Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 AM
jlynpierce1121

Love, Guilt, and Craziness

I cheated on my husband of 8 years last night. I feel there are some strange things going on in my head lately, and sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I love my husband, just the physical attraction has left. Not sure why all these odd thoughts are churning in my head. I'm usually a down'to earth, nice person. I've cried more in the last 2 weeks than in the last five years.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
((Hugs)) to you. You need quiet time to sort through your thoughts and find your truth. Maybe try meditation if you don't aleady? Or even a little get away where you could journal and sort out what ever it is that needs to come out. I wish you well on finding your way.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

Welcome to the forums btw.

I'm sorry to hear what has happened, maybe you should try reconnecting with your husband, what has happened recently that has made you fall out of that physical attraction with him?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Greg Scott

I recommend journaling and trying to just get everything out. It might help clarify what's really going on underneath everything.

I really feel for you; that sounds like a lot of guilt and terrible feelings. Definitely take a little vacation from things as much as you can. Whatever you do, don't beat up on yourself about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynpierce1121
I cheated on my husband of 8 years last night. I feel there are some strange things going on in my head lately, and sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I love my husband, just the physical attraction has left. Not sure why all these odd thoughts are churning in my head. I'm usually a down'to earth, nice person. I've cried more in the last 2 weeks than in the last five years.

Sometimes it is very hard to appreciate that we are both physical animals and eternal spiritual beings. The term duality describes this condition most appropriately.

One of my all time favorite books is "The Erotic Silence of the American Wife" by Dalma Heyn. That book would explain in very simple ways the very things that you are experiencing. At one point it talks about " the Power of "Undazzling" Men". It goes on to explain why raw attraction is never a consideration when selecting a husband.

I encourage you to be kind to yourself about this event. As a culture we are most ignorant and uninformed about a great many thinks.

I hope these insights are helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Osian

I've done it too so big hugs to you. It's great you can come on here and share your feelings, i hope you find the answer you are looking for. From personal experience i know the kind of frustration & guilt you will be feeling. Everything happens for a reason, everything is perfect and life shows us where we can grow spiritually. Generally speaking if someone is feeling guilty that usually means an amend needs to be made to someone somewhere.
I would look at what it is you fear, are you coming from a place of fear? worried about hurting him etc, also what we give out we get back so i would definetly think about that one.

Life is to be enjoyed & not feared & no one is perfect! but i will say it's best to be honest, i cheated & it came back to nip me on the bum and it hurt ALOT, then i realised what to do and not to do. Best of luck. HL xx
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Master
jlyn... My suggestion is to have some honest conversations with your husband, since it seems your connection has broken down. Simply saying what you feel and listening to him may make a difference.

Xan