Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Master
So sorry for your loss, Jim.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, Sarian.

Jim
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
No I do not regret the marriage I was once in. Divorced now. We share a child together so I see him often. The man hes become now should have been the man I married. lol.

The experience has shown me a lot. Like who I am. What do I want. I do not know if I would ever marry again.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
BlueOwl

I hate to try and regret anything.

I was pressured along with my ex hsuband into marrying by his parents because I fell pregnant out of wedlock and they disaproved of this badly. Right from the start they were in our ears and his mum made our lifes almost like hell and what should of been a happy time ( pregnancy ) a misery. He never thought to ask me to marry me and only did because she pressured him. We were together only 18 months when I became pregnant and was living with our parents still. We were still not taking our r.ship serious at the time and just enjoying life but we stepped up when I fell pregnant. We were both in our mid 20s and working and was happy to be parents. We married really for a peaceful life in the end. We was not thinking about our own needs but everyone elses instead. We married when I was 8 months. It was all organsied within 7 weeks by the people in hus church. All low key at his parents church. Nothing fancy and 3 weeks later I gave birth and 3 weeks after that we moved in together into our own place.. My dad became ill with a servere bipolar episode just before I gave birth and I ended up with pnd due to regretting marrying him and the stress of everything. I realised I didn't love him and we split 2 years later. He told me he would never of asked me then if his mum had not went on about it. We was just dealing with the fact of becoming parents for the first time. His mum was fine soon as we got married. Nice as pie. She was really not nice to us before hand. I wish I could of been stronger and stood upto her. Not saying it is her fault as I had my own mouth. We would of split eventually I feel anyway but we have a beautiful little 3 year old and we get on great now seperated but do not regret splitting.
My family tried to stop me because they knew we was getting pressure esp as my mum was in the exact same postion as me when she was 20 when pregnant with my eldest brother. My nan pressured her and my dad to marry. It was history repeating set she put up with an unhappy marriage for 10 years and I got out. She said she wished she had the guts but it was still hard to work a way and I felt a complete failure. Onwards and upwards though. Little un is happy because she has 2 happy parents I have also learnt from the experience about myself.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM
mattie

Views On Having To Marry Changing

I was married for a decade. Good riddance! I’m now in a long-term relationship that has lasted 50% longer than the marriage did.

Many are not feeling the societal pressure & stigmas they would have decades ago to HAVE to marry.
Old 15-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Caillin

I think sometimes marriages cannot continue in a healthy way. There are factors beyond our control. I do not regret my marriage and I do not regret the years we were together. He developed addictions and became violent and abusive and I had no choice but to leave. I guess I can't regret that either. I think I am trying not to regret things at all.