Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Mothwing

I think in the end we are all really different aspects of one being, so it seems natural to think of a spirit guide as some external/psychological/spiritual representation of your higher self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
How much trust do you have in yourself? How much external validation do you need?

Yep, I think your answers to those questions would settle it. Really, whether it's a spirit guide or your higher self, it's still good to connect with it, so whatever works for ya!
Old 28-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Master
Some people are not able to trust themselves and must externalize their journey. Religions that put God outside of self are examples of this.

For others, the guides represent different facets of their personality. Perhaps one could be the seductive female, representing the second chakra and offering advice on matters pertaining to it. Another might be a gruff warrior, helping out with resolving conflict

Then of course there are wandering spirits who seek to help (or hinder) us. Just as we may find physical friends that help us on our journey there are many beings around that don't bother with bodies. If you are able to proceed without the help of these spirits they will likely just leave you alone

My advice is this: When on your spiritual journey, never put a limitation on it. Stay open to any idea, no matter the source. Always consider and evaluate each idea on your own and decide for yourself what its significance may be. Remember also that anyone can be wrong, even a spirit guide. Trust them to help you but this is still your journey and you must decide what is right for you.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 28-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Master
Good thread

How high do we each individually think we are .. what is the true measurement of higher self... thus why not go to highest loving source obtainable.
How do we each know how far our own souls have developed or will develop???

Just my own beliefs :)
Love and light
Cheers
Old 28-01-2011, 03:34 PM
3dnow

We can of course choose to get connected with other beings, but I think connection with our own higher self is a must because otherwise this is a sign of lack of self love and acceptance. These are obstacles between us and our higher self imho.

Each time I get connected with my self I learn priceless lessons so I trust and focus on my own self.

My self knows me better than anyone else.

3dnow
Old 28-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Time

id depends on your veiw of both......

to me, your higher self, is your consiousness thats bound to everything else, including the universe.

Guides, no matter how i look at it, are jsut facests of your psyche. That doesnt say that guides dont exsist... But to each person, things represent different things. Some see a spirit guide, while some see an angel, while I see yourself answering yourself. That doesnt mean it isnt as profound, but liberating to know you help yourself.

Not to say, that you arent picking up some information from your higherself ( which is still YOU)
Old 28-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,
Why do we need spirit guides, why our higher self is not enough as a guide? Because we don't love ourself enough (in which case higher self connection is difficult) and we need others?
What do you think?
Thanks,
I dunno bec they are just "there" and that's their "job"?

I love myself way too much.
I had a hard time getting out of the bathtub last night and going out
on my date.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothwing
Really, whether it's a spirit guide or your higher self, it's still good to connect with it, so whatever works for ya!

That's the one. However, something does make me wonder though. If we are all One, is it about Inner Self vs Spirit Guides after all? If we are One then are they all One and the same?

Is it better to have a sexy little sports job or a 4x4???