When you say 'person' do you mean real live people? Do you include people who once lived, and ideas such as angels and demons?

???

It would apply to any conscious life, the guidelines for such I am not able to specify with any accuracy. However as for demons and angels, it would seem to me a conscious aspect.

I have also wondered. If we exist within a eternal body or spirit, wouldn't that mean it was alive in the beginning? It would have to always be alive "eternal". Its very possible we ourselves are the angels and demons in our spirit form, with God the gravity that holds them together.
Old 29-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr
Wouldn't things like "right choice and wrong choice" be purely subjective?
Any choice only has meaning when you judge it, but it's impossible to always make correct judgments.

Say you find a bottle of painkillers in your medicine cabinet a roommate left behind. You decide to catch a buzz once in a while which leads to seeking out a dealer and a full out opiate addiction.
Would seem like a bad choice. But later you see it led you to join recovery groups where you learned spirituality so now it's a good choice.

In physics positive and negative charge are not subjective. There is a third group also, neutral.

Most of my theory is based around the neutral, I tried not to focus too much on pos and neg.

I would say this was a bad situation turned good, but good may have been had without said addiction. I don't live a sterile life, but I don't overdo it either. You can go crazy staying in a box all the time, its good to get out once in a while just keep it cool.

As with most addictions they are hiding or trying to turn off a part of themselves. So this may be a choice but it is also a consequence of choices that others have done to them.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:57 PM
William

Quote:
It would apply to any conscious life, the guidelines for such I am not able to specify with any accuracy. However as for demons and angels, it would seem to me a conscious aspect.

I have also wondered. If we exist within a eternal body or spirit, wouldn't that mean it was alive in the beginning? It would have to always be alive "eternal". Its very possible we ourselves are the angels and demons in our spirit form, with God the gravity that holds them together.

What would you call this one consciousness?
Old 30-03-2014, 04:10 PM
William

Some might call it 'god' but do you think this is the best name for it, since 'god' is usually associated with 'good' (the +) which of course is separated from 'evil' (the -) but essentially the idea of 'god' could just as well be (the 0).

Collective consciousness...
Old 30-03-2014, 04:13 PM
William

Quote:

I can accept the idea from that position and also from a position in which the brain creates consciousness but consciousness survives the brain.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Ascender
Sorry William not sure why these didn't show up as new posts!!

I tend to call it whatever the person best associates to it, as a title isnt needed for the understanding of it.

I would agree, consciousness survives our human brain. I am perty sure the memories are saved though. Like, doing actions is like cutting the lines in a vinyl record. Expanding outward in wave form (equal and opposite).
Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM
William

Quote:
Sorry William not sure why these didn't show up as new posts!!

I tend to call it whatever the person best associates to it, as a title isnt needed for the understanding of it.

I would agree, consciousness survives our human brain. I am perty sure the memories are saved though. Like, doing actions is like cutting the lines in a vinyl record. Expanding outward in wave form (equal and opposite).

:)

There is more grey area than black and white. I look at spiral galaxies as kind of information discs.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 PM
William

Quote:

Sometimes I do see it that way. Consciousness and the physical universe seem to be oxymoron.

What the hey are we doing here?

:)

Nonetheless here we are.

If you have read Tom Campbell, he understands that consciousness evolved from 'the void' (much the same way scientists generally think consciousness evolved from the brain) but I tend to think it could have always existed and that Tom's T.O.E. 'begins' at the void and extends out from that point, fractal-like exploring possibilities...but to me it looks more like a trail which suggests a search for meaning and purpose and essentially a search for the SELF.

Imagine looking at the void and wondering at the mindlessness of such a 'parent'.

No other consciousness to explain to you what you are.

So the void represents a beginning, and as far as I can tell, anything with a beginning always has a source (just as the void is Tom's explanation for the source of consciousness) and in his opinion there is no need (or rational necessity) to wonder on anything to do with 'what created the void' (because it can not be penetrated, apparently) but the easiest explanation is that Consciousness has always existed and possibly the void represents the expression of that consciousness wondering what a beginning would be like and designing a way of experiencing that.

'We' are the consequence of that action. Consciousness fragmented and trying to understand itself.

Our physical universe is but one 'path' created to explore that question...we know what it is like to have a beginning (as well as what it is like to have others who have been here before us, tell us what we are) but ultimately we each decide 'what we are' and of necessity also have to include 'others' in that evaluation.

(-)&(+) seem to be the means by which more paths are created to explore. (0) thus represents that path we are on where the need to know 'who' we are is now answered.