Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Aquatic_Dragon

I have a bugging question...

Ok so i am assuming that everyone feels that death is not the end but rather the start of a new life either on earth or as spirit.

When people say to me that they are scared of death, or that they think that when they die that that is it, no more them, kapoosh... I fail to see the logic in that. Im not saying that i would put down peoples beliefs about death for i am not that sort of person. But what i am saying is that everyday i live on this earth, every time i wake up and even when im doing stuff, i always feel like i can never be gone, i will always be here, even in infinity, either in spirit or in another body, i feel i have a sense of power within me that will never die, no matter what.

When i talk to some people i know they think i am totally nuts that i have no fear in death at all, but my mind can not take in the words that so many speak, 'when we die, thats it, we are no more'. I do not see the logic in no afterlife at all.

Does this statement bug anyone else? Does anyone else feel the way i do?

A_D x
Old 24-11-2011, 01:45 AM
earthprowler

it annoys me but you can't change their mind, they have to change it for themselves.

but they're all in for a reallllly big surprise now aren't they?
Old 24-11-2011, 01:49 AM
sesheta

I have a co-worker who believes exactly that: when you die, that's it - nothing else. He is very much a "if I can't see it & it isn't proven, then I don't believe it" type guy! It doesn't really "bug" me, as I think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...but I told him that if I die first, I'll come back & haunt him just to let him know there's something else :)
Old 24-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Aquatic_Dragon

Haha yes they are earthprowler.

And sesheta that sounds like a fun way of letting someone know.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:28 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic_Dragon
Ok so i am assuming that everyone feels that death is not the end but rather the start of a new life either on earth or as spirit.

When people say to me that they are scared of death, or that they think that when they die that that is it, no more them, kapoosh... I fail to see the logic in that. Im not saying that i would put down peoples beliefs about death for i am not that sort of person. But what i am saying is that everyday i live on this earth, every time i wake up and even when im doing stuff, i always feel like i can never be gone, i will always be here, even in infinity, either in spirit or in another body, i feel i have a sense of power within me that will never die, no matter what.

When i talk to some people i know they think i am totally nuts that i have no fear in death at all, but my mind can not take in the words that so many speak, 'when we die, thats it, we are no more'. I do not see the logic in no afterlife at all.

A_D x

Such statements used to annoy me but I've learned over my years 'in the spooks' that folk will believe and say whatever they choose and they will understand the bigger picture only when the is right for them individually - before that time no amount of discussion/debate/argument will reach them.

It took quite a time before I reached that point of acceptance.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Master
I think its the ego that wants to live on for ever, when this life as we know it is finished, that's it. Life continues on, but not with you, or who you think you are in this life, find out who you truly are, now this can never die, or be born.
Old 27-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic_Dragon

A_D x

Yes, definitely. I've always felt that same way- even, ironically when I used to be an athiest in my early teens I still knew in my heart that my very Being would not die after my body died. As a little child, my father told me that once we are dead and buried- then we remain in the casket and that is it- we are gone forever. I instinctively KNEW he was wrong, even though I used to believe everything he said-- i just KNEW how totally wrong he was and I wondered why he was telling me that.
Old 28-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Celeste

Just a few random comments.

"They say" it is easier to die (be born into the next world) than to be born to this world (going through the birth canal, etc). It is denser here. (There certainly are no weight problems in Heaven.) It is hard (the "valley of tears") in that it is a lesson place.

Then, next unrelated "comment:"

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are small matters compared to what lies within us," by R.W. Emerson. Now to me, that says it all. It is the most empowering of quotes. When I was the most depressed, because I didn't have a clue what my place was on, this was so comforting, because in Heaven, we are all equal, in our magnificence.

In my body, sometimes I look at myself, from inside to out, and I realize how much I am connected to the Universe, with or without my body. And that, too, is an indicator of empowerment.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:52 AM
mattie

Other POVs Are A Given

It is a given that there are many POVs about this & many other issues. I’m not sure why one would be annoyed or perturbed at others having another POV unless it is seen that their POV is the only allowable correct one.

We are in charge of our emotions whether we realize it or not.
Old 30-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Celeste

What is meant by POV?