Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The situation will vary according to the medium's experience and ability to sort wheat from the chaff.

Those most adept can achieve remarkable results after initial identification of the would-be communicator. In turn that ensures the information/message reaches the intended recipient.

So, the medium receives messages from the discarnate side, without realizing the incarnate person they are intended for?

Jim
Old 30-10-2011, 06:08 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
So, the medium receives messages from the discarnate side, without realizing the incarnate person they are intended for?

Jim

Not when they're 'doing their job' properly.....

A medium will be approached by those wishing to make contact. Some will be tire-kickers. Some will try to reach a family member (for example) not at the demonstration by using a third party, a friend perhaps, who is there. Some will try to get a message across when there's no-one to accept it. Yet others will know their desired recipient is in an audience.

How effectively the medium sorts them out initially affects the messages eventually given out (naturally enough) and a good medium will take care that identification is as clear as possible and that the correct message is passed on to the intended recipient as clearly as possible.

no mean feat
Old 30-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I would think that it is difficult for the medium to hone in on specific questions of, or spirit messages to, a particular individual in a crowd setting, as in a church. Is this true? It seems as though simultaneous multiple questions and messages would become intermingled and garbled.

Jim

Hello

I do platform Mediumship in a large group setting and what happens for me is that I hold the energies of the Spirits there to communicate and I get help from me Guides in sorting out whom is whom and then I FEEL the energy vibration for WHOM the message is for and I move to them alone. Its a a matter of say the name Robert coming up and three people can claim a Robert in Spirit then me as the Medium has the floor to feel with the permission set WHOM this Robet is for and give a specific detail only the one the message is for would understand.

I feel its all on the intent for Spirit to trust and work with the Medium and feel safe that if the message is TOO personal it will be taken after the enent in private. I do a lot of that work. I do not wish to make someone cry unless they are opne to release those emotions and be looked at.

Lynn
Old 30-10-2011, 09:03 PM
earthprowler

[quote=mac]It's true that through evidential mediumship folks here in this world may sometimes be able to communicate with family or friends 'over there'. But it's not like picking up a phone and there's no certain way of making contact with anyone let alone a specific individual.

I beg to differ.....that is exactly how i tell people to contact their loved ones when we sit down together, they will "make a phone call", and i'll pick up the phone to answer when their loved one calls in. and 9 times out of 10, I will get the loved one that they want to talk to.
Old 30-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting replies on different ways of making contact, seems like each person has their own " style " of what works best for them.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 30-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Guide
Hi Left Behind,
Great post when I read it, it was as if I had written it myself almost. I also lost my dad five years ago and we were very close.

I sought out a spiritual medium 6 months after his passing and received the most brilliant messages through her from him, but the most important of all was that he was always with me and was very happy. He was also happy that he wasn't in pain. I always had a sense of his presence with me anyway, so this was just confirmation.

Coincidentally 40 days after his passing he came to me in a dream and told me the same thing.

My appointment with the medium had been my first foray into the world of "spirits" so my medium literally blew me away. I had researched her before I attended and she is normally booked out six weeks in advance. She had a great reputation and had been on tv, in the media and also written a book, so I was confident I was getting the real deal.

Curiously, I went back to her in April this year. I "wanted" to hear from him, his blessing, some loving message to me and .. I can't describe it, some fatherly love almost?

But it doesnt work like that LOL.

I got back what he wanted me to know and whilst I remember being a little dissappointed not because the medium didn't do a good job, but because of my preconceptions as to my expectations. He got his message across.

I would also recommend one on one. It's worth it.

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 31-10-2011, 07:46 AM
mac

[quote=earthprowler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It's true that through evidential mediumship folks here in this world may sometimes be able to communicate with family or friends 'over there'. But it's not like picking up a phone and there's no certain way of making contact with anyone let alone a specific individual.

I beg to differ.....that is exactly how i tell people to contact their loved ones when we sit down together, they will "make a phone call", and i'll pick up the phone to answer when their loved one calls in. and 9 times out of 10, I will get the loved one that they want to talk to.

remarkable
Old 31-10-2011, 08:42 AM
mattie

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I wonder how many actually read what was asked in the original posting, viz "Is it possible to talk to him? I read somewhere that we can talk to our deceased parents or siblings through a spiritual mediator. Is it true?"

I suggest it's plain that this enquirer is asking about mediumship. 'Sending out thoughts' or using 'feeling and thinking' to listen for replies don't address the questions asked.

I’m not sure how I would know ‘how many actually read what was asked in the original posting’ as this would take considerable omniscience that I’m not in possession of.
So I assume you covered whatever you thought was relevant to the OP in whatever your reply was.

Last edited by mattie : 31-10-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 31-10-2011, 08:54 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
So I assume you covered whatever you thought was relevant to the OP in whatever your reply was.

You can judge that for yourself.
Old 31-10-2011, 08:56 AM
mattie

Haven't Read It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You can judge that for yourself.

I havent read the other replies, so I have no idea what POVs or opinions you may have offered.

Determining if others covered what they thought was relevant isn't something that I put any effort towards as I'm not really sure how one would determine if another covered what was relevent to them about the OP.
I assume that others post whatever they consider relevant in their own post.

Last edited by mattie : 31-10-2011 at 09:59 AM.