Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Master
Reconciling Religious Violence

Since the major conflict of our time is a religious conflict, I think it's important to reconcile what is done in God's name.

I know there are accounts of violence in old text, and religious folk would be aware of these, and there's also texts which specify the conditions under which violence is justifiable, so persons of religion can easily find scriptures which tell of God sanctioning violence, and perceive their current circumstances in way that justifies acting violently... which is what is happening currently in the world.

So... I'd like to look toward the violent acts in antiquity, which were commanded by God, and ask the religious folk among us how that can be reconciled.

My primary concern is, if it can be reconciled... that would also explain how religious conflict is currently justified... so it seems to me.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Master

the extreme religious is nothing new. most of history has violence in the name of god. that is why i believe that all religions need an update. the new age book "a course in miracles" is a better guide to life. it is still the word of god because it is channeled material. spirituality, a personal relationship with god, does not have all the violence in it.

until religions are done away with, there is a need for reconciliation. the only thing i see is one of the base tenants. do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

kk
Old 04-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't need to reconcile anything.

'Done in God's Name' as a reason comes from distorted minds, incorrect thinking.. why, they don't even know
God's unspeakable Name that was here before there were tongues or pen and paper.
Idiots, all idiots.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Master

There is no reconciliation in my opinion. Violence begets violence.

You look at those old scripture and you see where they have shoved God into a box. Locked the lid and threw away the key. Thus conforming Him to their tiny minds rather than letting Him be free to manifest in all of His splendor.

To dare think that God would sanction any form of violence is inconceivable.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Master
Since time immemorial people have always found their own justification for doing whatever it is that they choose to do. This is still seen today, and chances are, it will still be seen tomorrow.

People will come up with whatever they need to, to justify their actions, whether it's the "right" thing to do, or because "God" told them to do. All atrocious actions that have and continue to transpire are done all because someone things it's the "right" thing to do.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:19 AM
Master

Cultures who think their cause is right always think their version of God is the right one. Thus, praying to their version of God to inflict suffering on their enemies. Bah-Humbug.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Master
I've stated recently several times, that this world is a violent situation. That, if the things which occur in the wild, occur in humanity, it is called,
"Crime".

It is not about religion. It is about the organic situation. The "animal/mammal", in which we find ourselves, "here".
A fallen situation, which the Bible well attends to...
It is about human nature.
So, you're premise is a little askew, Gem.

Concerning our fallen physiology -
Involving what is today called, "The Reptilian Brain", Ego, and the survival instincts, there is always going to be the predator/prey situation evident in the world, until the Lord returns.
Until things are restored to how they were.
But, "fallen from what?" Is the question of the day.

It is indicated to us, in a number of ways, that it is from the angelic.
From a different paradigm, the spiritual, and involving the timeless. Which same we read so much about in the many nde accounts, today.
A greater reality, existant.
Apart from this wholly organic... this animal/mammal, in the "construct" of time and space, which we experience currently.

This has already, been discussed in a number of ways, also, such as with here -
www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8010&page=10

Pointing the finger at another source, other than ourselves, is the way ego copes with what should be more than evident.

Involving our organic situation in "space/time", and the early and inherent "Reptilian Brain", residing within us; Within the animal/mammal physiology;
Also called the "R-Complex", or, "Limbic System...

The Reptilian Brain involves the Spinal, the Cerebellum, and including the Amygdala. The early developed, and rear portions of the human brain.

"A major change occurred when these early fish crawled out of the seas and onto the land. The enhanced difficulties of survival on land led to the creation of the "reptilian brain". This brain design is still visible in all modern reptiles and mammals and is a powerful clue to our common evolutionary ancestry."
web-us.com

However, regarding the situation of evolution, in time and space; Our true origins are from apart from time and space, regarding timeless, and eternal.
A greater reality existant.

With respect to this fallen, evolutionary paradigm, there are no exceptions. We are all in the same boat "here", and we ought not to let ego fool us.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 05-11-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I've stated recently several times, that this world is a violent situation. That, if the things which occur in the wild, occur in humanity, it is called,
"Crime".

It is not about religion. It is about the organic situation. The "animal/mammal", in which we find ourselves, "here".
A fallen situation, which the Bible well attends to...
It is about human nature.
So, you're premise is a little askew, Gem.

I think my premise is clearly defined.

Quote:
Concerning our fallen physiology -
Quote:
Involving what is today called, "The Reptilian Brain", Ego, and the survival instincts, there is always going to be the predator/prey situation evident in the world, until the Lord returns.
Until things are restored to how they were.
But, "fallen from what?" Is the question of the day.

It is indicated to us, in a number of ways, that it is from the angelic.
From a different paradigm, the spiritual, and involving the timeless. Which same we read so much about in the many nde accounts, today.
A greater reality, existant.
Apart from this wholly organic... this animal/mammal, in the "construct" of time and space, which we experience currently.

This has already, been discussed in a number of ways, also, such as with here -
www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8010&page=10

Pointing the finger at another source, other than ourselves, is the way ego copes with what should be more than evident.

It inquires into violence as it appears in religious scriptures, and also, violence that is justified under religious pretexts.

Quote:
Involving our organic situation in "space/time", and the early and inherent "Reptilian Brain", residing within us; Within the animal/mammal physiology;
Quote:
Also called the "R-Complex", or, "Limbic System...

The Reptilian Brain involves the Spinal, the Cerebellum, and including the Amygdala. The early developed, and rear portions of the human brain.

"A major change occurred when these early fish crawled out of the seas and onto the land. The enhanced difficulties of survival on land led to the creation of the "reptilian brain". This brain design is still visible in all modern reptiles and mammals and is a powerful clue to our common evolutionary ancestry."
web-us.com

However, regarding the situation of evolution, in time and space; Our true origins are from apart from time and space, regarding timeless, and eternal.
A greater reality existant.

With respect to this fallen, evolutionary paradigm, there are no exceptions. We are all in the same boat "here", and we ought not to let ego fool us.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Master

Holy wars are ancient.

Consider the war in Iraq. we were going to do away with "the evil doers". Literally. Wasn't that a holy war? It would seem.

The nation were all gung-ho to enter this war. Revenge. Kill the evil doers. I just shook my head at the time and wondered when they would learn.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
It inquires into violence as it appears in religious scriptures, and also, violence that is justified under religious pretexts.

Right. This is what I referred to as, "askew".

Point is, as pointed out in my above post, violence will occur under ANY pretext. As can be observed.
Shall we discuss Marxism, now? Or... there is no violence among the atheists, or... ?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein