Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 23-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Master
We are conditioned to think in 3 dimensions (4 if you subscribe to spacetime, where time is also a dimension). The spiritual 'realm' consists of more than 3 (or 4) dimensions. This is the cause of our innability to comprehend it. Try to imagine a 4th spatial dimension. This causes most people to shut down completely and become frustrated. The few who can do this still run into a wall when trying to imagine a 5th or 6th dimension and various theories put the total at anywhere between 7 and infinite. It quickly becomes too much for our minds to comprehend. Even those who have been to the other side and returned are unable to put their experience into words that the rest of us can understand.
Old 23-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
That is a good story. The mystery of the Spirit is seen differently to us all. Maybe it is more about understanding what we were given to work with and not trying to understand what others were given to them to work with. We all walk our own path and there is a path for every person.

mj

Excellent point, MJ. I'm coming more to a view that even truth can be relative. It may be that, say, if you believe in reincarnation, and I don't, that is God or Spirit telling you that it will happen for you, and it won't for me.

Or it may be that you have opted for it, and I have opted against it.

This would render moot the argument "Is it true, or not? Does it happen, or not?"

I used to discuss this with my wife. She felt that eternity would be rejoicing with Jesus. I felt that I'd still have lessons to learn, work to do, wrongs to atone for. Who can say for sure that both of us are not correct in our own cases?

Incidentally, your name here made me laugh! My real-life first and middle names are "James Matthew". When my wife passed away, I had my own name and birth date placed on the tomb, along with her info.

When I went to the tomb to inspect it, I said to my stepdaughter, en route, "Well, I wonder how they managed to screw it up?"

Sure enough! They had my name as "Matthew James"!

Exit mausoleum, chew *** of sales rep, profuse apologies, lettering corrected next week.

This is another reason why I recommend people arrange their own burials as much as possible while they're still on this side of eternity: makes it easier to straighten out the inevitable screw-ups.

Jim
Old 23-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Yes,he did look young,Jim.
What I could see of him,all I really remember was his dirty face.
His uniform was covered in dust and dirt.
That soldier would have been about in his seventies or eighties now.
But he chose,as you said,to show himself as he was in the midst of battle.

Now hubby had an experience of his own,years ago long before he was ill.
He dreamed he was standing at the bottom of the hill where a battle was fought in Korea. It is a well known battle,name escapes me at the moment.

His army mates,who he knew had passed on,were standing at the top of the hill,waving to him to join them.
He woke up in a cold sweat. Now that was several years,before he was diagnosed with cancer.
It's amazing what information we can receive in dreams.....or is it the way that spirit can give us information or warnings?

It seems clearly "so your husband could recognize him" in this case, DS.

I just finished reading Admiral Usborne Moore's "Glimpses of the Next State". He tells of an experience where a medium related to him that at a sitting, she clairvoyantly saw a man in a naval uniform, who gave her his name, and who was drippping water.

Adm. Moore recognized him as an officer aboard his vessel: who had fallen overboard, and DROWNED, some 20 years earlier!

Jim
Old 23-01-2012, 08:09 PM
deepsea

Exactly,Jim.

After my father passed away,I 'saw' him in a dream.
My dad was 73 years when he left us,but he looked in his 40's in the dream.
Dressed as he always dressed,when going out somewhere.
Smartly dressed in suit and tie.
Black hair,not grey. And the great big smile I remembered from long ago.
He held out his arms to give me a hug and I woke up!
Old 23-01-2012, 08:13 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
We are conditioned to think in 3 dimensions (4 if you subscribe to spacetime, where time is also a dimension). The spiritual 'realm' consists of more than 3 (or 4) dimensions. This is the cause of our innability to comprehend it. Try to imagine a 4th spatial dimension. This causes most people to shut down completely and become frustrated. The few who can do this still run into a wall when trying to imagine a 5th or 6th dimension and various theories put the total at anywhere between 7 and infinite. It quickly becomes too much for our minds to comprehend. Even those who have been to the other side and returned are unable to put their experience into words that the rest of us can understand.

Your last sentence,Athribiristan.
It is indeed,hard to describe exactly what we have experienced in the spirit world.
Colours cannot be related exactly how we have seen them.
Details are blurred,the visual experience is practically gone.
Deepsea
Old 25-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Cano

I gather that our world is just as mysterious and difficult to see in the eye's of spirits.

Cano
Old 26-01-2012, 02:17 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cano
I gather that our world is just as mysterious and difficult to see in the eye's of spirits.

Cano

Looking into the physical world from the etheric may well be difficult - that's well documented.

For those who have never lived here their clouded perception is likely to be because they haven't experienced life in-the-body.

Those who have lived here may be equally unable (literally) to look back into the physical world they once inhabited, but because they have experienced lives here, the conditions are still familiar and hence not mysterious.
Old 26-01-2012, 08:33 AM
deepsea

Those from here may well remember their last life once they reach the spirit world,so would feel at home if visiting this plane once again.
But I believe memories fade in time (so I read once) the longer they spend in spirit.
How true this is,I really do not know.
Deepsea
Old 26-01-2012, 02:35 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Those from here may well remember their last life once they reach the spirit world,so would feel at home if visiting this plane once again.
But I believe memories fade in time (so I read once) the longer they spend in spirit.
How true this is,I really do not know.
Deepsea

That's a fair point but rather like riding a bike we probably will always do better than someone who hasn't ever done it - even though we may not have put foot-to-pedal for a l-o-n-g time......

Even a faded memory is way better than never having had the experience in the first instance.
Old 26-01-2012, 06:56 PM
deepsea

it brings to mind children who bring up memories of a past life.
(if that is what they are)
Those memories fade in time,like our memories of this physical plane will do.