Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 17-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Adolph Hitler carried a Gita and saw himself as a modern day Arjuna fighting a 'just' war. So although the Gita is a beautiful peaceful book that has inspired millions, it's not infallible. Gotten in the wrong hands and grossly misinterpreted, just like anything else, it can be scary stuff.

So true of something so potent as the Gita.

That is why, I am sure, that Prabhupada emphasised the importance of following the four regulative principles and chanting on the beads

http://www.harekrishnatemple.com/4regs.html

http://prabhupadabooks.com/d.php?qg=5363

Those who are not following Vaiṣṇava principles, one should not hear from him." Why? It is Kṛṣṇa-kathā, Kṛṣṇa's. Now sarpocchiṣṭa-payo yathā: "Milk is very good, but as soon as it is touched by a serpent, it is no more good. It is harmful." So one must be Vaiṣṇava. Unless one is Vaiṣṇava, there is injunction, "Don't hear from him. It will be poisonous." So one who is not following Vaiṣṇava principle, he cannot speak about Vaiṣṇava principle. It is harmful. That is forbidden by ācāryas, Sanātana Gosvāmī. If somebody says, "What is the harm? He is chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa..." He cannot chant. That is a show-bottle chant. That is not effective. But even taking that "Anyone who is chanting, let me hear," no, Sanātana Gosvāmī says, "No, don't hear." It will be harmful more than... In other words, if you are not following the Vaiṣṇava principle, you don't chant.
Old 18-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Adolph Hitler carried a Gita and saw himself as a modern day Arjuna fighting a 'just' war. So although the Gita is a beautiful peaceful book that has inspired millions, it's not infallible. Gotten in the wrong hands and grossly misinterpreted, just like anything else, it can be scary stuff.

I think Gita is infallible. It does not pass in hands of potential victims or evil doers. Kalpana Chawla though Hindu did not carry BG with her like her sister and met a tragic end.

Adolf Hitler was born as Christian and became an atheist. I do not know if he had his personal Gita and claimed himself as a modern day Arjuna fighting a 'just' war. If he did so he was right.

When Europe was reeling under Turk invasion in Middle ages, a large number of innocent Christian women and children were slaughtered by them. To award punishment under the 'Law of Retribution' Nature made the Culprit Turks to be born as innocent Jews and killed by a Christian Hitler a Nature's agent. So he was right in claiming himself as a modern day Arjuna fighting a 'just' war. In past, Ravan though originally a devotee came in a different role to accomplish Nature's plan.
Old 18-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
So true of something so potent as the Gita.

That is why, I am sure, that Prabhupada emphasised the importance of following the four regulative principles and chanting on the beads

http://www.harekrishnatemple.com/4regs.html

http://prabhupadabooks.com/d.php?qg=5363

Those who are not following Vaiṣṇava principles, one should not hear from him." Why? It is Kṛṣṇa-kathā, Kṛṣṇa's. Now sarpocchiṣṭa-payo yathā: "Milk is very good, but as soon as it is touched by a serpent, it is no more good. It is harmful." So one must be Vaiṣṇava. Unless one is Vaiṣṇava, there is injunction, "Don't hear from him. It will be poisonous." So one who is not following Vaiṣṇava principle, he cannot speak about Vaiṣṇava principle. It is harmful. That is forbidden by ācāryas, Sanātana Gosvāmī. If somebody says, "What is the harm? He is chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa..." He cannot chant. That is a show-bottle chant. That is not effective. But even taking that "Anyone who is chanting, let me hear," no, Sanātana Gosvāmī says, "No, don't hear." It will be harmful more than... In other words, if you are not following the Vaiṣṇava principle, you don't chant.

Four Principles and Chanting holy name are the most useful and important discovery in spirituality by Prabhupada. I am following it strictly for past 36 years. And if you mean my words are like milk touched by serpent then you are seriously mistaken. Krishna gives BUDDHI only to those who are near and dear to HIM like me.

Vaishnava is a sect and is not meant for everybody in the world. Sanatan Goswami is right to say ," if you are not following the Vaiṣṇava principle, you don't chant."
Old 18-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Four Principles and Chanting holy name are the most useful and important discovery in spirituality by Prabhupada. I am following it strictly for past 36 years. And if you mean my words are like milk touched by serpent then you are seriously mistaken. Krishna gives BUDDHI only to those who are near and dear to HIM like me.

I don't think the passage will be referring to people like you or myself I think it refers to those who are attempting to translate the Vedic literatures and pass them off as Bona fide...so even with good intentions they will be misleading people.

I suppose it will also be aimed at those who pretend to follow correctly yet are using faulty translations for their own ends.

I don't follow srictly but I have tried in the past and the experience confirmed to me that Prabhupada is a bona fide spiritual leader.
Old 19-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Experiencer

Who are you under a disguised alias ? You are talking about Milk, serpent, bona fide ? Are you a bonafide snake charmer willing to translate Vedic Literature? you are free to do so.

Prabhupad a Great Personality who changed my life is no more. Though respected BG prohibits worshiping dead no matter how elevated.
Old 20-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Who are you under a disguised alias ? You are talking about Milk, serpent, bona fide ? Are you a bonafide snake charmer willing to translate Vedic Literature? you are free to do so.

Prabhupad a Great Personality who changed my life is no more. Though respected BG prohibits worshiping dead no matter how elevated.

Maybe I am not putting my words correctly you seem to be misunderstanding what I have to say.

That passage was from Prabhupada and I think it refered to false translators and Gurus trying to interpret vedic literature in their own way.

I don't attempt to translate I accept that Prabhupada's translations are the correct ones.

(Don't forget you and I are saying Prabhupada is the correct translator we are not saying we know better, although it does feel somewhat contradictory for me saying it as I am not following correctly but have done at one stage and it made me realise Parbhupada's authenticity, so I am not asking people to listen to me regarding the Vedas I ws simply pointing to a bona fide source)