Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Question confusing me.

I want to know is jesus God or son of God.?
Old 25-07-2013, 08:31 PM
cheeneka

Hi,

Neither in my opinion, Jesus was a great prophet like buddah and allah and all the other prophets. They were enlightened beings who came to teach us all about love.
I use the word love instead of God or Jesus.
Love is all encompassing and I do not see how God or love could be just one person when love is omnipresence.
Go with your own truth.
love
Gismo
Old 25-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4you007
In Christian orthodoxy, he is both.

But in the early days of Christianity, there wasn't a consensus. Different groups believed in one, the another or both (which is what most modern Christians believe). In ancient cultures, Jewish included, calling a person a son of God didn't entail them being a god themselves; but rather, someone especially favored, or chosen to do God's will. Christians referred to Jesus as the son of God from an early time on, but it's unlikely they believed he was because of a miraculous birth involving God himself. For instance, the Gospel of Mark is the earliest written gospel (about 65 AD) and he mentions nothing about a virgin birth, or Jesus being God in his essence. Matthew and Luke are later, by about 10 to 20 years, and they both have a narrative of Jesus' birth; stressing that he isn't just a human, but shares a special relationship with God (and I would contend that the birth narratives are by-products of Gentile beliefs; converted pagans would've recognized and appreciated a demigod whose father is a god). Whereas John the youngest gospel, mentions nothing of Jesus' birth, but contends that Jesus was a pre-existent being who was both a part of God and actually God. When early Christian groups began reading these four gospels together, the idea of a son of God and the Son of God develop, and are subsumed into the understanding of Jesus.

So by reading the Bible in harmony - which can be difficult at times - we cab reach the conclusion that Jesus is the unique offspring of God who was born of a virgin, but was existent before his conception and birth, and even before the creation of the cosmos.
Old 26-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:

You don't need to ask people what they believe regarding Jesus divinity. If you believe the Old and New Testaments are Revelations of God, which Jesus confirms are: with natural and supernatural miracles, with His Word then a Faith in these revelations and Law is a must.
Old 26-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:

Both, as are we all.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Pathfinder
Lets look at the consequences of belief....

1. Jesus is God; I am told all I have to do is believe this and bingo, Yahtzee, we have a winner. This is all that is required so we are Sold.

or, what if....

2. Jesus, Son of God, was a "normal" child with a hunger and passion for God. He had spirit guides to teach him about the ability to "become", thru spiritual growth in God's Love, the Christ. It took him 30 years of work, determination, patience, and love to become the Christ. Then he showed us what WE were capable of, he like us, sons and daughters of God.

If you ask me, number 2 is more inspiring to my soul, it makes me want to try to be like Jesus more. It is like watching an exercise video, you see the example and you go for it....

Number 1 causes our powerful soul to be subservient, passive. And when the soul is in this position, all manner of earthly influences can affect it.

I choose to find my powerful soul, through my brother Jesus' example.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo
Hi,

Neither in my opinion, Jesus was a great prophet like buddah and allah and all the other prophets. They were enlightened beings who came to teach us all about love.
I use the word love instead of God or Jesus.
Love is all encompassing and I do not see how God or love could be just one person when love is omnipresence.
Go with your own truth.
love
Gismo

It is just my opinion but it seems that Allah cannot be a prophet of God.
I've been insterested in learning more about each religion and Islamic seems so brutal and violent. I cannot imagine that God would tell his Prophets that his people should be tortured and killed if they question or turn from their religion, or that young girls at the precious age of 9 should be married and have sexual relations to a man in his 50's. This just doesn't seem loving in any manner. It seems utterly heartbreaking.
I think Buddha would agree.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Master
In reference to your question. I believe Jesus was the son of God, but so are you and I.
Jesus was spiritually awakened to his gifts and he was here to teach those who didn't understand the power and Love of God.
But God is not a man, so saying that he is His son is hard to understand.
So in a sense Jesus is God incarnate. Just as we all are, we just can't seem to comprehend that we are Love at our very core and God Is Love.
Not a man. Not a human.
Just almost impossible to understand. And this is where Faith comes in.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:

Jesus and the Buddha are vey much alike in their teachings. Here is what aligns with Buddha's teachings...

Jesus is called the "Son of God" only because of the Virgin Birth into this fallen material world situation. Otherwise... as He stated Himself, He is one with the Father, and the Father Himself.
Manifested into this human situation, in time and space.

He existed before the manifestation and birth, and he exists ever also, in Eternity.

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."

He rose bodily after His atonement for our sins, and maintains, for our sakes, a seperate body. But, that will change, as all things will regarding complete merging, ( a re unification), with that which is timeless, and Eternal, also.

The Cliimate events we are seeing today in the world, and, that which is going on within human affairs, are signs of His approach, and return.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
It is just my opinion but it seems that Allah cannot be a prophet of God.
Allah is God. I assume you're referring to Mohammad.