Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Gracey

have you had any creative inspiration, save the art, from this experience?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 AM
mattie

Remembering More & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
... this past December I had a dream I was hovering over the planet. I was with someone that I couldn’t see; we were just floating there looking down. At one point I turned around and looked and could see the center of the galaxy. I could see this big white mass surrounded by billions of stars. It all seemed so vivid and so alive; it was truly breath-taking! All of the sudden I was right there beside a Neutron Star, speeding its way to our solar system. I asked the being what was happening, he said we were about to become a Binary-Star system.

I just wish I were conscious during this ordeal. I didn’t know what had happened until I woke up; but remembered everything in perfect detail. ...

You were probably w/ your guide. Perhaps viewing a future event?
In Old Timer's description of what sounds like the NDE tunnel he mentions getting a telepathic instruction if he went further he would not come back. Both sound like energy work w/ your guide(s). What I described was some sort of energy work too. I just can't remember any more about it than I described though. I didn't recall interacting w/ a guide in the portion I recalled.

Check out the NASA pics. These are often useful for jogging the memory.
http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/entire/
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

The following galaxy pics are from the first link.

Last edited by mattie : 02-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:07 AM
mattie

Old Timer's Tunnel Description= Training Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
I've seen that tunnel, GregoryScott. I woke up in it with my conscious self moving at an incredible speed toward a pinpoint of light that grew in size the closer I got to it. The tunnel was huge and seemed to be horizontal with "stuff" whirling around the inside perimeter of it. I felt free and elated while racing along until someone put the thought in my mind, "If you go into the light, you will not return". With that, I was instantly back in my body, back in my room as if nothing had happend. I had no idea what I had just experienced but, I knew it was real.

A few years after, when I was watching a talk show, a doctor named Elizabeth Kubler Ross was talking about her book on death and dying and "tunnels" and that's when I found out what the tunnel was. I remember gulping a little as I listened.

Oh .. and it only got scary after the thought was put into my mind about entering the light.

I bet it was an interesting show for you!

You may have been doing some sort of energy training w/ your spiritual team about what portals to use or not. Sort of like learning to drive in the proper lane of an interstate highway!
The instructions you had telepathically could have been from your guide.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
GregoryScott

Hey Rainbowcrow, first I want to apologize. After re-reading what I said about your experience I see my words came out all wrong. I should not have said “almost OBE”; you obvious experienced a projection but can only remember a portion. This happens to me quite frequently. Especially lately; I can only remember bits and pieces of these experiences, but just about everyone I am out of my body and with a guide; almost like a teacher of some kind; and here lately it feel like someone is there every night waiting to show me something more. It almost feels as if I am cramming for an exam. Some things I can remember, some I can’t, no matter how hard I want to. They are showing me so many things and it’s driving me crazy that my memory has been so fragmented. And by the time I become conscious of what is occurring I’m already back in my room, just lying there talking to myself.

I know what you mean about being afraid. The first time I popped out of my body, I had just woken up from a lucid dream and sat up in my bed. I felt a little funny; I turned over to look at my wife and notices my physical body was still lying there next to her. Now when you see that you are without a doubt fully conscious and out of your physical body; when that reality hits you it becomes a bit jarring, to say the least; I don’t care how ready you think you are. Although, like you said, this is something you have wanted to achieve for some time now. Then it shouldn’t be too much of a shock for you; so your adjustment period may be instantaneous. Me, I wasn’t quite ready. I had read about them at this point, and was fascinated by the subject but deep down inside I just wasn’t sure it was possible. It was; it changed the way I looked at myself, and at the universe as a hole. At that point I knew I was a soul who had just stepped outside his body on a conscious level, and it was more real than I had ever imagined.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping someone would enlightening my on my tunnel experience, that if they thought it was possibly triggered by the mirror. I had read years later that looking into an optical depth during a meditative state could bring subconscious into the physical. But it was a practiced art that took years to learn. Maybe when you as sick as I was all rules are kind of tossed out the door. I don’t know if anyone else experiences this but every time I have the flu or even a severe cold, I have what feels like déjà-vu on and off the entire time I am ill.

Trust me, if you feel this compelled to experience an AP, then it will happen. When you want something bad enough it’s gets willed into existence.

Thank you for replying, take care…
Greg
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 AM
GregoryScott

Hey Mattie, if I didn’t know any better I would swear you’ve been on my computer. The first galaxy photo you posted was actually on my desktop background for the longest time. Hmmm… :) You’re good! Astronomy has always been a passion of mine, every since I was a child. I draw great inspiration in contemplating everything that is out there, it never ends and changes every time I blink my eyes.

Greg
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
mattie

NDE Can Occur Without A Life Threatening Illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Is it common for the NDE tunnel like experience be triggered by an illness such as the flu, strep throat, & tonsillitis? While having these all at the same time would be being very sick, it probably wasn’t life threatening for a 17 year old.

Reviewing several NDE articles showed this is also reported when it wasn't a life threatening experience.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
have you had any creative inspiration, save the art, from this experience?

Hmmm, interesting; on a subconscious level I believe it was an awaking that later became productive in my conscious life. Years later when I began remembering what had happened I began asking myself all kinds of question. The more I searched for answers the more facets of my being began to pour out. I was slowly becoming self aware; something I had never experienced before. I had my first lucid dream at the age 15, between that and the tunnel I experienced combine as my key moments in this lifetime.

Greg
Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
Hmmm, interesting; on a subconscious level I believe it was an awaking that later became productive in my conscious life. Years later when I began remembering what had happened I began asking myself all kinds of question. The more I searched for answers the more facets of my being began to pour out. I was slowly becoming self aware; something I had never experienced before. I had my first lucid dream at the age 15, between that and the tunnel I experienced combine as my key moments in this lifetime.

Greg

Cool, I have had a similar experience(tunnel, sense of no return if i jumped into it) to what you had minus the fear. I took it to creation theories of the universe.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
...I took it to creation theories of the universe.

Care to elaborate??
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Gracey

Sure but not in this thread.